• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pomegranate

Fruit of Prosperity
According to Professor Juniper, nobody knows where Klink came from. They suddenly appeared in Chargestone Cave over one hundred years ago.

The mystery surrounding them fascinates me. I am hoping there is an anime episode to tie in with that part of the game, except with Juniper giving a much more in-depth explanation.

See that's the kind of thing that makes inanimate Pokemon so much more interesting than the ones based on animals! I mean it's easy to just say "Pidgey was always there because they're like birds and birds have always been here", but there's no easy way to explain them away so they give rise to a lot of fun theories.

Vanilluxe

Gear Grind~
See that's the kind of thing that makes inanimate Pokemon so much more interesting than the ones based on animals! I mean it's easy to just say "Pidgey was always there because they're like birds and birds have always been here", but there's no easy way to explain them away so they give rise to a lot of fun theories.

Yes, exactly. The mysteriousness of them is another major factor in why I prefer them to animal-based Pokémon.

Could Klink have been created by some scientist and then released into Chargestone Cave? But then what about its' evolutions...would that just happen naturally, or would said scientist have had to create them as well, or find a way to program Klink into evolving into them?

Such mystery behind my favourite evolutionary line. ;_;

Last edited:

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Their stats.

Rex Kamex

Unofrtunately, personified crayons have been done to death in ad media and there is just no way to escape the legacy of a million googly-eyed goofy-talking crayon mascots.

It would not work.

Ordinary household objects are bad ideas for Pokémon. Do you really want a roll of tape Pokémon? Or a book? It has to be something a little more, I don't know, advanced than that.

The artists can't just take an object and add eyes. They have to design a Pokémon where its concept is an object. Magnemite, for example, is based off magnets, but it isn't a magnet with eyes. No Pokémon is merely a living object (Banette excluded, I guess, but that's beside the point).

Something I like about the Litwick line is that it's not just a Fire type- that'd probably be expected, but it's also a Ghost type- adding for the whole haunted house type of thing. While I thought Litwick and friends were decent as a Fire type, the Ghost part truly won me over. That gave those Pokemon more legitimacy.

Usually the design and types.

Victini01

♫Be Fearless♫
I got my Victini because I was looking at the trailer and I heard Victini's cry and I thought it was so sweet so I managed to get connection.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I used to love battling non-competitively a long time ago. Me and some friends would normally battle on PBR. But then everyone stopped and I tried competitive battling and you can't really go back now. Although non-competitive battling was a lot more fun.

Erymry

Only Slightly Normal
Well, I do EV train, mostly because now that I know about them I can't ignore them. XD I don't bother getting perfect IVs, though, and I've never actually battled competitively.

I also train the Pokemon I like, and I don't really care too much about their base stats.

scar1et

reseting my brother's red when I was like 5, and then saving.
he only needed like 5 more pokemon for a full dex.
LOL

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
When i tried to catch Missingno. and my game crashed :(

Not my finest moment.

-Gummi~Llamas-

Odorokubeki!
Usually I think that many pokemon that are based off inanimate objects are usually outrageous in design, which I personally love!

-Gummi~Llamas-

Odorokubeki!
Once when I was like 9, I was playing Emerald, and I was surfing. Soon, a Pellipepper appeared, and I was like, "OMG I must catch!" But I only had one pokeball, which was a masterball. I wanted that bird badly apparently. ;(

Dundirgoth

Ok so the reason behind how psychic is weak to bug ghost and dark is because the psychic type is based off the mind and is susceptible to common fears such as bugs dark and ghosts

Last edited:

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Ground against Fire wouldn't fire like burn the heck out of the ground?

xXShinyUmbreonXx

Ok so the reason behind how psychic is weak to bug ghost and dark is because the psychic type is based off the mind and is susceptible to common fears such as bugs dark and ghosts
Thank you for saying this one.
Ground against Fire wouldn't fire like burn the heck out of the ground?
No, the ground smothers the fire, preventing it from burning.
As for dragons, I think it's because most of the dragons are based off of reptiles, which are cold-blooded.
I've always thought that Ice should be a much more powerful type than it is defensively. Why doesn't it resist grass(prevents a lot of stuff from growing) and water(freezing)? I also think that it should either resist fighting or be SE against it, due to extreme cold temperatures severely hindering their bodies from working, preventing them from attacking well. And then it should be SE against rock too (erosion) and maybe SE against steel, due to extreme cold making steel brittle and easy to break. But then it would be so ridiculously broken.

-Nator-

One thing that's always bugged me since day 1 of Pokemon; why isn't Fire super-effective against Poison? It makes a heck of a lot more sense than Ground and Psychic being effective against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.