• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Click Me Please!

Starrmyt

still loves gen II
Well, the revised glaceon, banette and Kyogre look amazing. The Torchic does too, but I think a bit of highlighted orange is needed on the head to round out the sprite. Even though it looks great without it, it would be much better with it.

I think.

Also, Sherlock Holmes was great. I liked Avatar better, though. :p

CrystalDepths

Jack Of All Trades
Just gonna leave a li'l c+c on the Kyogre, if I may...

I really like the pose, but on the whole the sprite looks a bit small...The tail looks especially ill proportioned to they body, its a tad small. The arms/fins are a bit too rounded for me, cuz I like to think Kyrogre's finger/whatevers are more square. Like other people said, the left arm/fin looks too fat compared to the other one, and the original artwork. I'm thinking you should make the lighter shading a bit thinner and the whole fin a bit longer. Again the finger-things should maybe be a bit squarer. Unless thats the style you were going for...The left fin thats not arm-like seems just pasted on. Not very attached...but i wouldn't know how to fix it. All I can say about it is that its a bit too high, move it back along the body a few pixels. Also at the base of the opposite one, it looks kinda flat on the body. Maybe the shading could help?

All in all, I don't particularly like the amount of shading, but I'm no expert on that, so your call on what style and shading you wanna have on it...I like the style, its just the amount of shading, to clarify. I also really like the style pose and general quality overall of the sprite. Good work!

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Torchic's head looks kinda unproportionate. Might wanna resize or repose it to make it better.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Finally, right? Took me ages, but I've finished 7 sprites. I was actually starting out just doing random pokemon, but seeing as I had mostly Hoenn pokemon and Hoenn is my favorite region, I turned this into a Hoenn Dex Project. ^_^ I got a little lazy with the glows. So...no more glows!

Thanks for all the help so far!

So I've got 7 knew ones for you. The starters, an evo, and three others. :3

treecko.gif

Treecko. Do you like the pose? If not, I can always try making him face forward. But I thought this was pretty original, so...

grovyle.gif

Grovyle! I like. These are the official colors, so no torching me with comments like Banette. :/

torchic.gif

I've taken that advice everyone gave me: The legs were too long, the head seemed flat, the body was too large, the headfeathers weren't attatched. So I fixed the sprite. xD

mudkip.gif

My favroite pokemon is finally sprited. He's adorable too. :>

poochyena.gif

I feel like he's too fat. Does anyone else see this?

wingull.gif

This pose is different than most wingull poses. It's always from the top, you never really see it face-on. So that was fun...

ralts.gif

He's so reverent.

So yeah. 7 sprites. I hope at least one of them gets some crit. So...post away!

(I'm gonna be editing the first post for a while, so bare with me. ^_^)​

Last edited:

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
I'm actually really interested in this Hoenn project that you're starting, since of course, Hoenn's always been my favourite region. It's wonderful to see someone actually try and sprite a whole dex again; that idea came around a long time ago and has been abandoned ever since...

How you've sprited them grabs my attention straight away. They're in a Pokemon style, yet they're in a new style at the same time. I love how some of them have more realistic proportions, and how some appear a bit more round than their official designs, like Grovyle for example.

I love the pose for Treecko. It isn't necessary to make him facing forward; the battle sprites just need to have the Pokemon looking at the right direction, which you've done nicely. I think that the tail is positioned a little too high-up and far away from the thigh area, so maybe if you brought it down and across it wouldn't leave such a huge gap in that space. The head could also do with being pushed up a bit so a neck is visable, and the crest-like part of the head could be sharpened.

I adore Grovyle. I think he looks absolute adorable being in the shape you've made him. The shading is really nice, especially around the face area; I like the detail you've managed to put there, too. Gives him a nice expression. I'm a little concerned about the shoulder area, since it suddenly goes extremely thin there, and it looks as if there's no obvious shoulder there. You might also need to adjust the outlines of the head leaf so it flows a bit smoother.

I'm not going to crit on every single sprite, sorry. ^^; Otherwise my post will be far too long, but I will agree with you about Poochyena being a bit thick in appearance. I don't consider it a bad thing, since it gives it a more realistic touch, but if you were planning to make any changes to it, I recommend you thinning the legs a little.

Hope this helps~ I can't wait to see more Hoenn Pokemon!!