• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
The new POTW is inspiring me to get a Delibird. I plan to turn it into an all-powerful fighting machine which will OHKO Arceus with Present.

Yanma1

Recommend a DS model for lapsed fan.

Hello guys.

I just found out about the Johto remakes and they've made me nostalgic. So I plan on purchasing SoulSilver and a Nintendo DS. I haven't been paying attention to portable or console systems in a really long time, so I'm a bit overwhelmed by the choices.

I would like something that has a good battery life for when I go on business trips. It would mostly be used for SoulSilver and other pokemon games. What DS model would you guys recommend?

Should I go for a 3DS or an earlier model?

R_N

The 3DS plays DS games, and will be the future home of new mainline games (a set of which will likely be remakes of the 3rd gen games)
So probably go with that one

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Whelp, I'll do my best not to double up here...

Normal: Porygon-Z
Fighting: Mienshao
Flying: Togekiss
Poison: Crobat
Ground: Gastrodon
Rock: Rampardos
Bug: Galvantula
Ghost: MISMAGIUS <3
Steel: Metagross
Fire: Chandelure
Water: Dewgong
Grass: Whimsicott
Electric: Jolteon
Psychic: Wobbuffet
Ice: Weavile
Dragon: Hydreigon
Dark: Spiritomb

...Yeah, I cheated a bit here. Deal.

Also, this is based on designs and lore rather than usefulness in battle, obviously. A lot of these Pokemon, I'd never use in anything outside in-game teams.

Victory

Banned
Omg I just found a Jolly Mold Breaker Axew! Oh, wait. It's female...RESET

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
I would like something that has a good battery life for when I go on business trips. It would mostly be used for SoulSilver and other pokemon games. What DS model would you guys recommend?

If you want long battery life, you might want to consider a DSi XL.

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
After checking some local stores, I'm finding the DSi XL and the 3DS are the same price. I'm still a bit conflicted on which to pick.

3ds is going to be the new thing, and if you liked Hoenn; their remakes will probably be, 9 out of 10; on the 3ds. Plus, less games will start to be on DS, and more on The 3ds. You can also get the new Mariokart. ;)

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
I recommend the 3DS too. Most games coming out now will be on the 3DS plus it has more features than the DS/DSi and you can play DS games on it too.

i recomend a cheap, second hand noraml DS. about 1/4 of the price of a 3DS, so more money for games!

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
3DS doesn't play DS games, sorry.
Yes it does! :O
But anyway I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for a long battery life. I love my 3ds but the one thing that bugs me is the really short time the battery lasts :|
Still, you have to consider that it's the console for wich all the new games are gonna come out, so if you plan to stay into pokemon for long you'll eventually have to get yourself one. And bring along a battery-powered charger.

That being said, for a pokemon game I'd always recommend the old ds or the ds lite, because those still have the dual-slot function. Though it appears that you're not a long-term fan, and if you're not planning to transfer in pokemon from gen 3 games, just go for the dsi, as it's got internet access to download games and is generally more reliable than the older models (my old ds lite has gotten the bad habit of randomly switching itself off and reset the functions if I shake it :| )

Last edited:

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I'll have to go with the BW plot... Though none are nearly as dramatic as the PMD games.

my old one has at least 6 hours, and it was one of the first models out (came with pearl)

Wilderness

I think people are too sure that the Hoenn games will be remade...

I'd say get a 3DS ONLY IF you plan on getting more games. If not, get a DS Lite.

Status
Not open for further replies.