• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Climbing the Walls (828)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Cyllage Gym Match! Pikachu VS Tyrunt!!

Finally arriving in Cyllage City, Ash decides to rush to the Cyllage City Gym to challenge Grant to a match. Grant accepts and sends out Onix, to which Ash responds by sending Froakie. Having trained hard to work around Onix's Rock Tomb strategy that they saw previously. Will the strategy work, and when it comes down to Pikachu against the fossil Pokémon, Tyrunt, will Ash manage to win the overall battle?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts with Ash and co. entering Cyllage city.

Ash is excited to take on the gym.

Ash rushes to go to the gym, but Serena tells him to stop and points out to him where the gym is.

Ash and co. are now inside the gym and Ash sees somebody climbing the big rock climbing wall in the center, it is the gym's leader, Grant.

Ash is now climbing the rock wall and eventually makes his way to the very top, where the battlefield and Grant are.

Serena and the others then makes it up to the top as well and start to watch Ash battle.

The referee shouts out the rules as Ash and Grant get ready.

Grant brings out a Pokeball, enlarges it and then releases his Onix out of it.

Ash then brings out his Froakie.

Serena remembers when Ash had a training battle with Froakie and Fletchling in the previous episode, well the Amaura one.

Ash and Grant begin their battle.

Onix uses Rock Polish and now Froakie is charging towards Onix.

Froakie uses Double Team and surrounds Onix.

Onix then uses Rock Tomb and Ash tells Froakie to dodge, which he does.

Froakie then jumps off the rocks in order to get closer to Onix's head.

Froakie fires a close range Water Pulse on Onix's head and Onix counters with Iron Tail, which Froakie dodges.

Froakie then gets close to Onix's head again and uses another close ranger Water Pulse, which knocks Onix out.

Ash wins that match.

Grant then sends out his Tyrunt.

Dare Da? Tyrunt.

Tyrunt lets out a big roar as it begins to fight against Froakie.

Ash uses his Pokedex on the Tyrunt.

Froakie uses Double Team again, to surround Tyrunt.

Tyrunt then also uses Rock Tomb to counter Froakie's attack, but Froakie quickly dodges.

Tyrunt then lets out a big meteor like attack, that knocks Froakie out.

Fletchling then comes out and uses Razor Wind, but Tyrunt is hardly affected.

Tyrunt then makes quick work of Fletchling, so Ash then brings out Pikachu.

Tyrunt uses Draco Meteor and Crunch.

Pikachu uses Iron Tail and Tyrunt uses Dragon Tail.

Ash's Pikachu eventually defeats the Tyrunt and Ash wins his second gym battle and is presented with his next badge.

Ash and Pikachu do a victory pose, before Ash puts his badge in his badge case.

Ash and co. say goodbye to Grant as the sun sets and Ash is excited for something, probably his next gym battle.

To be continued.

Last edited:

realarcastform

Rotom Trainer
Still a shame we lose some continuity by losing one episode to postponement.

Oh well.

Anyway, they arrive in Cyllage, and YET AGAIN Ash rushes to the gym without knowing where the darn thing is. Strange omission: no bicycle roads. When they get to the gym, they see a HUGE rock climbing wall and Ash tries his hand at going up it. He slips only once but gives his all to finally make it up. The others get up by an elevator. Grant explains a little of his history with rock climbing and then the battle gets underway. Grant first sends out his Onix. Then Ash sends out Froakie. Froakie does a Double Team but Grant counters with a Rock Tomb, but the awesome froggie leaps onto the rocks to get closer and unleashes a mighty Water Pulse, barely misses an Iron Tail, then finishes off Onix with another Water Pulse to the face. It was a cool first half. Now it's Tyrunt Time!
Dare da? Tyrunt.
Ash uses his Pokedex on Tyrunt and Froakie stays in.
Tyrunt spins his Rock Tomb (some kind of rock type move) around him and Froakie unleashes Water Pulse within his surrounding Double Team.
Then Tyrunt leaps, unleashing Draco Meteor to knock out Froakie despite being in Double Team. Uh guys, Ash is using Fletchling next. Also using Double Team. Tyrunt just stands there observing Fletchling's moves.
And because of lag I missed the last few minutes, talk about stupid.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Ash wins and Pikachu Star's (i.e., it defeats Tyrunt).

I think Grant mentions that he wants to battle Ash next time in "Battle Chateau".

Last edited:

realarcastform

Rotom Trainer

I think Grant mentions that he wants to battle Ash next time in "Battle Chateau".

Thanks for the info, that was borderline frustrating.

MedievalMovies

Absolute Power
Pikachu using Iron Tail to bounce off Draco Meteor and Froakie jumping on Rock Tomb was cool as hell

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So Pikachu wins the match, AGAIN. I try to be more open-minded about this sort of thing, & I admit the title made it obvious, but I kind of hoped that either Froakie or Fletchling would've been able to deliver the final blow. All I hope is that this doesn't mean Pikachu's going to be Ash's last pokemon in every Kalos gym battle

Oh well, at least now people won't complain about another in-battle evolution for Fletchling

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
So it was a 3 v 2 match? I wonder why they decided to do that this time. I know its true to the game, but I liked when the sides were equal. The only thing I like that came out of it is that all three pokemon got battle experience.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
H-Holy shite, this episode, man. Dat fit climbing Ash, dat Serena spaghetti, dat Clemont and Bonnie noticing her behaviour, dat gym battle. This episode is too good. Kinda sad that Pikachu beats Tyrunt, but at least mah nignog Froakie got to shine with its smug smile.

Also, dat preview.

Cool, I hope this means this is a foreshadowing of Ash fighting in another Battle Chateau episode and hopefully mothufreakin' Ash Ketchum gets a higher noble rank.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
H-Holy shite, this episode, man. Dat fit climbing Ash, dat Serena spaghetti, dat Clemont and Bonnie noticing her behaviour, dat gym battle. This episode is too good. Kinda sad that Pikachu beats Tyrunt, but at least mah nignog Froakie got to shine with its smug smile.

What, really? That's great! Looking forward to see it when subs become available.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
When I saw Ash throw Fletchling as his second Pokémon, I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!".
Oh well, at least Froakie got a win and the episode was relatively nice. Another incredible Kalos Gym Battle worth the wait! :)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

I just Bonnie is practicing being a gennie in a bottle lols

funny thing is she probably could've made the climb unlike Clemont^^;

At least froakie took out Onix and not Pikachu for once, it probably should've been just a two vs two though since Fletchling was obviously the canon fodder in this fight, but i'm overlooking that due to the battle being intense which is what I like.

Rohanator

I guess they wanted to make this one last team effort before changes happen. Ash has had these three Pokemon since XY episode 3 after all. I think Fletchling contributed enough so that he wasn't useless, but still little enough so that it didn't seem like Ash would've definitely lost had he only used two. Soo I'm fine with this. The battle was cool, had nice tactics and vocal moments.

phanpycross

God-king
Oh wow, thank god Fletcling was in This battle, otherwise we might not have had an obvious Fall guy, and I thought onix was going to be the most pointless thing in the match.

diakyu

Water Pulse is literally a Rasengan lol. Good fight all around. I don't care about Pikachu starring, never have never will. At least Fletchling got some hits off.