• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
So i was on platinum on the heatran side quest, so a wild Golem and Machamp came out and i was like whoa wtf shiny gravaler looks like a poop ball but i was so excited so i lowered his hp to about 4%, and i use ultra ball...
But the damn game said you can't throw pokeballs on a DOBLE BATTLE!!!
and i was like HOW THE **** WILL I CAPTURE HIM THEN!!!(sorry for caps)
and he used selfdestruct and i was like "i am gonna throw my ds at the washing machine".

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
Yep, most pokemons are based on animals and or legendary/mythological creatures, such as Ho-oh is the phoenix, Rayquaza is quetzalcoatl from the aztecs,etc.
In my opinion a legendary pokemon based on a Werepokemon(Human Pokemon) would be epic.

coolminun

Banned
Mines was this morning. No battle woes, but breeding ones. Would spend hours breeding pokes and they all turn out to be ****!!

the latest one was a shinx. I want a male dw shinx with the name Raigeki, 31 evs speed, 31 evs atk, and jolly nature with egg move quick attack.
Have the parents with said natures everstone, and power items, but the offspring either come out as females, or males with wrong abilities and wrong natures'

what's worse, is the parents don't like each other so it takes a long time for me to get a single egg and even if they do create that male with the nature, ability, and egg move, i still need to confirm the stats.

Started breeding at 7:30 this morning and stopped at 12:00 with nothing to show.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Of course they are. The legendary dogs are just one example. Animals, inanimate objects and food seem to be the inspiration behind most Pokémon designs.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
"Do you think"?

Uh, there's no "think" about it; a majority of Pokemon are based off real animals, and for the ones that aren't, they're based off mythical creatures from various cultures or -- horror of horrors for some people -- inanimate objects.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Yes, of course. I could name at least 300 that are based off of animals.

Spark918

Minccino Tough
Most likely so, but keep in mind pokemon like Vanillite and Klink which are based off of tools, foods, etc. But this statement is at least 97% true.

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

Of course. It's pretty obvious they use real life Animals as a working point to create most Pokemon.

Of course, there are some that are created based on other things.

randomspot555

Yes, no question about it. Nearly every one until Gen III was obviously based off an animal, and even then most of them still are.

Most likely so, but keep in mind pokemon like Vanillite and Klink which are based off of tools, foods, etc. But this statement is at least 97% true.

Not even close. I actually went through all of Gen Is dex once and identified something around 40% are not based on "animals" and about 20-something are based on inanimate objects.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Bug: Combee
Dark: Umbreon
Dragon: Dratini
Electric: Magneton
Fighting: Lucario
Fire: Ninetales
Flying: Skarmory
Ghost: Gengar
Grass: Gloom
Ground: Phanpy
Ice: Froslass
Normal: Miltank
Poison: Roserade
Psychic: Jirachi
Rock: Onix
Steel: Steelix
Water: Empoleon

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Anyone else notice the favorite stickies, which I usually disagree with but in this case should pretty much be noted.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Bug: Scizor
Dark: Umbreon
Dragon: Kingdra
Electric: Magnezone
Fighting: Toxicroak
Fire: Houndoom
Flying: Honchkrow
Ghost: Froslass
Grass: Bellossom
Ground: Steelix
Ice: Weavile
Normal: Lickylicky
Poison: Roserade
Psychic: Espeon
Rock: Aggron
Steel: Bronzong
Water: Milotic

Trainer10913

The Ninja
What in the world of Cubone is that???

Some-one once told me that a Cubone is actually the baby Kangaskhan in the Mother's pouch. Now that I think about it, that seems a reasonable idea to me. Maybe that's why we never see Cubone's face. But really, it's impossible cause they're both different types and different Pokemon entirely!

What do you guys think?????

See this place to see the comparisons.

http://images.wikia.com/pokemon/images/a/ae/Cubone_kangaskhan.png

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
I decided not to include NFE pokemon, because there are too many that I like to choose from.

Bug: ;012;
Dark: ;359;
Dragon: :635:
Electric: :644:
Fighting: :620:
Fire: :609:
Flying: ;006;
Ghost: ;487;
Grass: :497:
Ground: ;105;
Ice: ;131;
Normal: ;474;
Psychic: ;282;
Rock: ;142;
Steel: :638:
Water: ;130;

Knightfall

Blazing Wordsmith
Yes, I would love to live there.
Though my life here is pretty good, but none the less I would go.

Although, it depends what we mean by "The Pokemon World", because there are quite a few different versions of it.
Example: We have the normal game universe from Black, Soulsilver, and Emerald.
And we have the world I am more interested in, the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon World from Red/Blue Rescue Team, and Explorers of Time/Darkness.

Either way, I would travel to both in a heartbeat.

Knightfall signing off...;005;

osab

Dragon- Salamance/Haxorus
Dark- Umbreon/Tyranitar
Bug- Volcarona/Leavanny
Electric- Raichu/Electrivire
Fighting- Lucario/Heracross
Fire- Charizard/Arcanine/Typlosion/Infernape
Flying- Pidgeot/Staraptor/Crobat
Ghost- Gengar
Grass- Sceptile
Ground- Nidoking/Steelix