• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

I don't like the Safari Zone. Especially since, a few years ago, I did a Safari Game on Pokemon LeafGreen and encountered both a Shiny Seaking and a Shiny Dratini in a row, and both of them fled... Since that moment, I hate the Safari Zone.

I find this way too hard to believe...

g-rex

dubstep
trading to evolve?

i've been playing these games forever and dont think that its fair that some pokemon you have to trade to evolve. what if someone wants to complete there pokedex but can't because he has no one to trade with. i think thats a little unfair. whats everyones thoughts?

lol, like i need some one to trade with to evolve my feebas, anyone want to?

pokechamp219

Scottish Octopuses:P
Yeah! I think Pokemon that evolve by trading was Nintendo's plan to sell a kabillion Link Cables just so you could get a Golem.

Pkfire0

I'm a ninja
What if someone stole ur poke after it evolved

Aegon

Well, trade evolution was originally put in place to encourage trading between players, something which sparked Tajiri's idea of Pokémon in the first place, I suppose.

Although the above mentioned reasoning of a grand scheme to sell more link cables is way more plausible.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
but wat do u mean beat the game? after u defeat elite after first time?
That's the standard definition, yes.

Please use the Questions thread sticky next time please. Note the site also has the info that would have answered your questions.

Closed.

g-rex

dubstep
i never thought of that either, thats another reason, what if someone did steal it. i dont think they thought this threw

Palkia98

I liked the one in SS/HG, having to wait a logn time for the rare ones, (bagon, vibrava, gible, etc..) is good so you wont have a salamence at the last gym and absolutely destroy all.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
If you're playing in-game, then you can probably get by just fine by using a non-fully-evolved pokemon. Haunter has base special attack of 115 and base speed of 95, which is already amazing. I was too lazy to evolve my Graveler in Fire Red, but it still pulled its weight very well on my team.

In addition, trading was the original premise of the game. The creator got the idea when he saw bugs crawling across a string, much like trading pokemon with a link cable. Trading is such an integral idea that trade evolutions make perfect sense.

Besides, if you have no friends who play pokemon, then that's kind of sad.

Lady Umbreon

What if someone stole ur poke after it evolved
That's why you 1) only trade with people you trust, 2) buy 2 games & systems and trade with yourself, or 3) learn to throw a mean right hook.

g-rex

dubstep
That's why you 1) only trade with people you trust, 2) buy 2 games & systems and trade with yourself, or 3) learn to throw a mean right hook.

lol, i've got the mean right hook.

Lady Umbreon

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
"OH NO TEAM ROCKET HAS SHOWN UP WHATEVER SHALL WE DO PROTAGONIST"

*mean right hook*

"I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT WAS POSSIBLE IN POKEMON"

-Nator-

Are you kidding me? It's so easy to trade nowadays because of the GTS, Dream World etc...
Back then, such technology didn't exist. We had something called a Link Cable.
And friends. Two things you had to have if you wanted any hope of completing the Pokedex. :p

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The GTS eliminates that problem. Even if you can't get someone to trade with you, there's a simple trick to doing it. Just put the Pokemon up for offer, then take it back and it will evolve. Of course, this doesn't work to evolve Shelmet and Karrablast (since they need to trade with each other to evolve). Furthermore, you probably shouldn't try this with a Pokemon you're not willing to risk losing, because there's always the possibility that in the small amount of time it's on the GTS, someone could very well take it from you, so be wary of that. Setting up an unfair trade (like asking for a Lv. 100 Deoxys or something along those lines) will significantly reduce those odds, but you never know, so I wouldn't just to be safe.

And if you still want someone else to trade with, you might want to pay the Trade Forum a visit, there'll be plenty of users who would be happy to help you evolve your Pokemon.

"OH NO TEAM ROCKET HAS SHOWN UP WHATEVER SHALL WE DO PROTAGONIST"

*mean right hook*

"I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT WAS POSSIBLE IN POKEMON"

I'm sure someone somewhere has parodied that aspect of Pokemon before.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Yeah! I think Pokemon that evolve by trading was Nintendo's plan to sell a kabillion Link Cables just so you could get a Golem.

Glad you figured that one out Captain Obvious!

By using trade evolutions and version exclusives, Nintendo makes more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.