• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Nator-

What would be cool is if they had a fog type weather where Ghost, Dark and Psychic types benefit from it in different ways. I think that could work out.

Ciliano

Well, you did forget one type of weather. In XD: Gale of Darkness, Shadow Pokemon had a special weather for them.

I could see that being the weather for Dark and Ghost types if they were to bring it back.

Palkia98

What would be cool is if they had a fog type weather where Ghost, Dark and Psychic types benefit from it in different ways. I think that could work out.

i think that would be a very interesting weather... along with maybe turning the move moonlight into an actual weather move that dark types can use, and an ability like sand veil/sand rush/sand force since it is nighttime..

i think that would be a very interesting weather... along with maybe turning the move moonlight into an actual weather move that dark types can use, and an ability like sand veil/sand rush/sand force since it is nighttime..

I think you quoted the wrong post. I just said that exact idea.

Anyway, Bug types need a little love, but how to incorporate a weather. . .

Palkia98

Anyway, Bug types need a little love, but how to incorporate a weather. . .[/QUOTE]

i was just thinking that, how would bug types get a move,... they could incorperate them into another type of weather instead of giving them their own? cause even if they did get their wn weather, they still wouldnt be used alot..

furret-san

Don't you think most dragon types are already overpowered enough? ^_^"
For poison types there could be an acid rain that doesn't affect poison but hurts all other types by 16% each turn, and makes the chance for a poison type move to poison go up 15%.

I wish bugs had a weather move too... mabye a swarm of knats/ locusts that blackens the sky? hurts grass and flying types 13% each turn and doubles the power of bug type moves.

Palkia98

the dragons will most likely not get a weather boosted ability or weather, seeing as they are overpowered enugh, but if one or two got one then that would be fine. and the acid rain idea looks good for poison... if only gamefreak would check sites like this .____.

Pasque

I remember several years ago there was a character on Eastenders (UK soap drama) that mentioned their favourite card being Charizard.

And if memory serves well, an episode of Kenan and Kel had one of the titular characters mention wanting to buy a pokemon booster pack.

And finally, Ling-Ling from Drawn Together, an obvious expy/parody of Pikachu.

My contention isn't your "improvements", of which you've cited none, it's the chicken little attitude that Pokemon is on some type of downward spiral in terms of profit, sales, and amount of fans, which is objectively false.

I'm sorry when I said chicken little I was describing your reaction against change. Not the unlikely spiral downward affect of the product. I need to make those statements more clear.

I think there is a very easy set of changes that could be made to support more real play time in of this game hooking people stronger and creating more interest with older players getting back in. Also there is a new system on the way, I hope they really improve online capabilites (theres a lot of money in monthly subcribers even if its dollar). I also notice they promote (maybe used to promote) scholar ship money rewards for those tcg player tournies let me say I think thats brilliant when advertising to childrens parents weather they want them playing more and I hope their still doing it. My Ideas aren't crazy get rid of frezze hacks and crits. Luck is fun part of a game like this.

My ideas are still similar to what they already do. Like to really promote playing through the entire game (Getting all the stars) to win something promoted during an anime premerie (go online enter code here). That clearly makes kids and ADULTS want to buy the next game and beat it quickly (it even helps tell more of the story of what going on in the anime). Making the next pokemon game on the upcoming wii-u have visual and real rewards for online play. Promotion of new tiers in online gaming, maybe smogon (creating different rules to choose actually makes games more fun). Giving out pack codes through games in a promtional fashion. Reducing 31-0 IV system to just a 1-0 iv system so kids don't feel cheated when they've been losing online games then do their reseatch. This allows breeding to still be relevant. I still have more strong ideas none of these ideas are asking to reinvent the wheel, more how promote the different products full circle and make online gameplay more easier for kids to step into. Kids will still buy action replays, for rare candies etc. The only major thing I would do that isn't a promotional attempt, is revamping the rating system to make disconnects less of an incentive to do. These ideas involve just sneeking in codes and having the drive to make online gameplay more interesting.

At first I didn't want to just say do this cause I was hoping implanting the idea there are strong minor changes to be made. With the line older player heavily influence younger player, would just spark interest. But people clearly think I'm just trolling. Its hard to grow and idea without controversy, maybe impossible.

Palkia98

I think a metoer shower type thing would do foor an extra weather move. it could benefit dark/psychic/dragon/ghost types and could have an ability that boosts speed or something. and a move kind of liek dragon dance but not attack/speed boosting, maybe sp defence/speed?

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
In an episode of The Cleveland Show, Cleveland takes his youngest son to the carnival. In one of the booths, there are Gengar plushies.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
dragons-meteor shower
poison-acid rain
ghost-fog
dark,psychic-night
bug-pollen count

furret-san

Unova region

Ok, so we all know that kanto, johto, sinnoh and hoen were all based off of various parts of Japan. (sinnoh in particular looks almost exactly like Hokkaido) But Unova is actually based off parts of America, especially New York, what do you think the other area's could corresponde too in real life? Obviously Castelia city is New york...

here's some of my speculation;

Route 4/ desert resort= Mojave desert ( biggest desert in America)

Nimbasa city= LA/ San diego (yes I know LA is about a million times more ghetto than Nimbasa, but the closeness to the desert and the sports stadiums remind me of it.)

Twist mountains- Rocky mountains

Anville Town- Canada? ( it is removed from the rest of Unova)

Iccirrus city- pensilvania (is a big swamp during summer, but cold and snowy during winter)

Skyarrow bridge- brooklyn bridge

Pinwheel forest- the forests in New Jersey

Route 10- plains e.g. nebraska, south dakota ect..

Drift veil city- San antonio or louisiana

Undella town- Miami

Undella bay- Gulf of mexico

Nacrene city- boston

Peninsula where Nuvema, Striaton,ect.. is on- baja california/ florida (florida because of shape, and baja california for route 17)

please post what think! :D

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I always thought that Unova was based off solely New York, and that in the future they would cover other areas in the U.S. Never thought of it like this. I think the airplane city (why can't I think of the name!?!?) would probably be chicago

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I don't know why, but I found this match up incredibly funny. I mean would Hitler really go for a black pokemon with red eyes when there is an equivalent that is white and has blue-eyes? :p

I know this is really horrible, but I agree... Hitler would choose Reshiram because it fits his description of the "perfect Pokemon". Reshiram seems to be good, though, so if Pokemon were real, I would like to believe that Reshiram would never obey his orders.

celestial phantom

never really thought of it like that but you do make a really great point. I guess they coincide with other parts across the country. If that is the case however, then the people at gamefreak have obviously never seen a map. I mean connecting a desert to new york who would ever believe that? Some form of consistancy would be nice in the fact its not a jumbled up map but I will admit that each city does good on its symbolism.

Status
Not open for further replies.