• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[Closed Due to Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice a lot of people taking jabs at Cyndaquil by claiming it ranks as one of Ash's worst contenders, and truth be told it's become rather irritating. People seem to give it far less credit than it deserves, and I have a sneeking suspicion thats all due to it's laid-back nature.

Yeah, I've felt the same way. Cyndaquil actually had some interesting development, what with the training to make its backflame instantaneous, and I thought that was an interesting concept. Cyndaquil won a lot of battles besides that, all of which were enjoyably well-written. Thus, Cyndaquil was, imo, probably one of the best Pokémon we got from Johto. Shame that the Frontier never brought the little guy back and gave it a chance to really show its power against a noteworthy opponent.

?*V Tsun*?
The 8th Champion

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
why is it everytime we have a Pokemon with good development, it's gotta be ruined by nostalgic fanservice at the last minute? Hinoarashi tries his damnedest to get his flame going, participates in about half of all the gym battles (being the star player in at least two of them), and at the end of it all... the poor guy couldn't even get a single win in his own league tournament. Instead, Fushigidane's gotta take down the Rarecoil that he couldn't, and on top of that, Hinoarashi's boxed immediately afterwards with little chance of ever being used again (especially given all the complaints about how his Jouto team was so weak). And don't get me started on how Jukain's opportunity at a revenge match against a legendary was unfairly snatched away... Bayleaf getting boxed without any problems also p*ssed me off, as it seemed downright out-of-character of her (lazy writers can't take anything into account. They're always too damn busy trying to rush into the next region, aren't they?).

Last edited:

Venustoise

Wario used eBay...
Cyndaquil IS powerful, and if Ash used it more, it would probably become a Quilava.

Status
Not open for further replies.