• Hi all
    Just a notice, we recently discovered that someone got into a moderator account and started hard deleting a load of key and legacy threads...around 150 threads have been lost dating back to 2007 and some weeks ago so we can't roll the forums back.
    Luckily no personal data could be accessed by this moderator, and we've altered the permissions so hard deleting isn't possible in the future
    Sorry for any inconvenience with this and sorry for any lost posts.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
This idea comes up frequently and is shot down everytime.

Flame Mistress

No, I don't think I want my DS to overload whenever I put the cartridge into my slot, thanks.

Also, use the Create/Rename Sticky Thread at the top of Poképolls (or was it GPD?).

Thundercat2

Shemale?????

LOl um Ok......

Have you ever wonderd why do some female pokemon have beards, stashes ect.

Female Abaracadbra and Alakazam. Nuff said......
Female Stantler and Sawsbuck. Real female deer dont have big antlers.

Female Slowking and Slaking. Shouldin't it be Slowqueen and Slaqueen?

Oh PS Goldeen and Seaking.........
Males should be called Golding and the female evos should be called Seaeen.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
seaeen is the worst name possible for anything ever

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Why do most Pokemon exist in similar forms despite gender differences? Because their species just don't have pronounced gender differences. Stantler and Sawsbuck look the same because they're Pokemon, not real deer (and some antlered species have antlers in both male and female variants, so if it bothers you, just consider them based on those as well rather than just on deer).

Names that have gendered components are often based on the localization process of the game (Mr. Mime being a common example, as its Japanese name had no gendered connotations). As many of these species are, well, the same species, it makes sense that they have the same name across genders. Nidoking and Nidoqueen have different names because they are actually different Pokemon species, whereas Slaking are Slaking whether they are male or female. Humans aren't split into "human" and "huwoman" subgroups. Male and female alike are called humans. Just think of their names like that (the "king" part not referring to the gendered figure but the royal position). Also, have you actually tried to pronounce Seaeen? Out loud?

Kadabra and Alakazam have mustaches in both forms, but the males' are longer than the females, so there is a difference there. There are also male Gardevoir, Gothitelle, and Loppuny. That their species resemble human standards of masculinity or femininity does not preclude the species from being either gender. Human gender norms of males having shorter hair on average than females don't apply to lions, do they? Just remember that Pokemon do not have to follow human gender norms.

Last edited:

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
1. Those names you made are hard to remember and interpret, but I see the point.

2. Pokemon are not regular animals or humans. They are magical creatures that obviously do not follow the gender differences that things would normally. Emphasis on "magical".

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
LOl um Ok......

Have you ever wonderd why do some female pokemon have beards, stashes ect.

Female Abaracadbra and Alakazam. Nuff said......
Female Stantler and Sawsbuck. Real female deer dont have big antlers.

They're whiskers. Male and female animals all have whiskers.

Female Slowking and Slaking. Shouldin't it be Slowqueen and Slaqueen?

Oh PS Goldeen and Seaking.........
Males should be called Golding and the female evos should be called Seaeen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingfisher

supercrazy52

Dinosaur pokemon

I know that a lot of people will say that there is already a bunch of dinosaur pokemon and that's what the fossils are all about, but I just think that it would be really cool if they made some proper dinosaur pokemon for the next gen. For example a triceratops, just an idea :-D

randomspot555

If you people want to play an MMO, why don't you go play an MMO? Don't be all like "omg I wish Pokemon made a World of Warcraft-like game!". Just go play World of Warcraft.

Personally, and maybe this is just me, I like not having to pay a subscription fee to play video games.

jogurts

If you people want to play an MMO, why don't you go play an MMO? Don't be all like "omg I wish Pokemon made a World of Warcraft-like game!". Just go play World of Warcraft.

Personally, and maybe this is just me, I like not having to pay a subscription fee to play video games.

First off World of Warcraft is crap. Has always been and always will be.

Look at MMO games before warcraft came out, and you will see how different each and every one was and how amazing they could be. What is the big shame about MMO games is everyone is making games today that copy world of warcraft.

I was probably most excited for The old Republic, I got into the beta and immediately cancelled my pre-orders because it was a Warcraft clone. with a star wars background.

Not all MMOs play like warcraft does. The good ones always have and always will do their own thing and not try to follow in someone elses footsteps.

jogurts

I feel in white and black there was a ton of mentioning of origin pokemon. maybe a forshadow for next generation? Time travel pokemon? hmm?

we would probably be dead. i mean we hav guns and everything but heres an example:charizard. hes a big, fire breathing dragon!!he could just incinerate us all. or what about legendary pokemon!if they went on a rampage they would destroy everything!! TAT

Status
Not open for further replies.