• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Climbing the Walls (828)

Supersonicbro

Loved this battle, the team flare theme (my favorite xy battle theme) surprised me and it was so awesome how it was rendered in the anime.

Like Rohanator said, I also feel like this was the last time we will see this team together like this before some changes so a nice full battle was a good idea.

so why was ash able to send out 3 pokemon instead of 2?
i thought it was a good episode, i loved the part when froakie smiled after beating onix

Supersonicbro

so why was ash able to send out 3 pokemon instead of 2?
i thought it was a good episode, i loved the part when froakie smiled after beating onix

I think grant mentioned how the gym rules let the challenger use their full team. I know it was explained why he could use three but I'm not completely sure of the reason.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The rules for the battle stated that the gym leader would us two Pokemon, while the challenger may use whatever Pokemon he had on hand.

Queequeg

So Ash is basically the equivalent of a Grand Duke now by defeating Grant? Wow.

Fullgrizzly94

Jhoto Trainer
The way Pikachu won was kinda strange. The strat for draco meteor was cool, but the the rock landing in Tyrunt's mouth in the deflection of rock throw was a bit on the lucky side (a mistake on Tyrunt's part). Glad that Froakie was a beast.

Kinda funny how people on the spoilers forum wound up predicting how the matchup would work out.

And that Serena hint...

RickHoenn

Banned
The rules for the battle stated that the gym leader would us two Pokemon, while the challenger may use whatever Pokemon he had on hand.

I'm happy they're following the games more closely and they let you use all of your team against a gym leader like when you're playing the games, that's cool. :D

Great episode, great gym battle, great animation. So far XY doesn't disappoint in the gym battles department 10/10.

Like people above said, Ash desperately NEEDS another mon, hopefully Hawlucha is on the way.

Last edited:
Episode was actually decent today: Pikachu over glorification and Grant being weaker than I thought possible drag it down, but I thought Ash was good today and I liked the strategy he employed with Pikachu's Iron Tail kinda being used like a baseball bat (that was hilarious), plus he was animated much better in this episode than he has been the rest of this entire saga, and we got the return of him flipping his hat after a drought of that for about 17 or so episodes: he was the best today.

7/10 overall, average, but Ash gets a 8/10 from me-- I will say that despite my severe disappointment with this saga, this is definitely one of its best episodes.

Last edited:

Rohanator

So Ash is basically the equivalent of a Grand Duke now by defeating Grant? Wow.

Actually no. At the end Grant said he'll get revenge on Ash later in the Battle Chateau, and Serena pointed out that the two can't battle unless Ash becomes a Grand Duke, which Ash said he will. Dunno if this means we'll actually see him participate in Chateau battles again or not.

diakyu

Hey whats with some people acting like Ash hasn't flipped his hat in this saga? He did it when he caught Fletchling.

Hey whats with some people acting like Ash hasn't flipped his hat in this saga? He did it when he caught Fletchling.

I know that, but I didn't like the way he was animated there and it's been quite a few episodes since then: this episode's animator did a better job of that, IMO-- plus, it felt different doing it in a gym battle than just catching another regional bird Pokemon.

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

I'm happy they're following the games more closely and they let you use all of your team against a gym leader like when you're playing the games, that's cool. :D

Great episode, great gym battle, great animation. So far XY doesn't disappoint in the gym battles department 10/10.

Couldn't agree more dude ^^

Like people above said, Ash desperately NEEDS another mon, hopefully Hawlucha is on the way.

Hm, i like that Ash doesn't have many members yet. It suits the pacing and gives each member good screen time and development in my opinion. Kalos is very limited to Pokemon so it makes sense that Ash doesn't catch them all immediately to me. I get strong DP vibes in that Ash's team is going to be fairly strong and developed, also limited roughly to 5/6 Kalos Pokemon + Pikachu.

RickHoenn

Banned
Couldn't agree more dude ^^

Hm, i like that Ash doesn't have many members yet. It suits the pacing and gives each member good screen time and development in my opinion. Kalos is very limited to Pokemon so it makes sense that Ash doesn't catch them all immediately to me. I get strong DP vibes in that Ash's team is going to be fairly strong and developed, also limited roughly to 5/6 Kalos Pokemon + Pikachu.

But by this time, I mean after 2 gyms, in both AG and DP Ash had 4 mons. :( here in XY they're taking a bit longer but I love how united his team looks and we see them often! :p that didn't happen in the previous saga where some Pokémon appeared once in a blue moon...

I agree with ya, by the end of XY Ash will probably have a formidable team like their AG and DP counterparts, I think he's going to use reserves tho.

Benny™

Best Wishes Do Come True Under The Sun & Moon
I don't have anything much to say about this episode, I thought it was alright by this series standards - nothing was really good, but nothing was really bad either. Froxy (Froakie/Keromatsu) vs Balgoras (Tyrunt/Chigoras) was pretty good and I hope we get more fast paced battles like it. I didn't even care that it was 3 vs 2 since Ash has battled with more Pokemon on his side in the past.

BlueDragonfangirl

Actually no. At the end Grant said he'll get revenge on Ash later in the Battle Chateau, and Serena pointed out that the two can't battle unless Ash becomes a Grand Duke, which Ash said he will. Dunno if this means we'll actually see him participate in Chateau battles again or not.

We'll looks like Battle Chateau's could be like contests for Ash, I look forward to seeing him enter in some more :D

This episode was pretty fun, Ash was awesome here!

LOL Serena's crush is becoming too obvious now, cool it down Serena. You might as well just confess already or Bonnie will do it for you now :p

Janovy

Banned
I’m kinda dissappointed.

It was decent but I expected more. Imo Tyrunt was defeated way too easily and I wish the writers mixed things around went creative and utilized the Dragon Tail effect. There were some pretty cool shots and cute little moments but the battle overall was merely okay.

Nothing impressive honestly.

The OST was nice though esp the debut of Team Flare battle music.

Seviper009

ii kanji
Was it Team Flare's Battle Music? I thought it was Lysandre's Battle Theme that played. If I'm not mistaken, that would be the first time a battle theme from an Evil Team Leader is used in the anime.