• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cometk

west side
o my goodness y ru guys haters his strategy is very good .

i think u r very much skilled keep make good stratgy !

pokemonjeff

interested trader
o my goodness y ru guys haters his strategy is very good .

i think u r very much skilled keep make good stratgy !

Lol. Is this a joke?

Anyway. Its an ok strategy. But not everyone runs those pokes against you, and not everyone it bad enough at competitive to think that electivire can't run a mix. Plus, I personally would throw in anything that can shut down an electivire (pretty much anything with a ground attack)

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Okay. You can assume what you want. I won't argue against you anymore just because it's not worth it, even though I know myself and whether I'm biased or not.

Pretty sure it's not that easy for an individual to fully judge or observe their own biases, bro. Especially since there's a slant of bias in basically everything any one person does, no matter what. Just sayin'.

Certain Pokemon designs, and indeed, entire gens don't necessarily have to appeal to people. It can be about as easy to justify why you like one gen with "I just do" as it is to say why you dislike another with that exact same reasoning. People like or dislike things, and often times there's no clear reasoning behind it. That is what we call varying tastes.

Not to say that gives you a free pass to start knocking those Pokemon/gens, especially if you never actually bothered to play the games they're featured in. But it's not easy for any side of a debate to rationalize liking something, because often, there isn't really any rationality about it.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it" This motto is such an excuss for not looking how to become better at something. CD's and DVD's were once thought to not to be possible to improve upon. Clearly blue ray was invented. Here's a better motto, " if you can make it better just do it". Seriously the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" motto is such garbage. Over half the business people I talk with are sheep, they don't know what there doing. They just follow.

I'm not suggesting reinventing the wheel. Thats just you guys screaming chicken little. There are some very minor changes gamefreak could do make the game have a stronger grip on people who begin playing it. I'm not suggesting getting rid of luck mechanics, or anything that ground breaking. I just want to note the card game is virtually worthless right now compared to other card games like MTG or yugioh. And the anime is such crap it's boring kids away of there targeted age group. Clearly thats not good. I'm not saying scrap both the card game/ anime clearly its a money maker when done right. But I want to implant the idea not pushed upon by gamefreak that old players have a very strong influence on younger players. Think about that calmy.

This is a site where people who do all these things flock to so I expect skewed reaction.

girazard

IT'S A TRAP!!!
I just want to note the card game is virtually worthless right now compared to other card games like MTG or yugioh.

Maybe it's not that big compared to those two...but Pokemon TCG is still pretty big.

Maybe it's not that big compared to those two...but Pokemon TCG is still pretty big.

No its not the supported tournament system is laughable this is what I meant by skewed responses. Most kids buy the product not knowing how to play. They've just been feeding a monster.

girazard

IT'S A TRAP!!!
There are tons of City Championships, Regionals, Battle Roads and World comps. It's still quite good.

Anon2

"if it ain't broke don't fix it" This motto is such an excuss for not looking how to become better at something. CD's and DVD's were once thought to not to be possible to improve upon. Clearly blue ray was invented. Here's a better motto, " if you can make it better just do it". Seriously the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" motto is such garbage

Do you even know what the phrase "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" even means? Little secret: It means, if something is fine the way it is, DON'T F*CK IT UP BY CHANGING ITS CORE. It doesn't mean "don't make it better even if it's possible". In fact, constantly building upon and refining the Pokemon formula over the last decade-plus has been doing exactly that, so it's really stupid to complain about it being "the same formula you've seen before", as well as with the Mario Galaxy and Zelda games, etc. (though I'm not accusing you of saying this, I'm just saying that in general).

Last edited:
There are tons of City Championships, Regionals, Battle Roads and World comps. It's still quite good.

Honestly I'm having trouble find these event first thing google gave me was something back in 2004... Not that I doubt they exist I just really don't think the games got the proper support to have tournaments regularly. You can find big MTG tournaments weekly very easily. I mean where's the stickied TCG player tournament thread to support their product come on seribii step it up. I honestly hope out of spite agaisnt me people will pick up on your product again, more, or for the first time.

Its not like I want the product to fail, I just don't see its pratical appeal compared to other tcg's.

randomspot555

"if it ain't broke don't fix it" This motto is such an excuss for not looking how to become better at something.

Feel free to stop playing.

However, your claim that Pokemon is on some downward spiral is objectively false. Big game sales across the world, expanding merchandise to be in many big box stores, VCG events every year, and a very active TCG local, regional, national and world tournament. The anime isn't as big internationally as it once was but it's still doing VERY well (name me one other video game based cartoon that has been running for over a decade)

CD's and DVD's were once thought to not to be possible to improve upon. Clearly blue ray was invented.

#facepalm

Formats are completely different. And if you haven't noticed, Blu-Ray is still not mainstream. It's still something that is just NOW kind of catching on (and several other "DVD replacement" formats have failed). DVDs though are by far still the more common, mainstream format while Blu-Ray is kind of for the movie/TV geeks that need the super hi-def of everything,

Here's a better motto, " if you can make it better just do it".

You're basically saying Pokemon needs a complete overhaul and be something it never has been.

I've got a newsflash for you: Pokemon hasn't changed and remained successful. You've aged a decade or more. It's time to move on.

I'm not suggesting reinventing the wheel.

But you are suggesting catering to the insignifigant "YouTube Pokemon battling community". That. Is. Dumb.

I just want to note the card game is virtually worthless right now compared to other card games like MTG or yugioh.

It's still successful as others have noted.

And the anime is such crap it's boring kids away of there targeted age group. Clearly thats not good.

Yeah it's so boring that Cartoon Network keeps renewing it for seasons and even giving it better time slots!

Oh wait, that's succeeding, not boring.

I'm not saying scrap both the card game/ anime clearly its a money maker when done right.

It's a money maker now.

Listen, you have the full right to not like whatever you don't like. But to claim that "lol, do this or these GAMEFREAKS will be failing lolzers" is objectively false.

Pokemon is succeeding doing what it's been doing for 10+ years. Why should they take your advice? Pokemon isn't meant to be your personal fan-fic.

Do you even know what the phrase "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" even means? Little secret: It means, if something is fine the way it is, DON'T F*CK IT UP BY CHANGING ITS CORE. It doesn't mean "don't make it better even if it's possible". In fact, constantly building upon and refining the Pokemon formula over the last decade-plus has been doing exactly that, so it's really stupid to complain about it being "the same formula you've seen before", as well as with the Mario Galaxy and Zelda games, etc. (though I'm not accusing you of saying this, I'm just saying that in general).

I understand this perfectly fine its why super mario sunshine sucked.

Anon2

I understand this perfectly fine its why super mario sunshine sucked.

Wow, I'm impressed. Well that was my 2 cents, so I'll leave you with randomspot555 now. ;)

Last edited:
Feel free to stop playing.

However, your claim that Pokemon is on some downward spiral is objectively false.

I never said this I said they need to be careful. I'm done talking, you think in extreme's your not a negotiable person. The dvd thing is just proving the point that things can be made better. Just cause most people can't afford to comfortable buy into it is a completely seperate issue.

randomspot555

I never said this I said they need to be careful. I'm done talking, you think in extreme's your not a negotiable person. The dvd thing is just proving the point that things can be made better. Just cause most people can't afford to comfortable buy into it is a completely seperate issue.

If it's "made better", like a Blu-Ray, it also eliminates a broad appeal.

So your idea of making Pokemon "better" is by aiming for the "YouTube battling community", which is, maybe, 10,000 people.

And alienating the other 14,990,000 fans?

Smart business move, ace.

If it's "made better", like a Blu-Ray, it also eliminates a broad appeal.

So your idea of making Pokemon "better" is by aiming for the "YouTube battling community", which is, maybe, 10,000 people.

And alienating the other 14,990,000 fans?

Smart business move, ace.

Again your assuming what my ideas are. And are thinking in extremes. The blue ray example is showing that despite belief in that time a greater level in entertainment techonlogy could be reached. You don't seem to be able to distinguish the difference. Its not like youtube community and other fans are on two complete different playing levels. There just a more clearly targtable community that promotes pokemon in there own fashion. Your drawing lines that don't exist.

randomspot555

Again your assuming what my ideas are. And are thinking in extremes. The blue ray example is showing that despite belief in that time a greater level in entertainment techonlogy could be reached. You don't seem to be able to distinguish the difference. Its not like youtube community and other fans are on two complete different playing levels. There just a more clearly targtable community that promotes pokemon in there own fashion. Your drawing lines that don't exist.

My contention isn't your "improvements", of which you've cited none, it's the chicken little attitude that Pokemon is on some type of downward spiral in terms of profit, sales, and amount of fans, which is objectively false.

Palkia98

Dragon type weather move, or other typed weather moves.

I saw this tpic on another thread regarding a slightly seperate topic, so im starting a new one about this.

So rain/electric/flying types have rain. rock/steel/ground types have sandstorm. Grass/fire types have sun. ice types have hail. But what about the others? dragons, ghosts, psychic, dark types and others could all benefit from a weather move that boosts something for them, a meteor shower for dragons? acid rain for poison? ideas for new weather moves/abilities go here :)

Phoopes

There it is.
Well, you did forget one type of weather. In XD: Gale of Darkness, Shadow Pokemon had a special weather for them.

Palkia98

i never played that :$ so i wouldnt know about it, i was talking the main games, but that might be a weather for ghosts and dark types..?

Status
Not open for further replies.