• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cloning methods - what's the difference?

I've come across people saying cloning with the AR is "not legit." But is there a "legit" way to clone? No. Cloning via GTS is cheating too, so what makes the AR any worse? Is it the bias of the cheating device?

And before any pro-cloners get on my neck, I'M a pro cloner as well. I'm simply wondering what's the negativity.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
I don't really consider it cheating, mainly because it's so unavoidable, but I can see why some other people do.

Think of it this way. Breeding for good IV's isn't cheating, right? But hacking for good IV's is. You do get the same result, but it's a lot quicker, and uses a cheat device.

D

Deleted member 11515

One is exploiting a glitch and the other is using a hacking device.
Think about it.

And besides, they aren't "cloned" per say, they're remade with pokesav, aren't they?

AR is far worse, no matter how you look at it, and that's a fact.

Think about it.

And besides, they aren't "cloned" per say, they're remade with pokesav, aren't they?

But both are cheating. Using a glitch is cheating. People don't generally allow glitch Darkrai's and Sheimi's and yet tons of people have those.

Ziek

*frolic!*
Personally, I don't think cloning using the in-game glitches is cheating. Sure, it's not supposed to happen, but it's still able to be done IN THE GAME(or, in the GTS; I consider that in-game), rather then paying for a device that enables you to do it.

I guess it's all just a matter of opinion, though.

D

Deleted member 11515

But both are cheating. Using a glitch is cheating. People don't generally allow glitch Darkrai's and Sheimi's and yet tons of people have those.

And they're most likely "cloned" with Pokesav.
I mean really, look all the people who claim to have legit movie Darkrai.
Ha, no.
It's most likely hacked with Pokesav. :\

Well, pretty much all of them are. They're distributed very easily across Gamefaqs or whatever and a lot of people don't seem to care. I'm fairly certain mine is clean, but you can never know for a 100% unless you went to the event yourself.

D

Deleted member 11515

Well, pretty much all of them are. They're distributed very easily across Gamefaqs or whatever and a lot of people don't seem to care. I'm fairly certain mine is clean, but you can never know for a 100% unless you went to the event yourself.

But this isn't gamefaqs, now is it.

And yes, 99.9999% of the time, the Darkrai will be hacked. :[

EXPERT DAN200

Think about it.

erm... there pretty much the same thing i find it retarted when people say cloninig with ar is cheating but gts cloning is not =/.

#Gecko#

The Essential One
He, he, he you ignorant person. Nintendo did this glitch on purpose so people could clone and share Pokemon. When its cheating clone, there's a hacking device in the DS.

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
Using a game glitch to your own advantage isn't cheating.

Using an AR... that's adifferent story.

Miss Rarity

A rarity to come by
He, he, he you ignorant person. Nintendo did this glitch on purpose so people could clone and share Pokemon. When its cheating clone, there's a hacking device in the DS.

He he he makes you sound creepy...

Anyway, nintendo never said that... Also they didn't make the game Gamefreak did. Either way Gamefreak has never officially said that the cloning glitches were intentional.

He he he makes you sound creepy...

Anyway, nintendo never said that... Also they didn't make the game Gamefreak did. Either way Gamefreak has never officially said that the cloning glitches were intentional.
The fact that every gen has one is starting to get suspicious to me. The difference between cloning with a glitch and with an AR is that with an AR, you have an advantage over people who didn't buy an AR, but using the glitch, everyone has equal access.

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
Also, the whole thing that clones are legit is true is because hacked pokemon could destroy your game if implemented wrong, colnes however just become part of the programming.

Dr.Paynegwynn

Build more burrows
Technically none of them are cheating, as pokemon has no rules laid down by game freak.

However, I still think that exploitation of glitches and the use of hacking devices are bad things that should not happen.

_Aerodactyl_

Skilled Trainer
I consider AR Cheating glitching mainly because AR is a hacking device ;)