• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Click Me Please!

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
You've clicked! My plan worked! Boo-to-the-yah! Aqua is BACK!

So, I've been spriting for some years now, and finally started my thread back up. I seem to keep wither forgetting about these things, or just being too lazy to post. But after close thought, I finally noticed why, I was too picky about c+c.

So. I've come to the conclusion, that you don't have to c+c, but I would like it, because, hey, who doesn't want to get better?

Mah Sprites
The Newest Ones
grovyle.gif

(scratched Grovyle)

Scratches:
treecko.gif
grovyle.gif
torchic.gif
mudkip.gif

poochyena.gif
wingull.gif
ralts.gif

shuppet.gif
banette.gif
kyogre.gif

This is my new style, so deal with it. I like the style. I wanna start fresh and show new things. So, that's what you'll get. All of my old things are garbage compared to my newer stuff.

Enjoy.​

Last edited:

Starrmyt

still loves gen II
Well.

So, that's what you'll get. All of my old things are garbage compared to my newer stuff.

Please, I beg to differ. I've seen much of your work that is on par or better than the Banette and Kyogre you have posted.

Not to say that these are bad, no, those sprites are fantasticly well done, especially the Kyogre. Its right arm seems a bit...misshapen, maybe its the absense of visible red, I don't know, it just seems...odd.

The Banette is great, it looks more realistic than the official sprites of it, I have to say, you make it seem less cartoony. I like that. I am looking forward to any more scratched sprites that you have in store. :)

Kecleoshrew

KECLEON :D
Fantastic! These are astounding!

Although, I do agree with Evan on the Kyogre. The arm/fin look odd. It looks larger than the one closest to us. Maybe try making it a bit smaller?

And the Banette. I just love it. There are no errors that i can see

Keep up the awesome work, as usual :D

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
Well of course I love these! (Who doesn't?) My only beef is that Banette is very light, especially for a ghost Pokemon. Other than that, these are fantastic.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Thank you all. I can't believe just two sprites have generated 5 posts! I'm so excited!

So, let me begin thanking you by replying to all your awesome comments.

Let's see...Kyogre I guess is where I should start. I recently just learned that it had the red pattern not only on the top of its fin, but on the bottom. So, that's something I should probably fix, huh? And the fact that some think the left fin(it's right) is awkward looking, or diproportional, I think that is because of the lack of the red and that it is farther away, so i made it a bit smaller.

And, Fused, the Banette's colors are directly from the official sprite, so if you have something against those, take it up with Nintendo, not me.(this is supposed to be in a kind manner, I hope I don't come off as an aggresive jerk-face. :p)

I'll get right along to fixing these as soon as I get back to my house, for I am away for the holidays and really don't feel like changing them on my cousin's laptop.

Thanks you all for commenting! And a newer or two should be headed your way soon! Possibly something to make this thread a winter wonderland? *hint hint*

Happy Holidays!

~Aqua​

Last edited:

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
And, Fused, the Banette's colors are directly from the official sprite, so if you have something against those, take it up with Nintendo, not me.(this is supposed to be in a kind manner, I hope I don't come off as an aggresive jerk-face. :p)

~Aqua​

It's not really the colors, but it looks like you used the highlight color alot. That just makes the entire product look bright. Something I noticed about the newer sprites is that the highlight colors are rationed. Very rationed.

Starrmyt

still loves gen II
I think that the use of lighter colors is very prominent in Aquakip's style, which I've been able to watch evolve over the past year or so. The sprites are very aesthetic, and I feel that if you can make nice looking sprites in your own style, it's great. :p

Btw, for the Kyogre, I'd actually flip the "fingers" and have that arm facing downward like the first one. It just seems like it would fit. Idk. :p

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Thanks to all of you for commenting.

I see what you mean on Banette, I guess I should customize my own colors, because I'm happy with the shading, but just as some of you said, the colors could use some work. But I don't want it too dark, maybe just a bit lighter than the official sprite. I dunno. I'll figure it out and hopefully you'll like it.

Well, just as I promised something to make the thread a winter wonderland. An ice type pokemon! Glaceon!

glaceon8852719903iaza.gif

And, I've made another. Just because Banette looks a bit lonely up there. Shuppet.

shuppet2003075715iaza.gif

I'll start tweaking the two sprites now, Kyogre and Banette.

Anything wrong with the two sprites, please tell me.​

Starrmyt

still loves gen II
I am loving the Shuppet. Like, I think its better than the official sprite. Too good. Love the pose, love the shading, its all just fantastic.

The Glaceon is also good, but I feel like you missed a bunch of shading opportunities on the frontal part of its body, mainly the front leg farther from us. You probably should have put some shading color on it.

Also, I see the official eye on it. Or something similar to it. I feel like while their eye goes well with the official sprite, you should probably edit it to fit your pose, for example, making it so the slant of the eye on the top isn't so steep.

But nonetheless, I still like the sprite alot. Keep up the great work! :p

Kecleoshrew

why must you be such a good spriter? ;~;

That shuppet, is awesome dude. My only problem, is that bit underneath the face, it looks like a bump. I dont know if it's supposed to be like that or not

and Glaceon, i have no problems with! It is fantabulous!

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
why must you be such a good spriter? ;~;

That shuppet, is awesome dude. My only problem, is that bit underneath the face, it looks like a bump. I dont know if it's supposed to be like that or not

and Glaceon, i have no problems with! It is fantabulous!

Um...That's the body, you're talking about, the torso. Look at the official sprite then look at mine and you'll understand what it is.

And thankyou ~Jocelyn~ and Starrmyt.

It took a long time for me to get the tail and headpiece right. I guess they still need work though, huh? No sprite is ever perfect! So, I'll get right onto that, and the shading too.​

Kecleoshrew

Oh yeah, i know now. It just looked a little awkward to me, was all. But, as i said, awesome sprites dude. I would give you 2 thumbs up, but they're broken >_>

Starrmyt

still loves gen II
ALSO!

The tail, when it connects to the rest of the body, it seems to be too fragile. There should be a stronger base to the tail. :-/

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Okay. I think I've gone and fixed everything. I think...

OLD----------------NEW
banette19038383753iaza.gif
banette18113427501iaza.gif

kyogre9384280696iaza.gif
kyogre6763568069iaza.gif

glaceon8852719903iaza.gif
glaceon8144652710iaza.gif

And now I have a new sprite for you! I like making small pokemon better, just because it tests my abilities to make the image less crowded and easy to see. I might start a Groudon soon, just to show you that I can do complex pokemon too. ^_^

A Torchic. My favorite fire type.

torchic8915344178iaza.gif

Also, as a sidenote to those who read the posts instead of just looking at the sprites, see Sherlock Holmes. It hit theatres December 25th, Christmas Day in other words, and was amazing. And that's not a biased point of view, just because I'm a huge RDJ fan. See it, you'll love it.

Last edited:

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
The Torchic needs more shading on the head; right now it looks very flat. It's also a bit small, and the legs are a bit long. Other than that, good.