• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
It'll happen. Eventually. Maybe not next year, or the year after that, due to the announcement of Nobunaga's Ambition, but someday. Nintendo loves your money.

RSE carts are starting to die off due to internal battery problems, not to mention it's a pain having to Pal Park them to a DPPtHGSS cart, and then Poke Transfer to a BW cart.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Like many others, I think there is absolutely no reason for Gamefreak to not make R/S/E remakes, and I would love to see them. :D I think it is somewhat likely that they will make them, mainly because a lot of fans have wanted them for a long time, so Gamefreak will get a lot of money from them.

Vycksta

All discussion of potential future games, including speculation, is disallowed until aforementioned games are made official.

Vycksta in using extended words shocker!

zozo

SLIMED!
Can't you use the "Power Items?"

Yes but if I use one on both parents I lose the 50% or whatever chance of getting the right nature

Besides the loss of an everstone, if you have both parents hold a power item, for example, give a ditto a power anklet and a Kadabra a power belt, then the baby abra will inherit EITHER the speed or the defense stat, then proceed to inherit two other stats from random parents EXCEPT for the ones being "forced" by the items, in this case Speed or Defense.

So, you're basically guaranteeing that the resulting abra will have either the speed or the defense you want, but never both. On the other hand, using only one power item will give you a chance of hatching a baby with both stats AND free up a parent to hold an everstone to pass on a nice nature at the same time.

And the only reason I've bothered to mention this is because that's what happened with my shiny Bisharp. I figured two power items meant two guaranteed stats and learned the hard way that it doesn't. Not quite my biggest FUUUUUUUUU! moment, but definitely up there! x)

The best part is, that Bisharp was born with a nature that decreases the only perfect stat she inherited. Boy, am I lucky or what!?! XD But yeah. I'm not going to complain TOO much about a beautiful shiny. ;)

PokemonTrainerKaden

Pokemon Diamond version, first Shiny Pokemon ever seen and/or encountered and it self-destructed (it was a Graveler). Luckily I caught the second Shiny Pokemon I'd ever seen about an hour later and it was a Chingling which I forgot about and started my game over about 6 months later.

Nesquik3D

<-- Want a DWF
Somebody once disconnected because they thought I hacked when my Politoed had Drizzle. ._.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Back in the Gen III days, before I ever knew about "saving before battling a legendary", I was playing my Sapphire version. I ran away from a wild Kyogre and saved right after it. I was like... 8-9 at the time. :/
Then in my FireRed version, I found a shiny Unown A, and I failed to catch it after one of my pokemon (at a similar level) accidentally landed a critical-hit. I also managed to find a shiny Nidoran♂ in the Safari Zone, but it ran away after I failed to catch it the first time. Lastly, I was stupid to realize you can't catch trainer-owned shiny pokemon in the Battle Tower (yes, I actually attempted to try catching that shiny Espeon or that shiny Meowth). .-.

I honestly cannot stop laughing at how dumbfounded I was back then. xD

I think everyone gets a little elitist sometimes. I see it a lot in Pokemon where people just think they're know-it-alls and that kind of stuff. It makes me mad all the time because someone thinks they are the best and smartest out of everyone and then I end up having to prove them wrong. It's really nothing new. I wish more people would practice modesty :(

I had been trying to catch Mesprit on Pearl for THREE MONTHS. I found it, used a Poke Ball because that was all I had...shake...shake...shake...click. I was like YES FINALLY! And then..........DS freezes.

This happens to me a lot in 5th gen games. Both of my DS Lights like to freeze and lag at the most inconvenient times. Maybe it's time for a 3DS...sigh...I was trying to avoid going there

Yes, yes it was.

I didn't mean for that to sound bad. I was just saying I've seen a lot of people who think that just because they go on those sights and read a couple things about competitive battling that they can undermind and lecture people like they made it themselves when they barely know the basics, if that

DJ Pon-3

Elite DJ
Yeah I get you. There are a lot of people like that. (Mainly the newer/younger Smogonites) The best thing to do is to shut them up in battle. I guarantee it'll knock them down a few notches.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
I'm really irritated by the tone in this thread suggesting anyone who goes to Smogon or participates in competitive battling is an elitist who thinks and acts like they are better than everyone else.

There are indeed some competitive players who probably give that impression. Not all of them, though.

Do you need some Preparation H for your butthurt there, by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.