• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Climbing the Walls (828)

Pokegirl0102

I do as well. As a fan of gym leaders appearing more, I'd love for them to periodically return and battle our heroes at the Battle Chateau. I'd love to see their progress as gym leaders, too (new moves/strategies, evolutions, captures, etc.).

Yes this would be awesome, the problem is how would Ash continuously back track to the Battle Chateau

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Just finished watching this episode, and I gotta say the battle was fantastic. Ash's strategies in XY are getting more surprising and are pulled off well.

I also admire what Grant tries to teach his challengers, and the "climbing the walls" concept is well executed. He's a strongly developed character, and he is definitely one of my favorite XY gym leaders.

Rock Tomb Climb and Draco Meteor Climb were well crafted, even when Draco Meteor felt out of the blue for me. Definitely did not expect Tyrunt to use that move.

One thing that amazed me was the gym itself, and I'm glad the animators designed Grant's gym from the games themselves.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
So Ash has his BW persona but his battle skills were not reset. This is how BW should of been done. The last part (last 3 mins was funky since Sarah did something funky with Ash's voice and it sounded like someone else was voicing him for like two sentences XD. I like how Grant pretty much confirmed The Battle Chateau is a thing that will return.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Well, the first half of this episode was very awesome, indeed. Ash really looked like he was making Grant his you-know-what with Froakie. Froakie shows his awesomeness so well and didn't get hit once during the fight with Onix. Oh, and that sweet dodging maneuver? Sweet.

...And then the second half came in, we get told twice what a Tyrunt is, the dino is the OP member with improbable jumping skills, murders Froakie with a single Draco Meteor hit, assassinates Fletching with Dragon Tail (and once again the full effect of the move is skipped once the bird is taken down), and Pikachu is forced on our throats to get the win. Seriously, Thunderbolt? That thing was the final blow? That was pure DEM at its finest. The only good thing about Pikachu was making a makeshift wall climb with Draco Meteor.

Now Ash is heading off to Shalour City. It looked like Grant knows a fair too much about the Gym Leader there... Is it because of the different focus in types, or is it because he knows what's hiding in there?

X Drake

I Am Groot
Well, the first half of this episode was very awesome, indeed. Ash really looked like he was making Grant his you-know-what with Froakie. Froakie shows his awesomeness so well and didn't get hit once during the fight with Onix. Oh, and that sweet dodging maneuver? Sweet.

...And then the second half came in, we get told twice what a Tyrunt is, the dino is the OP member with improbable jumping skills, murders Froakie with a single Draco Meteor hit, assassinates Fletching with Dragon Tail (and once again the full effect of the move is skipped once the bird is taken down), and Pikachu is forced on our throats to get the win. Seriously, Thunderbolt? That thing was the final blow? That was pure DEM at its finest. The only good thing about Pikachu was making a makeshift wall climb with Draco Meteor.

Now Ash is heading off to Shalour City. It looked like Grant knows a fair too much about the Gym Leader there... Is it because of the different focus in types, or is it because he knows what's hiding in there?

Well it already got hit by Bubble,and knocked out an already tired Froakie(who got hit by Flash Cannon right in the face),and then parried Razor Wind and then got hit by Steel Wing(which is super effective)and then knocks out Fletching(which well Ash's bird pokemon in their first stage are quite weak so it's normal)and then got hit by Iron Tail(again a super effective move)and parried another Iron Tail,and then later got hit by it's own Rock Tomb which got lodged in it's mouth hitting it finishing it off with Thunder Bolt so that's not DEM.It would have been DEM if Tyrunt was fresh in that match against Pikachu or if Tyrunt was immune to that attack.

So basically: it got hit 5 times(two of those attacks which are super effective against it while one of them is half as effective) and parried 2 attacks.I don't see how knocking out a pokemon that was already tired,and had defeated two pokemon already with a not very effective move is DEM,that move can still deal damage so it can still knock out the pokemon.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Well it already got hit by Bubble,and knocked out an already tired Froakie(who got hit by Flash Cannon right in the face),and then parried Razor Wind and then got hit by Steel Wing(which is super effective)and then knocks out Fletching(which well Ash's bird pokemon in their first stage are quite weak so it's normal)and then got hit by Iron Tail(again a super effective move)and parried another Iron Tail,and then later got hit by it's own Rock Tomb which got lodged in it's mouth hitting it finishing it off with Thunder Bolt so that's not DEM.It would have been DEM if Tyrunt was fresh in that match against Pikachu or if Tyrunt was immune to that attack.

So basically: it got hit 5 times(two of those attacks which are super effective against it while one of them is half as effective) and parried 2 attacks.I don't see how knocking out a pokemon that was already tired,and had defeated two pokemon already with a not very effective move is DEM,that move can still deal damage so it can still knock out the pokemon.

Oh, I see, but I didn't the see the usual scratch marks that indicated it was hurt. Pikachu should have finished it with Iron Tail because of that hard rock getting in its maw.

X Drake

I Am Groot
Oh, I see, but I didn't the see the usual scratch marks that indicated it was hurt. Pikachu should have finished it with Iron Tail because of that hard rock getting in its maw.
I can imagine Pikachu smashing the top of Tyrunt's head with an Iron Tail causing the rock in Tyrunt's mouth to be smashed as well,which would have been nice.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
One more thing: it seems Ash might just return to the Chateau...or not. I'm leaning to the negative.

But then again, he just casually added it as a goal to become a Pokemon Master...or...whatever one needs to do to get there. UGH, I NEED CLARIFICATIONS HERE.

Oh, and that sweet dodging maneuver? Sweet.
Oh, yeah! That was definitely a great thing to include. The in-your-face battling style Froakie used was also nothing to sneeze at.

It definitely sounded more like he had a clue about what's hiding there.

Overall, I think this was an excellent episode. I was a bit surprised by Clemont's statement near the end, to the effect that he's amazed every time he sees Ash battle. Some of the battles he's been in are definitely lacking. This may have been the best battle yet in XY, and the best gym leader battle in a long time.

Oh, and BTW:

"It ate the move?" was a hilarious line!

I feel like I'm forgetting another line I liked, but oh well.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
A pretty decent episode. The gym battle was good and nicely animated, though I still think that Ash should have only used 2 Pokemon instead of 3. 7.5/10

I was definitely talking about the English dub. And I suppose it is possible that he was referring to the tower, but with the emphasis he put on the gym, I'd tend toward thinking it's the latter. I'd be hard pressed to take his comments as indicating that he knows of a secret that is only in the tower and not also in the gym. It's not like Korrina avoids using this secret in battles at her gym. More than likely, Grant knows of it in that way.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was a pretty good episode. I very much enjoyed the gym battle that Ash had.

Vipsoccermaster

A good Gym Battle episode! The battles were great and I liked how Grant complimented Ash multiple times throughout the episode.

edgehead011

anyone notice that grants hands were a diffrent colour?

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Tyrunt couldn't use Crunch with the rock in it's mouth.
Crunch sounds powerful enough that it could break a rock of that size.