• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Side4

Gotta go with Umbreon because he has always been my favorite. I;ve always liked dark types since they came out, and I;ve always liked "walls" Naturally I was turned toward Umbreon, and he's always been my favorite ever since. Not really effected by the show or movies, just the games.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Sometimes I just get the sudden urge to obtain a pokemon. Just the other day, I felt like I wanted some fossil pokemon, so I SR'd in front of the fossil guy in White and got a Claw fossil and Root fossil, then trained them into an Armaldo and Cradily. Now I take them into the dream world and have fun. Impulses really pay off, if you ask me.

-Xen-

Depends on where I see it. Back in Kindergarden, my friend introduced me to a little critter called Poliwhirl. Being the first Pokemon I ever saw, it naturally ended up on my team when I first got Pokemon Red.

I also remember playing through the Battle Tower in Pearl, when someone used a Rotom. I didn't even know this thing existed until then, so I naturally googled where I could catch it. Rotom is now my absolute favorite Pokemon from Gen 4. (His Platinum formes can go to hell though)

Last edited:

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Cool topic! I actually might come back here time after time. ^_^

Emboar- I named him Boom. I have no clue why I got him except that I thought he was kind of cute. I really wanted Oshawott, but the week B/W came out, I suddenly didn't. I felt like Tepig would be better, and so I tentatively chose him. Never regretted it; he's my favorite.

Simipour - I was roaming around, trying to get a Tympole. And I suddenly saw a Panpour and. I felt inclined to choose it. So I caught it, named it Pudge, and he's just been so awesome. I really like this monkey.

Cinccino - I was EV training my... Beheeyem I think. And I was training on Defenses I think, and I found a Shiny Minccino. I caught it and boxed her. However, I revamped my party and felt like i might as well give her a shot. The open slot in my party could be filled by her. And again, perfect fit! I really liked her, so I named her Duchess.

Beheeyem - I was reading a story on the serebii forums and they had a Beheeyem. And it made me consider it. And then I saw Elgyem in the anime and it was so cute! So I caught one, and I loved it. I named it Leonard from Big Bang Theory.

Scrafty - He's bulky, he can learn Fake Out, and Ash's Scraggy and the Scraggy from the Manga Pokemon BW: Good Partners made me really want one.

Musharna - I always found them cute. I always liked their bulk. And I figured I might as well! It was between Musharna and Gothitelle, and I just liked Musharna the most. Telepathy's pretty cool (and then I realized that I'm not using Surf OR Earthquake, so. It wasn't THAT useful, but I liked it). My favorite TR abuser too, plus she works well with Teammates. I'm renaming her Penny from BBT.

Jellicent - I always likedloved the stache. Nuff said. His name is Bob, from Monsters vs. Aliens.

Carracosta - It was suggested I get one for my party and, after using one in my Black play through, I was quite impressed with him. ^__^ His name's Rafiki.

Eelektross - When I found out about his typing and ability, I was just so excited for him! I thought he was ugly though, so I was a little unsure. Then I saw his in-game animation, and was like. AW. He's cute! In some odd way. @__@ He's my second one and he's named Zazu.

Druddigon - I love Dragons. Not my favorite type, but I love Dragons. And after watching the anime, Druddigon just looked so cool! So, I got one. He works better with my team than Haxorus, or any of the other dragons, and I don't like Hydreigon. I named him Roscoe, after the big mean dog from Oliver and Company.

Lickilicky - I LOVE THIS THING. She's so cute! And then she gets Cloud Nine, has such an abundant move pool, man! She's definitely one of my favorites. Her name is Pookalooz, taken from one of the those Disney Dolls.

And then, the last 7 are mainly chosen because of their Speed. They're so slow and work so well in a Trick Room. ^___^ That, and they're all some of my favorites. haha

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Because I needed them all to fill my Pokedex.

Thread over.

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
Type and badassery. For example, Golurk and Bisharp. Appearance? Awesome. Type? Amazing. What they're based off of? WHY ARE THEY NOT THE ONLY POKEMON ON MY TEAM?

Skydra

Darmanitan: I disliked it, then I loved it, then I liked it. Basically the awesomeness factor, and lacking a more creative way to put it, it hits like a truck. I got one in my second playthrough, great team member.

Shinx>Luxray: It jumps out at me from a patch of grass just past Sandgem Town and I instantly love it. Brought it all the way to a Luxray out of just that. Been one of my playthrough gems ever since, having used another one in Pearl (first was Diamond).

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Lilligant's grace and divine beauty made my heart race and I knew I had to have it for myself. Currently the proud owner of an ev trained lilligant at lvl 60.

Most of the time, it's design. In my first playthrough, anyway. I see a Pokemon I like the look of and I catch it. I do research on Serebii beforehand, planning which of my favourites fit into a team.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I had this thing for Steel types when G/S/C came out, and when I saw Steelix I just knew I had to get one!! It may have been down to it's design, and the fact that it looked a bit evil. Since then, I've had one in pretty much all the games.

Smugleaf&Mudkip

Heart Tamer
I usually run my Pokemon through three different filters:

The 'Look' Filter - does it look good?

The 'Functionability' Filter - can it function well as a battler?

The 'Personality' Filter - does it seem like a nice Pokemon with a fun-loving or admirable personality?

I choose my favourites that make it through.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
I usually run my Pokemon through three different filters:

The 'Look' Filter - does it look good?

The 'Functionability' Filter - can it function well as a battler?

The 'Personality' Filter - does it seem like a nice Pokemon with a fun-loving or admirable personality?

I choose my favourites that make it through.

Pretty much like this.
If it looks good for me, then I get it.
If it's good in battle ( average, at least XD), then I go with that. But I mainly get Pokemon which look reptilian, draconic or dinosaur-like.

Last edited:

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
For me the first was Gardevoir! After seeing her beautiful, elegant, sexy body in the Houen episode (Do I hear a Ralts?) I promised myself that if I ever got back into Pokemon she would be in my party!

MidnightChampion

Leader Of The Pack
Vote to befriend a pokemon

I'm hoping everyone knows about Vote to befriend a Pokemon, and I'm hoping everyone has thought about it.
People are thinking that this is mostly about getting new Pokemon.
Well for me, its not.
For me its about getting any Pokemon I want, With a Dream World ability.

If you have not voted yet, I suggest you NOT just vote for any random Pokemon you really want, Consider the Dream World Ability.

Also PLEASE vote for Blaziken like I did. I mean, Speed Boost will make him a MONSTER.

Okay then,

MidnightChamp, Out. ;442;;429;;472;;094;;354;

spuds4ever

Your favourite forgotten pokemon

I was wondering what everyone's favourite forgotten pokemon is as there are so many. And what's so great about that lost poke to you?

;224;
For me, I think it must be octillery. I love how it is great for running mixed stuff well and I really like the design. Resembling an animal but original and is very different from any other pokemon I know.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
;306;
I don't see many people remembering Aggron, so that's probably my favourite forgotten Pokémon. I like it because of it's appearance as a Pokémon, and it is quite a strong Pokémon if used correctly. :)

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
do people remember espeon? it looks cool and irl would be a great companion. Its pokedex in one game says it can predict and change the weather

Qwerty8181

Wanderer of Regions
Gulpin and Swalot anyone?
I like them partly because of their role in brawl and they are actually pretty useful pseudo-muk/grimer.

Status
Not open for further replies.