• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cloning Extinct animals

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
What im concerned about is them doing this just because they can.

"They" can't. As I've said previously it is beyond our technology to revive an extinct species. Period. End of story.

scizor42

Back from break
"They" can't. As I've said previously it is beyond our technology to revive an extinct species. Period. End of story.

Finally something we agree on. Although this doesnt stop the arguement that hypothetically, if we could, should we?

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
Finally something we agree on. Although this doesnt stop the arguement that hypothetically, if we could, should we?

Read the thread, then come back.

It's been discussed.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Ive been hoping for a thread like this and im so happy to see one XD

Nevertheless IMO That would be awesome but depending on the animal..I was thinking along the lines of the Dodo bird? nice idea right? The Mammoth and stuff are all good choices but i just dont think they would survive, Dinosaurs might not survive probably cause the amount of meat they demand to eat everyday..Animals that have recently been extinct would be awesome to be cloned...i believe there was a deer of some species cloned that was extinct however it died after a short time of being born

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
i believe there was a deer of some species cloned that was extinct however it died after a short time of being born

You must be from another planet then, as previously stated, our technology is not capable of cloning an animal without a live female specimen, and if one exists, the animal is therefore not extinct.

houndourm

a-a-a-awesome
You must be from another planet then, as previously stated, our technology is not capable of cloning an animal without a live female specimen, and if one exists, the animal is therefore not extinct.

Or having a species very similar and the sperm and eggs of the extinct animal. Like a surrogate.

M4zz

Banned

Believe it or not, but we do. It just doesn't work to such a scale.

Global Warming doesn't exist by the way. The sun expands, leading to warmer temperatures. It's also another cycle of Earth. It's the way we spin on our axis. We've moved 19 feet closer to the sun over the past ten years.

scizor42

Back from break
Believe it or not, but we do. It just doesn't work to such a scale.

Global Warming doesn't exist by the way. The sun expands, leading to warmer temperatures. It's also another cycle of Earth. It's the way we spin on our axis. We've moved 19 feet closer to the sun over the past ten years.

You are saying global warming doesnt exist because the earth moved 19 feet closer to the sun? do you know how many MILLIONS of miles away the sun is? 19 feet means squat. The sun does not expand at a rate that is dangerous to humans. The last documentary i checked, the sun would take a few billion years to double in size then die down. anyway every nasa report says that the earth has warmed alot recently. even if the sun expanding and the earth getting closer to the sun, that is still global warming.

you can debate wether human activities cause global warming or not, but you cannot that global warming exists.

M4zz

Banned
Yes, the planet is warming, but it isn't "Global Warming", the true definition being the conspiracy most commonly "born" by Al Gore. 19 feet can mean a lot, being the energy from the sun is stronger. 19 feet in a vacuum means a lot. With the sun's expansion, it's now 100 feet wider, meaning that there's even less distance for the energy to travel. It's common sense, causing me to realize why you didn't understand.

Species that could be resurrected into today would not be affected by the changes in climate, as they would easily adapt.

scizor42

Back from break
Yes, the planet is warming, but it isn't "Global Warming", the true definition being the conspiracy most commonly "born" by Al Gore. 19 feet can mean a lot, being the energy from the sun is stronger. 19 feet in a vacuum means a lot. With the sun's expansion, it's now 100 feet wider, meaning that there's even less distance for the energy to travel. It's common sense, causing me to realize why you didn't understand.

Species that could be resurrected into today would not be affected by the changes in climate, as they would easily adapt.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_far_is_the_Earth_from_the_Sun

119/93000000 can somehow make any significant effect on anything?

M4zz

Banned
It's a bit of math. You take the sun's constant temperature, and do something with the distance between the sun and Earth. My physics teacher mentioned something about it.

scizor42

Back from break
Maybe your teacher is mistaken? I have caught my math teachers making mistakes in the past few years more than they have caught me making mistakes.

scizor42

Back from break
i know more about math than a almost all the math teachers i have ever had, if you want to try me i can give some really difficult math problems. Teachers make mistakes. You are essentialy saying that they dont make mistakes. Any way, even if the teacher did not make a mistake, maybe 3001 did. Maybe he misheard. Anyway "mentioned something about it" is an INCREDIBLY weak arguement. Don't use it.