• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nim-ba-sa.

Easy.

Neo Ban

Why vote for a strong pokemon instead of voting for a pokemon you really want or like? I
would voted for a pokemon I really like, and is my favourite, but since i already have it, i voted for a pokemon that is my second favourite

ZFXZFX

Favourite Region? Johto ^.^ I know it the most.

Favourite Pokemon? Ninetales, Arcanine, Charizard, Lilligant, Joltik & Mandibuzz (Many others, but they are the mains atm)

thekorean

DW Ditto is going to be useful, I dont see how legendaries will be since they are all in uber ties, well most of them anyway.

Technican Breloom says hi.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
DW Ditto is going to be useful, I dont see how legendaries will be since they are all in uber ties, well most of them anyway.

Technican Breloom says hi.

Because . . . not everyone plays competitively and thus are not basing their vote on the metagamers' tier system? Or maybe because "ubers" are playable in the uber tier, which people do in fact play?

Garch0mp0utrage

SemiPokemonUnMaster
Because . . . not everyone plays competitively and thus are not basing their vote on the metagamers' tier system? Or maybe because "ubers" are playable in the uber tier, which people do in fact play?

Well, competitive or not, I think it would be fun either way to just play with Pokemon with good abilities. Besides, I'm sure all you non-competitive players would like an interesting new Pokemon to play with anyways. Vote for something that will at least be worthwhile to get, because it would be a complete waste if not. Just because you "need a deoxys," or "really want another mew" doesn't change the fact that this is an important vote that could give us an incredibly new and amazing Pokemon with a new ability to use in either way of battling.

btw, vote ditto.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Welcome to Serebii.net Forums!

The Meloetta event likely won't be coming until 2013, with Keldeo being released next year I think.

If you have any more single questions, ask them in the Official Pokemon Questions Thread. Doing so will save clutter in the rest of the forums.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Well, competitive or not, I think it would be fun either way to just play with Pokemon with good abilities. Besides, I'm sure all you non-competitive players would like an interesting new Pokemon to play with anyways. Vote for something that will at least be worthwhile to get, because it would be a complete waste if not. Just because you "need a deoxys," or "really want another mew" doesn't change the fact that this is an important vote that could give us an incredibly new and amazing Pokemon with a new ability to use in either way of battling.

btw, vote ditto.

By your reasoning, the most worthwhile to get it Ditto. I'm not disagreeing, just pointing out why other people might feel differently. I'm not calling you out specifically, either so much as responding to people who have been saying not to "waste" the poll or that only kids have been voting for Arceus and its ilk.

For one, as a non-legendary, Ditto has a fairly good chance of being released in DW expansions. With the Manor and Mountain released in Oct and Nov, it makes sense that more are likely in the future, and that Ditto may appear in the Mountain or a later expansion. Thus some people may be disinclined to vote Ditto out of concern for wasting an event on something that might be released normally by the February distribution. This is why some people are hoping for a legend.

Of the legendaries, I'd prefer one with a hidden ability to one without. Lugia is the current highest placing of them, and its in 11th. As a legend, it isn't likely to be given out with its ability to the same degree as Ditto and the like. Additionally, it has a hidden ability in the form of Multiscale, making coming from the DW beneficial to it. However, at 11th place, there are doubts as to whether it could catch up to the frontrunners, making it a match between Ditto and Event-Only legends. I'd personally say wait until next Tuesday to see if it's been doing any better or staying low-placed before giving up on it, but to each their own.

Lastly, there are Arceus, Mew, and the other event-only legends. While they indeed have already been distributed and are likely to be released in future events, people may want one specifically from the DW because they can get it with their own OT. As own OT event legends are rare, this has value from a collector's standpoint that other releases of that event might not have. Finally, when trading you can only ever be confident that you are not getting a hacked Pokemon, whereas you can be certain it is legit from an official event. Additionally, reasoning could stem from not wanting to get a Pokemon that will be released normally, which has a higher chance of happening with Ditto than with an own OT Mew or Arceus.

I'm not saying "vote for x, y, or z over Ditto," simply explaining why people have legitimate reasons for picking the likes of Mew and Arceus other than "I want another one/I missed it the first time," which are not necessarily invalid points themselves. Usefulness, rarity, personal preference, and predictions of what may or may not be released in the future all play a role in these decisions. Put simply, it isn't only 5-year-olds voting for event legends.

EDIT:
1) Lugia. Legend (unlikely to simply be released in a new expansion) with a DW ability. Ahead of my first choice, Ho-oh, so my hopes for a hidden ability legend are on it now. Only problem is that it is in 11th place and may not be able to catch up by the end of the month.
2) Mew. Event-legend, so not likely to be released through DW normally. Having my own OT is all it gets me, but that's still cool. It's also a personal favorite of mine. Deal with it.
3) Any other event legend. Not a great Arceus fan, so its pretty low on the event legends I want, but I'd be OK with it. Same reasons as Mew.
4) Ditto. Wonderful ability that changes the way Ditto is played. Would make it easier to train, too, as it essentially has infinite PP from switching out when the transformation's moves run dry. Only ranks 4th because I think it will probably be made available normally through DW expansions. If not by Feb, then eventually. Even so, I am looking forward to using it, so I wouldn't mind it if it won. Heck, I'd celebrate if any of the top 4 choices won (which it looks like will happen for options 2-4, anyway), even if they weren't my top choice since I'd still get something good.
5) A DW starter or anything else that isn't already available through the DW.

In my mind, the only thing that could go wrong is Ditto winning the poll and also being released in a normal DW expansion between now and February.

Last edited:

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
My favorite region is Kanto. I think the land design is simple, but not so simple that it's unbearable. The Pokemon are the first, so despite having what would be considered "unoriginal" looks by todays standards, I love their designs. The Pokemon from that generation I feel are the most regonizable and loveable. Though I like the final evos of Johto Pokemon and the Hoenn Pokemon a lot in general, though Kanto just beats them. The plot of the games in the Kanto series are fun, even fun to poke fun at. Giovanni is a popular Pokemon villan that's noticed even today, being shown in every single season and series of the anime frequently.

My favorite Pokemon would be Furret, Ariados, Ursaring, Sawsbuck, Arbok, Vaporeon, Charizard, Drifloon, and Gengar
Furret is cute and strong, I've used one before.
Ariados looks deadly and is a Poison-type, one of my favorite types. Infact, I'm doing a monolocke of the type!
Ursaring is deadly looking for a Normal-type. Something about it...I just love.
Sawsbuck has a certain look to it depending on the season. Winter Sawsbuck looks fancy and Summer Sawsbuck looks quite the opposite, for example.
Arbok is a BAMF, to say the least. Awesome looks, good in battle (even in generation three), and has a stupid cry in the anime (CHAAAARBAKAAA!). Arbok has it all.
Vaporeon is my first shiny Pokemon (TCG Vaporeon was my first shiny...) and Charizard was my first Pokemon.
Drifloon is evil despite it's child friendly and playful looks. Plus it's a cool Ghost-type and generally a good Pokemon, especially after it evolves.
Gengar...it's like Arbok, but less. Minus the stupid cry.

Last edited:

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I think that Arceus will most likely win this one. But if you are a competitive battler, it would probably be more worthwhile to just vote for Ditto rather than other Pokémon. I think it's safe to say that at this stage, it would be quite unexpected if Ditto won, let alone some Pokémon that's ranking in at 3+.

Status
Not open for further replies.