• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cloning=cheating????

jorisw

What do you think, is cloning cheating or not?

sorry for my bad English

latios reborn

not really but by some it is frowned apon

mangaeyes

Cloning is caused by a glitch and using a glitch to your advantage is cheating so, yes, cloning is cheating in my opinion.

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Without cloning the Pokemon economy stops. End of story. It's not cheating, expecially since it's been in every single handheld Pokemon RPG...

Magmar Master

I thibk cloning is cheating and I don't clone becuase back in g/s/c when I did the gam got boring

But I don't care If other people clone (In fact if they didn't I wouldn't have mew,celebii,lugia etc)

Cutty

Forever now
Nah. Scientists do that in real life. Cloning is a... breakthru innovation.^^

I don't think is cheating.
Oh and I think this should be in the poll's section. I'm not sure but I think so.

Quzo

What do you think, is cloning cheating or not?

sorry for my bad English

Cloning usaly involves glitches and glitches don't usualy involves cheating devices (take R/B/Y for example; they full of glitches), so I don't think cloning is cheating unless it involves a cheating device. I think there is a cloning glitch for D/P I watched a video about it youtube and people said it actually worked.

Sure people can take advantage of glitchs but thats just the way most games are made, with some minor glitchs. It's nintendos fault there are glitches in some games (unless of course the user uses a hack device and makes a glitch) an example is the Darkrais in the erley Jap D/P games (apprently). That concludes my post.

Cloning isn't nessicerally cheating.

Also you shoul've done a poll for this topic.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
Nah. Scientists do that in real life. Cloning is a... breakthru innovation.^^
You win this thread, *sigh* what's with me and people winning threads... XP..
~
On a serious note, I don't consider it cheating, because it's a glitch.. even if it was, it's very helpful nonetheless, otherwise how would I and other people who don't have access to events get the event Pokemon? and how would competitive players give and receive good EVed/IVed Pokemon, and special moves (like Wish on Bliss)..so yeah cloning=/=cheating and =good, 'enough said.

Horoika1

<--Next Pokémon Hunt
Not really cheating, it's the EXACT same Pokemon, not like Wonderguard Spiritomb =\, which is hacked.

Amonitas

You win this thread, *sigh* what's with me and people winning threads... XP..
~
On a serious note, I don't consider it cheating, because it's a glitch.. even if it was, it's very helpful nonetheless, otherwise how would I and other people who don't have access to events get the event Pokemon? and how would competitive players give and receive good EVed/IVed Pokemon, and special moves (like Wish on Bliss)..so yeah cloning=/=cheating and =good, 'enough said.

Well, it would make those pokemon at least worth something.

Mythia

Technically it is cheating (Exploiting a glitch), But no-one really cares because it isn't using a hacking device.

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
well think of it, if I get a shiny Zubat, and trade it on the GTS, then suddenly I find out the pokemon I got was hacked (PBR FTW!) then it's gone forever and some hacker has my Zubat.

But if I cloned said Zubat (say, 50 or so times) I still have a zubat and just get rid of the hacked pokemon.

Or you know, generally giving people pokemon I don't want to lose and they really really want.

No. It is a glitch in the damn game. Anyone could do it, and you risk deleting your poke, so take advantage of it if you want.