• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Whenever I get a crit on the legend I'm trying to catch.

This ALWAYS happens to me.

Fortunately, in my Pokemon Black, I was able to get a very reliable False Swiper! :D

Earthia100

I can say I'm a little embarrassed, but I kept loosing to Ghestis on my Black. I kept having to soft reset. I was just like "What's wrong with me!? I can totally sweep Lance with just my Dragonite and Charizard but get destroyed by some guy in a PONCHO?! I need to pull myself together!"

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
I'm sensing the OP feels hurt about something and is trying to blame it on "elitists" to make him/her feel better.

Competitive Pokemon (caring about EVs/IVs, battling, etc.) is kinda fun. It's a new, more serious way to enjoy a childhood game by making it a bit more intellectual as a game of real strategy like Chess. Nobody says you have to do it, but doing it might lead to more enjoyment.

Last edited:

Del Mundo

Ghost Fan
I used my first master ball on a primeape in victory road.....
For some reason I remembered the Silph Guy saying "you can buy that anywhere" when the word can't was jammed in there.

jshperz

Voltorb Flip. Level 7 or 8. First try, Voltorb! What a surprise.

Other than that, while saving, I accidentally turned off the DS. and it was after capturing a legendary too.

scar1et

gym leaders and the full restore.
D':

Last edited:

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
unfortunately yes... Too many players believe in STATUS. All Game Freak has to do is make EV's and IV's RANDOM and it would fix everything.

Aegon

You mean people that say
"Youse don'ts EV trains ur Pokemanz so u is noobz"
or the ones that hard core play the game, IV breed for days just for that complete 31 IV spread, Know every little detail about pokemon and insult everyone who doesn't know that you can breed a magikarp to have bounce
Magikarp can't learn Bounce through breeding; it doesn't learn any egg moves.

js

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I think it's quite obvious that there have been and still are 'elitists' in Pokémon. It's not anything new, they've always been there. We can all have our own opinions on them. Some may like the fact that they know so much and get so competitive with battling, whereas others may think 'Get a life'.

And I agree, for those who don't like these people, just don't go to Smogon. I've never even been there, yet I already know enough to say I'd hate the place.

Kalosian

So long
There has always been elitists in Pokemon. It is a game where some people only play to win against others, and they will obviously seek the best possible ways to win. When others see this, they do also want to take the opportunity to get better and get more "elitist". I would not say elitism is slowly creeping up as it has always existed in some form, and more players get elitist by time. I don't think that will change.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
unfortunately yes... Too many players believe in STATUS. All Game Freak has to do is make EV's and IV's RANDOM and it would fix everything.

Just by the nature of EVs, they can't be made random. And Game Freak has tried to make IVs random. Unfortunately, they didn't have the power to make a true random number generator, so no matter what kind of pseudo random number generator they make, people will be able to crack it.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
I was in the Battle Subway and battling one of the bosses. We were both down to our final Pokemon, him with a Klinklank and me with a Hydreigon. I had it use Flamethrower which took about half of its HP and then it used Giga Impact and KO'd me. I lost.

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait
Just because someone EV trains or competitive battles they aren't made 'elitist'.

An elitist would be when they start imposing their views on others, that everyone should competitive battle.

Not all competitive battlers are like that.

CharizardandMewtwo

A tough cookie :3
Can you trade to yourself?

Is there some way you can, say, trade Pokemon into the Dream World or something from Diamond and Pearl then send them into Black and White, whilst only using one DSi?

Don't suppose there is, but thought I'd ask anyway.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
There's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.