• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Clemont's Got A Secret (812)

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
I see it more as playful jabs by a father in order to fluster his son in a joking matter…

My folks used to do the same thing all the time, lol.

Same here, a bunch of my friends' dads did the same. Has nobody experienced this or something? Even high school students do the same teasing

Yeah, happened to me all the time as a small child. Heck, my parents still do it to me now and I'm sixteen. Not abnormal and definitely not disturbing. Embarrassing though.

Thank you!

Sephora

yes I'm back
Yeah he was just joking with Citron. Nothing unusual but a father embarrassing his son :p
Now I see where Eureka gets it from hehe

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm really glad to see Serena and Clemont interacting a little more, in 3 episodes, they had more bonding than Dawn and Brock in 4 years, I'm sure they will have memorable moments in the future, and his father even paired them, it looks like his whole family wants him to get married.

That part was over the top imo. I wanted Serena and Clemont to interact more, but seeing that turn into some faux-shippy moment because of Limone just ruined my all my hopes for Serena and Clemont's friendship. It's like, can't two characters interact without the writers forcing a "romance" subplot down our throats? I'm not even saying this because I support AmourShipping either; it's just really silly that we can't escape "love" in XY; either we have Bonnie proposing to random girls for Clemont, or Limone pairing him with Serena in this episode. Ugh.

Supersonicbro

You literally just described this group with "hey let's follow this kid." The entire thing is all because of how 'great' Ash is in their eyes and it's all forced.

If I wanted to see unwarranted hero worship I'd be watching SAO.

But unlike b/w (i tried not to mention them) they didn't follow ash for no reason. At first cilan was impressed by his battle style (which i never got btw, no other oshawott used it's scallop to defend before?) but it was never really shown that cilan was learning or growing from watching ash. He just made cooking puns about what he did.

and iris...her becoming a dragon master apparently had to deal with her judging ash on all his mess ups.

but in comparison, the x/y group had their reasons to follow ash because of who he was, not because he was some random trainer.

Ash was shown to be courageous in the garchomp incident, something that is special and inspired clemont.

Ash and serena had a past friendship, she wanted to travel with the boy from he past again.

They both had reasons to go along with ash, not just go on a journey, they go because of their ties formed with ash and who he is. Not because he's on a journey.

Squirtle_007

But unlike b/w (i tried not to mention them) they didn't follow ash for no reason. At first cilan was impressed by his battle style (which i never got btw, no other oshawott used it's scallop to defend before?) but it was never really shown that cilan was learning or growing from watching ash. He just made cooking puns about what he did.

and iris...her becoming a dragon master apparently had to deal with her judging ash on all his mess ups.

In "A Call for Brotherly Love" Cilan said he used to think that the ideal strategy was balancing attacks and techniques, but traveling with Ash taught him that doesn't works for every person.

Iris decided to follow Ash because he told her he saw Zekrom and she is interested in Dragon-type Pokémon.

Just because Iris and Cilan didn't kissed the ground Ash stepped on like every other companion does/did doesn't mean they followed Ash for no reason (¬_¬).

So, Limone pairing Clemont and Serena upset Amourshippers ... sweet! :D

Supersonicbro

I don't think they needed to kiss the ground he walked on, but I do think a bit of a friendship should have been shown, the final episode kinda showed how good their group dynamic was.

but anyway back to the episode, I think the reason why the citroid (how are they gonna dub that?) went crazy was because the password clemount used was reset when it bumped it's head. And when he tried to use it, he got kicked out. And when he remembered the bump and what he said after it, that's when he was able to battle the robot.

but i don't understand why he had to battle him after he remembered the password, if that was what happened.

Squirtle_007

Does anybody know why they decided to leave the gym without Ash having his battle?

Last edited by a moderator:

Supersonicbro

And still, they had a better dynamic than DP-three-persons-going-in-the-same-road-that-never-felt-like-a-group, just because they dared to interact with each other without Ash doesn't mean they didn't had a friendship.

Does anybody know why they decided to leave the gym without Ash having his battle?

yeah that's true, i only compared them to b/w because they were the most recent. but d/p group wasn't too good either.

and i think ash said something along the lines of him wanting to get the number of badges he was told to get and that he wanted to battle clemont instead of the robot.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
They both had reasons to go along with ash, not just go on a journey, they go because of their ties formed with ash and who he is. Not because he's on a journey.

Right, and I don't enjoy watching characters who have little to nothing to do but praise another character endlessly.

Analon

Smalltime Author
Another excellent episode. I wish I could understand the dialogues though. As everyone pointed out, loved the character dynamics. Citron's dad is really likable.
So what happened when Citroid went beserk? Why did he chase Citron out? I mean what reason did he give?
And why did Citron's pokemon obey citroid? Magnamite looked like he was mind controlled...

RickHoenn

Banned
Anyway, this was another great episode XY provided, I'm enjoying the chemistry and dynamics between the characters, it's refreshing. I'm glad the Lumiose gym trouble was solved and our heroes still don't know who's the Mega Blaziken man, can't wait for the 5th gym battle altough that will probably happen in December 2014 or even 2015. XD

Keep it up XY! 10/10

Last edited by a moderator:

CMDShift4

Anonymous
So, Limone pairing Clemont and Serena upset Amourshippers ... sweet! :D

To some, yes. But not me, it was a total "meh" since it's not legit anyway.

---

It's somehow cool when they try to experiment a gym battle when the acting gym leader itself was a robot.

+1 for Citron not only is a practioner of robotics and electrical engineering but also a decent computer (assembly) programmer. I can somehow relate, just a little.

LOL@Eureka:
[img139]http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx345/cmdshift/eureka01_zps23d37da7.gif[/img139]

Best boy buddies/bros ever:

[spoil]
[img139]http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx345/cmdshift/bestbros01_zpsc6db14f8.gif[/img139]
[img139]http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx345/cmdshift/bestbros02_zps64fcf24a.gif[/img139]
[img139]http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx345/cmdshift/bestbros03_zps67bac33d.gif[/img139]
[/spoil]

Best battle scene that is gif worthy:

[img139]http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx345/cmdshift/horubiigif01_zps0e2fba40.gif[/img139]

By far my most favorite episode among the nine. Clemont, and his confidence issues are something I can relate too (him being a engineer of sorts is a plus for me). He has surpassed Ash and Bonnie as my favorite character through this episode, temporarily at least. I hope we get more focus episodes revolving around him, and show a good good continuation to this character development. I am wondering how they will take it from here though. I've honestly expected this particular sub-plot to run around for a good amount of time. I liked the fact they didn't drag it, but I am also not sure how Clemont will be handled from now on.

The battle was great. It was shown how Bunnelby was specifically trained to beat Heliolisk. However, Citroid proved to be a much tougher challenger when Bull Doze came into play. Regardless, this episode has established Clemont as a genius, both in terms of battles and developing robots. Lack of courage is his weakness, something that has been foreshadowed repeatedly every time Bonnie pushes him to do something. Bonnie is perhaps like her father, because she seems to be much more courageous than her brother.

Limone was fun, for the brief moments he appeared. However, the Blaziken Mask side of his character is something I am really looking forward to.

I personally don't think the interactions were that "forced", at least from Ash's side. Ash makes friends pretty easily, and stands up for them (see how he constantly helps the CoTD from OS days). I can't say the same for Serena though. Maybe she's simply following her crush's actions? (LOL) She seems to be doing that a lot.

And that Magneton's splitting dodge.....that's really weird, if you might ask. Maybe because I am used to Magneton being a single unit that can't split itself apart?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
By far my most favorite episode among the nine. Clemont, and his confidence issues are something I can relate too (him being a engineer of sorts is a plus for me). He has surpassed Ash and Bonnie as my favorite character through this episode, temporarily at least. I hope we get more focus episodes revolving around him, and show a good good continuation to this character development. I am wondering how they will take it from here though. I've honestly expected this particular sub-plot to run around for a good amount of time. I liked the fact they didn't drag it, but I am also not sure how Clemont will be handled from now on.

The battle was great. It was shown how Bunnelby was specifically trained to beat Heliolisk. However, Citroid proved to be a much tougher challenger when Bull Doze came into play. Regardless, this episode has established Clemont as a genius, both in terms of battles and developing robots. Lack of courage is his weakness, something that has been foreshadowed repeatedly every time Bonnie pushes him to do something. Bonnie is perhaps like her father, because she seems to be much more courageous than her brother.

Limone was fun, for the brief moments he appeared. However, the Blaziken Mask side of his character is something I am really looking forward to.

I personally don't think the interactions were that "forced", at least from Ash's side. Ash makes friends pretty easily, and stands up for them (see how he constantly helps the CoTD from OS days). I can't say the same for Serena though. Maybe she's simply following her crush's actions? (LOL) She seems to be doing that a lot.

And that Magneton's splitting dodge.....that's really weird, if you might ask. Maybe because I am used to Magneton being a single unit that can't split itself apart?

We should of seen it coming after Magneton's Pokemon Snap animation lol.

Also is Magnemite really big in that one gif behind Serena or is it just me??

dman_dustin

Anyone else want to speculate that Limone's dub name will end up being "Sitrus" or any other spelling equivalent maybe "Citrus"
======

Oh great episode by the way.

LOL at Heliolisk being so excited to see Clemont, I really hope Clemont takes it with him after his gym battle with Ash in the future.

And nice win for Bunnelby.

RVD_fan

Realistic friendship isn't this flawless and perfect. Forced is exactly the word I'd use.
I think we've established by now that Ash will be friendly with anyone who gives him the chance. I wouldn't expect him to change now.

Janovy

Banned
I wish Fennekin took down a Pokemon or at least hit one. And I didn't know Magneton could split like that. -.-

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
*sigh* At the risk of repeating myself for the umpteenth time, please stop bringing up previous sagas or their characters just to land a punch against them. BW is over. Other series have been over for at least 3 years. This is XY. Kindly take your hate elsewhere, it's getting really old.

Dankeschön ^_______________^

pokemon fan 132

Judging by summary and preview at first i was pretty skeptic about whole episode, but im glad to see that i was proven wrong. Clemont is starting slowly but surely to earn his place growing on me.

I enjoyed in his enthusiastic, full of passion demeanor acting prideful and as real genious when it comes to science. I liked how we get to hear more about his backstory, bungle his robot caused in running gym while true owner was on journey and get to know more about past and family like their father Limone. Normally i don't consider someone parents to be much to write home about, but sheer level of spirit and vividness bursting out from that guy crying manly tears was priceless. Adding to natural, unforced characterization being one of those mature, yet quirky adults which has fire in themselves.

Battle between Robot and Clemont was ok, nothing that special imo using typical double team and dodge waiting for right moment strategy. But it was still good enough to catch my attention and keep me interested.

If this episode emphasized on something, than it is definitely positive influence presence of Ash character is leaving on Clemont. Serving as inspiration, motivator for Clemont to become stronger and more confident in himself and this episode along with previous one based on Rhyhorn racing is really bringing fruits on table.

In fact whole cast produced interchangeable and enjoyable dynamic between themselves having varied and at this point and time pretty tight chemistry.
Serena and Bonnie already established sweet and endearing two way interacting, making me remember why i always wanted that writers for change include two girls in group(like desire of many Misty and May in Hoenn which could had lead to many enjoyable and cute interactions,or conflict contrast in characterization would bring).

Way Bonnie behaves around Serena always being close to her gives out impression how she views her as some sort of "older sister", protective figure comforting her in feeling safer and more sure in herself. Combination of two girls in same cast opens door to so many variables and directions in which interactions can flow. In fact only way to top this would be in having two girls of same age or approximately same in one cast since it would open room for even more profound, packed with charge dynamic through rivalry and more mature views on world both may share having to overcome differences and earn each other respect.

But yeah so far im liking development of relationship starting to happen between Serena and Bonnie, but between Ash and Clemont as well working as solid group so far.

Im only worried how bond is perhaps too solid at this point and time running into risk of ending cpontrived and out of place if there is no proper build up and well paced flow as far as evolution of friendship goes. After all to form natural, flud friendship there need to pass some period so that people could get more familiar with themselves and adjust to each ther, leaving time for gradual and spontabeous development of strong bond over time filled with not just care, but friction and misunderstanding aswell being normal occurence in every relationship.

So hopefully writers wont fire all cards on table already, but as of now im definitely enjoying in Ash, Clemont, Bonnie and Serena interactions bringing humor, positive atmosphere and various crazy moments(in good way that is).

Overall great episode indeed.