• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Climbing the Tower of Success! (730)

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Freaking skeptic Dento, let the kids have their wishes XP

May: So...where's all the candy?
Max: u_u I knew it! There's no such thing as wishes!

See? :p Kids don't need wishes. I thought skeptic Dento was funny, it was refreshing to see someone with a logical brain again. XDDD Most of the time he's the one digging things.

gohan5

Irisboy
May: So...where's all the candy?
Max: u_u I knew it! There's no such thing as wishes!

See? :p Kids don't need wishes. I thought skeptic Dento was funny, it was refreshing to see someone with a logical brain again. XDDD Most of the time he's the one digging things.

Well whatever, it's not like anyone gave a crap what he was saying. Ash and Iris were on board from the beginning XD

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
On the impersonation contest; Out of all the impersonations appearance wise (not counting Reiji as he didn't dress-up as Junsa) I thought Dent was rather close to matching Kamitsure. It's his feminine body shape basically. Oh Mile that was just mean. I guess nobody would have gotten pass when imitating Kamitsure, no matter how good they were, by Mile's judging. If somebody else had been judging that round Dent definitely would have passed that round because he was great. The fact that Dent did a good job but didn't pass just because Mile was a huge Kamitsure fan so he couldn't help but be strict made the whole thing hilarious.

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

Finished watching the video version.

First question-Cilan says how it is, easy question is easy...not so easy for Stephan though, in his defense this is more of a game question over anime question, but it's a good thing Iris and Cilan were there to help. Good for Ash though, he's not stupid for once...for once. Only a three got it wrong.

Second question-...This still seems like game questions although I suppose it could imply to the anime too...but obviously these question are game based...whatever. Stephan is being stupid again...lucky Ash. Cilan does his thing, and figures the answer out...annoying Iris at the same time win-win :D. Wow, more then half got it wrong, although I assume most of the ones who got it right only got it right because Cilan said it out loud, lucky all of them.

Third question-...Wha...WHAT?! Alright, Mile just went down on my level of respect I had for him...he's a horrible judge. At less this time the question isn't game base... Poor Cilan, he's getting trolled here D:. Oh look it's Luke-err Erina-err Nick-err...oh his name is Reiji...or that's what he wants you to think >: D. He says he's a psychic does he...with that trollish smile you're clearly a faker. Iris just asked what a psychic is...wha...but...what. Luke is going to...I mean Reiji is going to prove he's a psychic and he does by...knowing Ash is a trainer...maybe he isn't a faker after all I mean...how else could he have known that... Oh time's running out...Stephan suggests to leave everything to Reiji...alright that seems legit. Reiji says the answer is yes, oh-oh looks like Mile is going to hold of Joy's-wait what's Elgyem doing...Cilan looks suspicious about this. So the answer is really no but Reiji trolled and made the answer yes...Ash and Stephan are amazed...well I guess Ash wasn't going to be smart for very long, Iris thinks it was just a coincidence, Cilan knows what really happened. I wonder what would of happened if Reiji wasn't here, would Ash and the other get it right or wrong. Ash and

Onto the scavenger hunt-Ash needs a Thunderstone-PIKACHU IS GOING TO EVOLVE!!!!!!! Iris needs a Super Rod, Cilan needs a Miracle Shooter...Stephan needs a Black Belt, and Erina needs a...Reiji needs a TwistedSpoon...wonder how he'll cheat here. Iris is asking Cilan if he has a Super Rod...and he goes on and on and on...and on and on and on...Iris is crying...maybe if she learned to love everything about Cilan she'd cry tears of joys every time he speaks his words are all awesome after all. Stephan wants Sawk's Black Belt...Sawk doesn't want to be exposed and now Stephan is chasing Sawk...so wait does that mean Sawk has Black Belt the item? Erina has got-Reiji has got a spoon, that wont work kid-wait what are you-err what's Elgyem doing...does he even know he's not really a psychic... Ash still looking to evolve Pikachu, of look a nice young man who says Ash can borrow his Thunderstone...so he tosses it to Pikachu for some reason...wont be "borrowed" once it hits Pikachu you know...whatever Pikachu finally is going to evolve :D...or Ash is going to block it :D...D:...>:|, and he doesn't even explain why he did it, anyone who doesn't know will think he's stupid or something...although people already think that about him D: Time's running out again, Ash makes it, Iris makes it, Cilan...ok who carries that around with them...Stephan makes it...but is it Sawk's or someone else's and more importantly...DOES SAWK EVEN HAVE BLACK BELT THE ITEM OR WHAT?! Erina has-seriously why do they all look alike...Reiji has his fake TwistedSpoon. Someone has a Gold Spray...which is Max Repel, wasn't kind of confused for a second. Someone has a Fire Jewel, that makes two Gems, wonder if they will all appear at some point in later episodes. Someone has NeverMeltIce...but it's melting...yah that's not how it works kid. Still want to know if that's really a Black Belt Sawk has or Stephan was just being stupid again.

Next thing-BWAHAHAHAHA Watchog and it's trainer fell in from the start. Oh look Cilan is being awesome again. Ash tries to be awesome too, too bad Cilan did it first, same goes for you Iris...although they were both still kind of awesome. Nick...Reiji is using "his" psychic powers...seriously does he not know Elgyem is doing it all? He beats Cilan! NONSENSE!!! Ash and Iris make it too. Stephan is lagging behind...he jumps in the water and Sawk looks kind of confused but follows anyways, Stephan has Sawk use Low Sweep to have them make it in time...Stephan sure is weird.

It's Cosplay Time-Did Mile imitate anyone when he announced the competition? I can't really tell, he seems like he was trying to, and I would assume Oak was who he was trying to imitate...or I could be way off. Ash and Pikachu as Alder and Bouffalant, seems suitable. Iris and Axew as Aurea Juniper and Darumaka...well ok, seems alright...Darumaka is an odd Pokemon here though. Cilan and Pansage as...Elesa and Emolga...seriously...Pansage and Emolga...these writers are crazy. Stephan and Sawk as Joy and Audino...ok so he's not getting through. Luernire...Reiji and Elgyem as Jenny and Herdier...well this should be interesting. Now they are looking through the stuff...WHAT IS AXEW DOING!!! Iris wonders why Darumaka as well...I don't know...I do not know. Time to see how well everyone has done:
Ash and Pikachu-That laugh is creepy...They make it through...he sure makes a skinny Alder.
Iris and Axew-Oh my...They make it through...Axew sure makes a creepy looking Darumaka.
Stephan and Sawk-........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................THEY GOT THROUGH?!..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Reiji-OH LOOK I GOT HIS NAME RIGHT and Elgyem-Ok well he's doing a poor job so far...so he cheats again...Iris does not seems to like it one bit...I don't like it either I wanted to see him as Jenny and Elgyem as Herdier...darn cheaters.
Cilan and Pansage-This music...oh my Cilan you...you're so amazing-WAIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN "WRONG"?! I agree with Iris again, Mile be hating >:|. Cilan tries again, oh he's just so perfect, Pansage seems to be imitating Iris' Emolga more then Elesa's...wrong again...Mile...I hate you. Cilan tries again, CILAN WE ALL LOVE YOU-WHAT DO YOU MEAN TIME UP!!!!!!! The audience does not like this at all, well that's what I assume they're sweating about. So Mile is a hater, a bias one too...Elesa should have been here to approve of Cilan, hmpf.

Next...ah who cares, Mile sucks-Oh here's the battling of the episode...almost forgot there wasn't any so far. Reiji makes it, then Ash and Stephan both make it at the same time...Mile sucks so he gets Stephan's name wrong, poor Stephan. Iris...poor poor Iris.

And now the last thing...good because Mile sucks >:|-Some nice funny stuff here and there. Love how Sawk is pushing Stephan as they come out of the tower haha. Reiji is out. Ash vs Stephan. Wait...did Stephan's Litwick just blew out Ash's flame...but...didn't Mile say they were just replicas or something? Tom-Yum-Gong and Sawk win...wait...who's Tom-Yum-Gong? Mile really does suck...he got the entire name wrong...poor Stephan. So it was a real Litwick...and Miles sucks so he didn't know it was real.

Stephan rings the bell. Ash is happy for Stephan, Cilan hopes Stephan's wish come true...even though he doesn't believe it will, and Iris ask what Stephan wished for, not knowing that you are never to reveal a wish other wise it wont come true...they all say this while pronouncing his name wrong...at less they don't suck like Mile and got the entire name wrong. Stephan wishes to win Donamite...he wants to blow stuff up...ok...oh it's a tournament...well that makes more sense...I guess...kind of wish it was dynamite he wants though D:.

I enjoyed the episode, plenty of laughs. Mile sucks though >:|...but I guess he was funny with his sucking...hmpf.

Nice seeing Stephan again.

Last edited:

PokeMasterJames

Pokémon Master
Only way Brock and dawn are in Unova was the bin of costumes. A vest that mirrored Brock's from the OS is seen, as well as a Dawn hat/wig. Also, Team Rocket stuff was strangely in the bin too.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Iris just asked what a psychic is...wha...but...what.

He used the English term (or rather, the faux-English term "psychiccer", which is what the "Psychic" Trainer class is called in the Japanese games). Iris (and the primary audience) aren't native English speakers, and the word he used to define it ("chounouryokusha") is the standard Japanese word.

It's just one of those things that don't translate well. Wonder what the dub will do.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I have not peed myself laughing for a long long time, but Stephan and Sawk as Joy and Audino just murdered me. Absolutely brilliant.

Reiji is the worst, seriously. No redeeming qualities, he's just a douche. Elgeeyem got a lousy trainer. Levitating your way through all the obstacles is not the solution.

I wonder what purpose this tower serves when not being used for a contest in the anime?

Partner choices for the episode were a little boring. Nothing we hadn't seen before.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Only way Brock and dawn are in Unova was the bin of costumes. A vest that mirrored Brock's from the OS is seen, as well as a Dawn hat/wig. Also, Team Rocket stuff was strangely in the bin too.

Already said that...

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Oh come on Mile, how could you get Tom-Yum-Goong's name completely wrong? Wait Mile is weird in general- Liking girls who are younger than him and all that. Now just what would his granddaughter think? Or what does Fuuro think if she's already aware? Also Mile is the second person who has a fondness for Joi and Junsa, the other two being Takeshi and Adeku (unless I missed someone).

On the impersonation contest; Out of all the impersonations appearance wise (not counting Reiji as he didn't dress-up as Junsa) I thought Dent was rather close to matching Kamitsure. It's his feminine body shape basically. Oh Mile that was just mean. I guess nobody would have gotten pass when imitating Kamitsure, no matter how good they were, by Mile's judging. If somebody else had been judging that round Dent definitely would have passed that round because he was great. The fact that Dent did a good job but didn't pass just because Mile was a huge Kamitsure fan so he couldn't help but be strict made the whole thing hilarious.
I forgot to add that while I found it funny at the same time I felt sorry for Dent (if you didn't even feel slightly so then that's just mean). Especially when he was frantically asking what he was doing wrong - and it was nothing, Mile was just really strict - it's the worrying tone in his voice that did it. Dammit Mile, that would have possibly been the only good Kamitsure impersonation coming from a guy and yet your strictness is too strong. If I was a diehard fan of someone and someone else pulls off a great impersonation of them (looks and all) I would love it so I can't understand Mile's rejection.

Long story short, I found it to be a hilarious scene while feeling sorry for Dent at the same time. I realized If Dent did a terrible job impersonating Kamitsure the whole scenario wouldn't have been as hilarious as the rejection would have been typical.

G50

No longer posting
Mile (don't know why I keep wanting to call him Miles...) is definitely one picky guy. He thought nothing wrong although weird about Stephan being Nurse Joy, letting him through. While being so picky about Dent who literally couldn't do any better than what he did.

CupidKirby

This was just one of those episodes...where I had to comment on almost everything.

- Pfft, I like how Ash acknowledges that he's seen a Sawk already before dexing it. Such an obedient kid, embarassing himself just to waste screen time.
- Dent doesn't believe in wishes because he doesn't need them.
- Kenyan doesn't know the starter types. I bet As-HOLY CRAP even the reset Ashy boy knows! No wonder the kids who got it wrong are crying.
- Crap. Brock would've been perfect for that Jenny/Joy question. I was even half expecting Ash to feel homesick.
- The fishing sommelier rod should become an official game item.
- Ash would've ragequit being pokemon master if the Pikachu he's had over 700 episodes evolved cuz some random kid threw a thunderstone at it.
- Then again, he could just press the B button...
- I bet Dent just carries a wonder launcher in his backpack for fun.
- Honestly I thought the nevermeltice kid was a better attempt at cheating than the TwistedSpoon. Mile is just being a sad judge.
- Nothing much to say about the generic water race with generic four places catch.
- Ash as Alder is probably the most adorable thing.
- Kenyan as Joy is probably the most disturbing thing.
- Okay now Mile is just being a sad pervert. (Dent gets trolled. lol)
- I've convinced myself that Dent just got rejected for being too fabulous.
- I don't see why Kenyan and Ash are so tired. They walk like 16 hours a day, one of whom used to fall and climb out of pit traps on a daily basis.
- I think this is the first time we've seen wild Litwick/Lampents/Chandelures who don't want to cremate our heroes into ashy bits.
- Light Screen not working on Air Slash? Holy crap are the writers actually following the game?!
- Yeah, that kid is annoying. The sad thing is I don't think he knows he's cheating. At least the episode isn't going on a "cheating is bad and you will not make friends" charade. Nope. Everyone was too focused on winning to care about today's COTD :3
- Ash gets trolled. lol.
- The guy who thought rock was a starter wins, cool.

This was just one of those episodes which was fun to commentate on. I liked it despite the overall pointlessness. Of course, pointless episodes can sometimes be the most enjoyable and I have to say this is one of them.

00poke_maniac said:
JUST YOU WATCH. In BW2 Dento's going to give you an ULTRA SPARKLY FIBER GLASS ROD and with it you can catch LV. 90-100 Magikarps

That sounds about right.

ricedonut

pringle user
- Light Screen not working on Air Slash? Holy crap are the writers actually following the game?!

I hope they change the light screen to reflect in the dub, or say that air slash missed or something... It could happen, they corrected the Wing Attack error in the previous episode...

Also I want to see how Jason Griffith handles the crossdressing time

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I hope they change the light screen to reflect in the dub, or say that air slash missed or something... It could happen, they corrected the Wing Attack error in the previous episode...

Also I want to see how Jason Griffith handles the crossdressing time

Well, correcting an error in the dub is still not correcting it in the original. The error remains.

ArielSummer

Miles-"Well thats kinda disturbing" XD Poor Stephan.

BTW Anyone notice Brock's OS green vest in the cosplay clothes scene?

Miles-"Well thats kinda disturbing" XD Poor Stephan.

BTW Anyone notice Brock's OS green vest in the cosplay clothes scene?

Yes and Dawn's items too.

ArielSummer

Woot! Another Don George Club Tournament! Nice. I'm sure liking Rival Destinies over BW season 1.

SmartD

It was a good episode. Cilan and Stephan looked funny when they dressed up as girls. And the so-called psychic was flat-out cheating.

The next episode will start the Clubsplosion tournament arc, I'll look foward to that.

Question challenge: Were those people's first pokemon rock types or what?

Item challenge: Was that guy tring to make Pikachu evolve? newest Richu moment.

River race: All random trainers are out!

Insperation challenge: Seems like Cilain and Pansage was good to me.

Forrest race: i knew iris didn't get to the goal from the part where it looked like she did.

Tower race: I thought all of the candles were litwick, they are so dam alike. when i herd the word real, i was like "those were repulcas?"

Yeah wishing people get stephan's name right is a good idea.