1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Goreky, Jun 19, 2006.

?

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

1. Yes!

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  2. No...

30 vote(s)
    58.8%
  3. What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mesarin

Mesarin Well-Known Member

When i saw cynthia with her Garchomp i knew i MUST have one. And god, was that a good pick. :D

2. ToeyJoey

ToeyJoey Forward...

I voted GSC, because you have to beat the champion, your previous self. Plus the Rockets were on it, cutting off Slowpoke Tails is cold blooded, then forcing Magikarp to evolve and creating the Red Gyarados and then another hostile takeover, this time the Radio Tower to get Giovanni back. Then the guy in Kanto who steals the machine part and ends up in Unova, along witht he fact that it's the only game where you can travel between two regions.

3. ~Kari~

~Kari~ Well-Known Member

B/W was awesome, I loved the fights with N/Ghetsis

4. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

B/W was my favorite, simply because it deviated from the basic formula by not making the Elite 4 your final challenge.

5. Simipour

Simipour <('.'<) (>'.')>

It would be B/W if not for the cop out at the end. So instead it's RSE. I like more than one team anyways. Especially if they are working against eachother.

6. Psychic Silver

Psychic Silver POKOMANZ

From members Ive have in previous games, and ones that appeal to me with their looks, for example I prefer Scyther over Scizor so I don't evolve my Scythers

7. Baton Passer

Baton Passer Bzzzzzzzzzzt!

I like Parasect because...

you know what, I have no idea.

Ive used him in rain but I usually prefer Breloom as a sub seeder.

Idk I guess I went and chose my favorite pokemon based on looks XP

In terms of battling, I usually pick one 'mon with a potentially dangerous move or ability, and the rest of the team just grows around it.

8. Dragonicwari

Dragonicwari Artistically angry

Except I send in my sweeper (probably something with dragon dance and a focus sash, then I set up with them) and run your electivire into the ground with earthquake, then destroy your starmie by outspeeding it. Now you have 2/3 of your team left to battle a boosted poke that could probably sweep your team. Unless of course I am nearly dead and you have priority/a faster poke.

9. Profesco

Profesco gone gently

You are indeed a beginner. Go spend some time in the Competitive Discussion subforum before sharing your ideas.

10. paracelsus

paracelsus Well-Known Member

RSE all the way. It was cool to see the two sided views of Magma and Agua. And this was the first generation where their plot wasn't a sort of "evil for the hell of it" kinda thing

11. paracelsus

paracelsus Well-Known Member

Actually, in GSC, the elite four were kinda a midway point. they werent even as strong as the last gyms. You had to track down and beat red

12. NoxPluvia

NoxPluvia Moon Rabbit

Umbreon: He became my favourite pokemon while I was playing XD: Gale of Darkness. I'm not sure why I chose him, since at the time I preferred Espeon and Flareon, but I'm glad I did. I prefer to be outside at night, so if pokemon were real I would definitely have an Umbreon as my partner.

Lucario: Riolu was so cute when he hatched I had to use him. So far I've used him in Diamond, the Kanto half of Soul Silver, and the post Elite Four in Black. He's one of my favourite in game pokemon.

Raichu: She's probably the pokemon I've used the most. I had one in Emerald, Fire Red, Diamond, and Soul Silver. The one I use now was a surfing Raichu I got with the PokeWalker. I was pretty sad when she had to forget surf so I could transfer her to Black. It's the first time I've ever wanted AR so she could learn it again.

Pachirisu: I was talking with someone about Pokemon, and I said that I thought Pachirisu was cute. They said its stats were so low that it was unusable. So the next time I replayed Diamond, I used one in my team. She's not the best pokemon ever, but definitely not unusable, and now I have a bit of a soft spot for her.

13. Demonsead

Demonsead Hoenn Challenger

That's better. I personally like the idea of the R/S/E and D/P/P plots better, but I felt that B/W's plot was more thought out and present throughout the main game.

14. RogueLapras

RogueLapras Water Gym Leader

Dragon-Dragonair,Kingdra,Dragonite,Flygon,Haxorus,Dratini
    Dark- Umbreon,Zoroark,Tyranitar
    Bug- Scyther,Vespiquen,Butterfree
    Electric- Jolteon,Pikachu,Zapdos,Eelektross,Lanturn,Luxray,Galvantula
    Fighting- Machamp,Lucario,Gallade,Poliwrath/
    Fire- Charizard,Vulpix,Arcanine,Flareon,Rapiash,Moltres,Victini,Volcarona
    Flying- Pidgeot,Unfezant,Braviary
    Ghost- Gengar,Haunter,Mismagius,Banette,Spiritomb
    Grass- Venusaur,Tropius,Leafeon
    Ground- Nidoking,Rhydon,Whiscash,Groudon,Seismitoed
    Ice- Glaceon, Mamoswine, Dewgong, Cloyster,
    Normal-Eevee,Clefairy,Snorlax,Lickitung,Jigglypuff,Kangaskhan,Teddiursa,Minccino
    Poison- Crobat,Tentacruel,Victreebel,Scolipede
    Psychic- Mew,Espeon,Mewtwo,Alakazam,Starmie
    Rock- Golem,Aerodactyl,Onix,Relicanth,Gigalith,Tirtouga
    Steel- Skarmory,Aggron,Steelix,Metagross
    Water- Lapras,Vaporeon,Milotic,Gyarados,Squirtle,Politoed,Piplup

15. Rey Alejandro

Rey Alejandro GOKAI CHANGE!

oh, wait, I can do one better.

Normal: Arceus
    Fire: Arceus
    Water: Arceus
    Grass: Arceus
    Electric: Arceus
    Fighting: Arceus
    Ghost: Arceus
    Psychic: Arceus
    Bug: Arceus
    Poison: Arceus
    Flying: Arceus
    Dragon: Arceus
    Dark: Arceus
    Steel: Arceus
    Ground: Arceus
    Ice: Arceus
    Rock: Arceus
    ???: Arceus

16. RogueLapras

RogueLapras Water Gym Leader

Yes. Absolutely. I would love to live in the world of Pokemon. I would definitely want to be a Water Gym Leader. I would have SO much fun traveling around the country collecting Pokemon (mainly, but not exclusively water Pokemon) :)

17. Simipour

Simipour <('.'<) (>'.')>

Bug: Heracross
    Dark: Weavile
    Dragon: Rayquaza
    Electric: Pikachu
    Fighting: Infernape
    Fire: Charizard
    Flying: Dragonite
    Ghost: Dusclops
    Grass: Grovlye
    Ground: Sandslash
    Ice: Sneasel
    Normal: Chansey
    Poison: Ivysaur
    Psychic: Azelf
    Rock: Kabutops
    Steel: Scizor
    Water: Simipour

18. Pooler

Pooler Member

Grass- Whimsicott
    Fire - Ninetales
    Water - Totodile
    Electric - Jolteon
    Rock - Rhydon
    Normal - Eevee
    Ground - Excadrill
    Steel - Klink
    Bug - Galvantula
    Dragon - Kyurem
    Ice - Froslass
    Dark -Umbreon/Sneasel
    Ghost - Litwick
    Psychic - Abra
    Flying - Crobat
    Poison - Stunky
    Fighting - Mienfoo

19. -Nator-

-Nator- Psyperiority

Bug: Beedrill
    Dark: Absol
    Dragon: Dragonite
    Electric: Zapdos
    Fighting: Heracross
    Fire: Charizard
    Flying: Charizard/Zapdos
    Ghost: Chandelure
    Grass: Venusaur
    Ground: Nidoking
    Ice: Jynx
    Normal: Slaking
    Poison: Crobat/Nidoking
    Psychic: Alakazam
    Rock: Kabutops
    Steel: Metagross
    Water: Starmie

20. NoxPluvia

NoxPluvia Moon Rabbit

I would, but I wouldn't. I'd like for pokemon to be real, but if they were I don't think that I'd be able to battle with them. I'm very protective of my dog, and would hate to see her get hurt, so I'd imagine that I'd feel the same way about pokemon. Though if they want to fight, I wouldn't want to get in their way . . . I'm not really sure, honestly. It's easy to say 'yeah, it'd be awesome', but when I think about it it's not that simple. It's probably better as a game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.