• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor Xtreme

DS Lite, cause then you can do Pal Park

White2011

That is one Nasty Plot! Pun intended.

my original DS does pal park.

Eranu™

With the eye on future games for DS go for the 3DS.
If you only want to play Soul Silver and need a big battery go with DsLite.

Xyzler

As some already have said, go for the 3DS if you're already interested in newer games, aswell as Pokemon. But I guess newer Pokemon games will be made for the DS in the future.

I prefer to use my 3DS to play on, meanwhile using the DSi XL for things which the 3DS is incompatible with. However, the battery complaints here.. I haven't really noticed much on my 3DS, have had it a while. But yeah, 4-5(not sure, time flows by when playing with it) hours is much for me. :)

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
It depends. If you're just looking to play current Pokemon games, just get any old DS. If you wanna get back into portable gaming in general, I recomend a 3DS, as you will be able to get newest portable games & software.

Also, you're in the wrong section.

3DS doesn't play DS games, sorry. If you're looking for most battery life, get a DS Lite. It has the most out of all 5 models. If you want an upgrade from the DS Lite, buy a DSi. It has a lot more features than the DS Lite. The rest aren't too good.

Oh, Pika. :p

Kalosian

So long
Normal: Slaking
Fighting: Infernape
Flying: Sigilyph
Poison: Venusaur
Ground: Garchomp
Rock: Aggron
Bug: Ledian
Ghost: Mismagius
Steel: Magnezone
Fire: Moltres
Water: Starmie
Grass: Shaymin
Electric: Manectric
Psychic: Alakazam
Ice: Mamoswine
Dragon: Latias
Dark: Scrafty

R_N

Battery life won't matter much if you're playing DS games on a 3DS. The battery life will be more in line with usual DS life.

Meanwhile how often will you be needing to play for 5+ hours in a row. Done with the 3DS? Put it on the charge dock. Viola

Profesco

gone gently
Hello guys.

I just found out about the Johto remakes and they've made me nostalgic. So I plan on purchasing SoulSilver and a Nintendo DS. I haven't been paying attention to portable or console systems in a really long time, so I'm a bit overwhelmed by the choices.

I would like something that has a good battery life for when I go on business trips. It would mostly be used for SoulSilver and other pokemon games. What DS model would you guys recommend?

Should I go for a 3DS or an earlier model?

There are various help/questions/advice threads situated here and in other sections, for future reference.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Dark: Zorua
Fighting: Timburr
Water: Oshawott
Bug: Heracross
Electric: Shinx
Rock: Gigalith
Dragon: Gible
Ice: Glaceon
Psychic: Latios
Steel: Lucario
Grass: Snivy/Leafeon
Ground: Krokorok
Ghost: Litwick
Poison: Seviper
Normal: Porygon-Z
Fire: Quilava
Flying: Swellow

Athenas_Wrath

Sabrina's Apprentice
Psychic: Gardevoir

Ghost: Gengar
Dragon: Latias / Dragonair
Steel: Metagross
Dark: Zorua
Ground: Garchomp
Rock: Golem
Water: Milotic
Fire: Rapidash
Fighting: Lucario
Electric: Pikachu
Grass: Bellossom
Ice: Weavile
Flying: Dragonite
Bug: Beedrill
Poison: Gengar (again)
Normal: Ditto

Last edited:

Maetch

*R/B/G/Y/FR/LG - Become the Champion and kick around a bunch of money-grubbing Pokemon criminals.

*G/S/C/HG/SS - See above.

*R/S/E - Become the Champion and stop teams of rival eco-terrorists from destroying the world in their crossfire.

*D/P/Pl - Become the Champion and stop a madman from rewriting time and/or space.

*B/W - Become the Champion and stop a group of false preachers and their well-meaning-but-brainwashed king from bamboozling Trainers into releasing their Pokemon.

*Colo/XD - Stop an evil syndicate who wants to both turn Pokemon into mindless weapons and insert their political pawns into society.

Out of them all, I prefer Colo/XD's plot for making the criminal activities the entire focus and not the side-plot. The whole "8 gyms-Elite Four-Champion" format is just too predictable for my taste.

Janaff

Out of the main games, I would say that B/W had my favorite plot.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Some I pick based on looks, some by stats or move sets. some just happen to fit. Others I have chosen for the simple fact that I've never used one before.
My Scraggy/Scrafty in White was originally just a space filler on my team. now it's one of my favorite pokemon.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Hard to say since there are double types but here goes

Normal: (and my No1 Pokemon) Zangoose
Fire: Arcanine
Water: Feraligatr
Grass: Serperior
Electric: Luxray
Ice: Weavile
Fighting: Scrafty
Poision: Crobat
Ground: Hippowdon