• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
People like you need to be punched.
You play a game to have fun. If you try to be like Cell-level perfection, then you're not getting enjoyment out of the game. Playing a game without fun and just trying to "be the best there is" totally defeats the purpose.

It doesn't defeat any purpose at all. IV's and EV's were obviously meant to have a purpose, so why not take advantage of them?

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
^Actually, that's the point of all video games nub

To beat and perfect every aspect of the game. That is the goal of all games. I'm getting plenty of enjoyment out of my game by trying to perfect every pokemon within it. Pokemon is not life. Pokemon is a game meant to be perfected, and I have a achieved that goal (almost).

Not even close, ti physically cannot be that cut and dry. video games are there to provide enjoyment to the player, if that means playign through the story, like most of us, or being a genetics scientist like you are. If that's what ou get out of it, then great. More power to ya. (literally). But some of us aren't interested in being mad scientists and trying to build our own Franensteins and you can't tell me I've wasted 30 bucks because I wasn't interestid in beating the absolute best time, or making sure I killed everything if I enjoyed playing them. We recognize EVs and IVs as being there to make the game more difficult, and if you wish to, another facet of the game like Contests were and the Pokedex race is.

Last edited:

Haxle99

Typhlosion Trainer
I only battle competitively on PO, otherwise I just use whatever pokes I want in the games!((i do get good movesets for them) i cant EV train!)

Haxle99

Typhlosion Trainer
Trying to beat my sister's game and figuring out that her Dewott was 10 levels higher then any other pokemon and it had Water Gun, Aqua Jet, Slash and Revenge....... *facepalm*

-Nator-

A recent one I recall was when I first got White Version. I just got finished doing everything in Castalia City and I wasn't paying attention to the battery on my DS, so it died on me and I had to re-do EVERYTHING in Castalia. Took about an extra hour, could have been worse. :p

Hatsune Miku

shiny latios has appeared! hm wheres my bag?
*accidentally clicks run*

DjOmmar

I can't believe i just found this :).

Ok so i was watching the first Pokemon movie and i happened to notice that around 22:18-22:24 Brock says "I didn't know vikings still existed"(because team rocket was dressed up as vikings to take Ash,Misty and Brock to where Mewtwo was) then Ash answered back with "They mostly live in Minnesota." My mind just blew right there and then....;201-p;;201-p;;201-p;;201-p;

I didn't know there was United States in pokemon world =).

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Ok so i was watching the first Pokemon movie and i happened to notice that around 22:18-22:24 Brock says "I didn't know vikings still existed"(because team rocket was dressed up as vikings to take Ash,Misty and Brock to where Mewtwo was) then Ash answered back with "They mostly live in Minnesota." My mind just blew right there and then....

I didn't know there was United States in pokemon world =).

It doesn't. That line was made purely for the American dubbed version, and didn't happen in the original...

abrar14

Statter Master
Don't double post

Yes original as in the japaneese version.

And just because they threw in the reference.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Well there is a Hollywood California in Pokemon. It was visited in Go West, Young Meowth, and was revealed to be the place Meowth grew up and learned to walk and talk.

DrakoKnight15

Maybe minnesota is in Unova? The mind ponders..... :)

randomspot555

While the line is a dub only line, there is evidence that there is (or at least was, at some point) a United States in the Pokemon World. Lt Surge is a veteran and fought in "the war"*, and is known as "The Lightning American". In the Japanese anime, he speaks with a distinct American accent.

*"the war" in 1996, when Pokemon Red/Green were originally released, was probably referencing Vietnam.

Status
Not open for further replies.