1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Goreky, Jun 19, 2006.

?

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

1. Yes!

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  2. No...

30 vote(s)
    58.8%
  3. What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Actually, you can get it in shiny form. I'm actually going to be S-reseting for a Shiny Zek on this run-through of White.

(don't catch it in N's castle and it reappears at the dragonspiraltower)

2. TheOriginalOne

TheOriginalOne オリジナル

I pronounce it "Nim-bah-sa".

3. Sound

Sound Well-Known Member

Shiny Rapidash is pretty cool, since it has black/grey flames instead of red ones.

4. DuquÊ?

DuquÊ? Too lazy to pick a pic

1st gen: Charizard
    2nd gen: Noctowl
    3rd gen: Seviper
    4th gen: Gliscor
    5th gen: Braviary and reuniclus

5. Generation Three; The worst generation?

I see a lot of things like this, not anymore, but back in 2003-04 there were lots of hate threads on other sites. Title says it all, so discuss! ;360;

6. manaphy72

manaphy72 Well-Known Member

OMG how could you hate the Hoenn, I have always heard the Hoenn was the best. In my opinion it was, and still is. Haha

7. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Actually Gen4 was the worst. But you should play what you like. Don't worry about what other people say.

8. WeatherEffectRain

WeatherEffectRain Arm Wrestle?

I personally dislike Hoenn, as they got stuff wrong, but there was also a bunch of stuff they got pretty darn right.

I'm just glad this isn't a Johto Hate thread. LOL.

EDIT: Yeah, the games are good though. I bought an Emerald game last year, despite me being around 5 years late... LOL.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  9. Flame Mistress

Flame Mistress Well-Known Member

I love the Gen 3 Pokés. Not sure about the games, but if the RS remakes came out, I'd certainly buy one - a region full of Gen 3 Pokémon? I'm in!

10. Moneyy

Moneyy WORK MAKES YOU FREE

Hoenn was my favorite generation.

11. Guywhoiam

Guywhoiam Dr. Researcher Man

Gen 3 was and still is my favorite. Both the Pokemon and the Hoenn region.

12. Moneyy

Moneyy WORK MAKES YOU FREE

I pronounce it Nim-bah-sah. I don't know where you got the "r" from.

Also, it was unnecessary to make a whole thread for this, and I don't see how the poll is related to the question.

13. ^Ditto. Hoenn was my far the best region. I actually used all three starters WILLINGLY in several playthroughs.

14. Will-powered Spriter

Will-powered Spriter Pokédex Complete!

Hmmm, I'd say Hoenns actually the best region for area design and pokemon design, even if the plot is appalling ('I don't understand. How can water be good.') and the pokemon are useless (Mawile, Kecleon, Glalie, Tropius: Amazing design, rubbish at battling).

Every region has it's upsides and downsides (Sinnoh improved battling the most, but had the worst pokemon designs, Unova has the best story, but probably the worst post game, Johto has the best post game but it's quite weak in a lot of places and Kanto didn't do anything brilliantly, but was the base upon which all of Pokemon is built).

I certainly wouldn't call Gen 3 the worst.

15. pokechamp219

pokechamp219 Scottish Octopuses:P

Pokemon On Boomerang?

Well, theyv'e started airing The Power Puff Girls and Dexter's Labatory, so maybe in 2014 they'll start airing older pokemon episodes? Do you think they should?

16. ChaosBlizzard

ChaosBlizzard Crit Happens.

1. BW
    2. RBY
    3. DPPt
    4. RSE
    5. GSC

Hoenn was an awkward phase for Pokemon, but it represented the fundamental, structural change to the game's architecture that allowed the series to flourish with the advent of DPPt. I think it deserves remakes with the current technology and infrastructure so it can be done "right."

17. Resident evil

Resident evil Some Guy

If you can even consider that gen 3 is the worst generation, you've either never played them or have never played Black or White.

-Resident evil ;461;

18. PokeTrainerJay

PokeTrainerJay High in the Sky

No way! Hoenn is my fav region and I still love FR/LG anyway. Hoenn ftw!

19. Atratus

Atratus Antimatter Trainer

I don't think it is the worst, but I can understand why many other do. The 3rd gen took the franchise to a slightly different direction, with different design and style from the first two gens. Different style and colors for pokemon, different cry style, more emphasis on water routes and more dramatic save-the-world plot. It was all very new. Not necessarily bad, but different. Also, after 2nd gen had to regions, I think many felt that 3rd gen was a step down in terms of content.

20. Hilijix

Hilijix Back in Blue

Generation 3 is my favorite generation, it's the one that got me to start playing Pokemon. That doesn't mean my favorite game is in it though, but it's up there. Sure, a lot of things were changed in that generation, some better some worse.

I think people didn't like it mostly because they couldn't transfer their older Pokemon and the lack of Pokemon that they could use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.