• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Climbing the Walls (828)

ScraftyIsTheBest

No need to worry!
This was a pretty good episode, I'm really liking this series so far still.

I liked this Gym Battle, Ash's Pokemon all did pretty well and he had some pretty good strategy going there. I also like how we get to see Ash's climbing skills again, though he did get kind of exhausted from the climb. That Tyrunt was pretty formidable, no wonder Grant made his rule of the challenger being allowed to use their full team. This gym battle was overall very enjoyable to see, although Serena did get kinda worried there.

Nonetheless, this was a fine episode overall, looking forward to more great things from this series.

Supersonicbro

Seeing the episode pictures, it is confirmed that Geosenge Town won't be visited, as it seems Ash and co. will head straight to Shalour City. Too bad...

don't they usually just state the next town the gym is in and then they just go through the towns in between? Like they said cyllage city was their next stop even though Ambrette Town was on their way there before getting there.

Outburstz

Ok is anyone else sick of pokemon who can't fly being able to be in the air for like 4 minutes and fight in mid air with no problem?

All in all I think it was a meh battle. Frokie is pretty OP to shot that Onix. Well see you guys in 3 months when the next gym battle happens xD

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The second Gym usually comes after the first Gym, yes.

Um what?? I said that that is two terrible gyms in a row, what are you talking about??

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I assumed otherwise since it was bleeped out.

I also dont see how it was so terrible just because Pikachu got the final kill but w/e

I said the gyms were bullsshit lol. That wad the bleeped out word.

The bad parts are that a pokemon was thrown under the bus two times just so a pokemon who didn't need the wins in the first place can star two times in a row for no reason.

Navin

MALDREAD
Oh lord, where to even begin with this gym....

Well first of all, that is two ******** gyms in a row so great job writers.

Second of all, if not for Froakie getting a bad *** win, I wouldn't even glance towards this episode.

Finally, wtf writers?? What in the hell was the purpose of making Fletchling look like a fail??

And don't you guys even start with the he got a couple of good hits in crap, he got two hits and neither of them did anything, oh and then he went down to a single hit.

Can't wait for the next gym where Fletchinder gets 1 win, Froakie gets pwned, and Pikachu sweeps again *rolls eyes*...

I'm hoping this is the last gym where Pikachu takes out the star Pokemon. But the show built up Onix to be a formidable threat as well, so yay to Froakie getting that solo win. Honestly, this should have just been a 2 v 2 - my only main issue.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm hoping this is the last gym where Pikachu takes out the star Pokemon. But the show built up Onix to be a formidable threat as well, so yay to Froakie getting that solo win. Honestly, this should have just been a 2 v 2 - my only main issue.

And I'm happy for Froakie because that battle was great, however one battle doesn't save an otherwise crap gym.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I can still see this happening for the Lumiose Gym, the Laverre Gym, &/or The Snowbelle Gym

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
And I'm happy for Froakie because that battle was great, however one battle doesn't save an otherwise crap gym.
I'm sure Korrina will manage to catch lightning in bottle, so as long as she doesn't use her Mega Lucario everything should be realistic and fairly distributed. Hopefully her star, Hawlucha I hope, doesn't go down as easily as Tyrunt. But with it being a Flying-type Pikachu really is the best option so I would stay somewhat cautious if you're against Pikachu starring in another gym, Fletchling would definitely need another new Flying-type move aside from Peck to pull off a reasonable victory in that gym. Personally, I hope Froakie stars in the next gym as unlikely as it is. As long as Ash doesn't take it upon himself to utilize his full team(Probably four Pokemon by then.) against Korrina things should be good.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm hoping this is the last gym where Pikachu takes out the star Pokemon.

I really doubt this is the final time. I mean Pikachu's the mascot and him being the star here was already predictable hence why his victory against Grant's Tyrunt didn't shock me.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I really doubt this is the final time. I mean Pikachu's the mascot and him being the star here was already predictable hence why his victory against Grant's Tyrunt didn't shock me.
The victory shocked me haha. :p In how anticlimatic it was and somewhat forced, yeah, I doubt this is Pikachu's last starring gym. Korrina does have a Hawlucha which are known to be fast and I could see a strategy with Electro Ball + Static coming into play.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm sure Korrina will manage to catch lightning in bottle, so as long as she doesn't use her Mega Lucario everything should be realistic and fairly distributed. Hopefully her star, Hawlucha I hope, doesn't go down as easily as Tyrunt. But with it being a Flying-type Pikachu really is the best option so I would stay somewhat cautious if you're against Pikachu starring in another gym, Fletchling would definitely need another new Flying-type move aside from Peck to pull off a reasonable victory in that gym. Personally, I hope Froakie stars in the next gym as unlikely as it is. As long as Ash doesn't take it upon himself to utilize his full team(Probably four Pokemon by then.) against Korrina things should be good.

Which is why I'm hoping they get rid of either Machoke or Meinfoo and make it a 3 on 3 with Lucario being the finale pokemon. Since Fletchinder will most likely happen by the gym, Fletchinder vs Lucario as a final battle would be epic.

Soniman

Break the Limit
The victory shocked me haha. :p In how anticlimatic it was and somewhat forced, yeah, I doubt this is Pikachu's last starring gym. Korrina does have a Hawlucha which are known to be fast and I could see a strategy with Electro Ball + Static coming into play.

Ash's flying types never get the final bout unless its' up against another flying type.

PokeMaster366

Which is why I'm hoping they get rid of either Machoke or Meinfoo and make it a 3 on 3 with Lucario being the finale pokemon. Since Fletchinder will most likely happen by the gym, Fletchinder vs Lucario as a final battle would be epic.

Somehow, I doubt that will happen. At most, I'm expecting Fletchling/Fletchinder to do about as well as Staravia did in the Fighting Gym. He'll likely beat the first Pokemon, but then (if Fletchinder), he'll lose or get switched out because he activated Machoke's Guts ability. Really, I'm expecting Froakie to have the starring role with Gym 3. Maybe he'll have better luck with Lucario than Buizel.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Ash's flying types never get the final bout unless its' up against another flying type.

I could see that changing easily, overall if the birds had personalities I'm sure they would get more shining moments in the final match-up. But I was suggesting Pikachu fight Hawlucha, not Ash's, speculated, Hawlucha fight Hawlucha.

charizardfan

Doryuzu said:
And at the end of the day, what you seem to not understand what is being said is Ash willingly chose to go with a third member with no regret or slight annoyance to fight a gym leader a prominent figure in the show and test giver for future league participates when he could easily suggested against it or shown some reservations about the whole deal.
If that’s what you’re truly trying to say to me, then the real problem is that you made a response to one of my posts (remember who started this?), #68, with an argument that had nothing to do with anything I what I was writing about - which was based on whether or not Fletchling contributed a significant deal to the defeat of Tyrunt and whether or not Ash won on the merits of his own skills and that of his Pokemon - as opposed to Roxie’s Gym battle, which is why I brought her up and compared her and Grant’s battles with Ash - not on whether or not Ash should have expressed any reservations about following the rules of the Gym. That is evident in my post, so I really don’t think that was your argument to me. Someone else, sure, but not me.

But for what it’s worth, I’ve already stated here and in the Preview thread that a 3-2 battle is a battle unfairly stacked in Ash’s favor that should never have been given to him in the first place (and obviously, it would have reflected better on Ash if he never had to use it), so the claim that I don’t understand that Ash willingly used a third Pokemon is a false one that again suggests you haven’t really read anything I wrote on the subject. Or you did, and are choosing to ignore it. Either way, your claims towards my arguments are still wrong.

Because looking at this battle as an entity in its own right not going with the "lesser of two evils" argument you're claiming, yeah, there's a clear double-standard when it comes to Ash's character's overall treatment in most situations in-comparison to others.
If your logic for this argument rests on - “trust me if another character battled a gym leader and won with a numbers advantage then they would get so much hate” - then that’s still not much of an argument. That doesn’t prove a double standard exists in this case.

But I don't expect this argument to bear fruit anyway all things considered. And the environment.
That’s not the environment. That’s what happens when you ignore the things people write, claim double standards where there’s no way to prove them, and make generalizations about fans based on nothing but speculation (“Next thing you know Ash is gonna be given pity badges and fans will defend it as being okay because he helped out against Team Flare or something.”). That’s why the argument won’t accomplish anything, because it’s impossible to argue with people who do that.

Anyway, that's the last I'll say on that subject. As for the episode itself:

I liked that they brought up the Battle Chateau again and suggested another Ash-Grant battle there - it's a possibility that Grant will have a Tyrantrum by then. I guess that means Ash will be improving his rank and making return visits to the facility (or that there are other Battle Chateau facilities out there) and that makes for a potentially interesting side-quest in a series that really needs them. Otherwise, there’s not too much else to say on this episode other than I also hope this is Pikachu's last big starring role until the League. Fletchling almost has to get that big role in at least one of the next two Gyms coming up.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Well, technically, Ash's Noctowl defeated Morty's Gengar, & his Gliscor defeated Byron's Bastiodon

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Somehow, I doubt that will happen. At most, I'm expecting Fletchling/Fletchinder to do about as well as Staravia did in the Fighting Gym. He'll likely beat the first Pokemon, but then (if Fletchinder), he'll lose or get switched out because he activated Machoke's Guts ability. Really, I'm expecting Froakie to have the starring role with Gym 3. Maybe he'll have better luck with Lucario than Buizel.

The difference though is that Fletchinder will be a Fire type as well so he could have an advantage over Lucario.