• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
Can't any of your Level 100's learn False Swipe?

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Yeah, if you have a lot of strong pokemon, then you can probably find one that can learn false swipe already. No need to level up Krabby. Also, your pokemon doesn't need to necessarily be all the way up to level 100.

Also, I think you might be mistaken. False Swipe is a very weak move, but if a pokemon has so little health that the move would KO it, the pokemon is left with one HP. In other words, it doesn't leave the opponent with one HP any time you use it. Only if the opponent is in KO range.

TheGengarGuy

Alright, i'll see if one of my pokemon can learn false swipe. Now what to do with this crabby hmmm, i know what im having for dinner....

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Should be in the questions thread but...

False Swipe is obviously meant for capturing pokemon, not any competitive use. Bisharp's a good user since it also learns Thunder Wave, and Parasect learns Spore.

EchoEcho

eye laws dug aim.
Alright, i'll see if one of my pokemon can learn false swipe. Now what to do with this crabby hmmm, i know what im having for dinner....

0_0 thats horrible xD

yea, no matter how hard you hit a pokemon with false swipe, you will never KO it. it will always be left with exactly 1 HP, making it ideal to catch pokemon with.

MaleCombee

Can't Evolve :'(
it would be difficult for them to ever establish a language which they could all communicate with.

but they all communicate anyway by saying their name, so can't be that hard ^_^

Rex Kamex

So I guess I should respond to this at least one more time…

Anon2 said:
Look dude, even IF he doesn't care for 398 designs,

After a certain point/The last 398- that’s the key thing. Despite the variety in the designs.

that's just his taste (and he has the right to not like them if he doesn't want to) .

With so many simple-looking designs after a certain Pokemon, I can't help but think it's more than just taste. But yeah, he does have the right….

I mean, he's not even saying anything bad about the new designs,

Not specifically, but in general,

Mortimor said:
Gen 1 and Gen 2 are the best Pokemon. After that they got to looking like the retarded cousin nobody talks about.

Anyway…

Mortimor said:
Why's it suspicious? If you don't like Digimon then do you dislike all zillion Digimon, or do you actually bother to like a select few? It goes the same for me.

If I disliked Digimon, I wouldn’t use a word as strong as “all” and say I dislike the looks of them all unless I’ve seen all of them and have disliked each one of them individually. Personally though, I think with 800+ of them so it’s even harder for me to believe it’s simple a matter of taste that someone dislikes each and every one of them individually.

The suspicious thing for me is that I think there's too much variety in the 400 or so Pokemon (and Pokemon in general) to think that each individual dislike of those 400 or so Pokemon after a certain point is just a matter of taste.

You've said some general statements like these...

I don't like the looks of the newer generations and the fact that so many people are getting on me for that is lulz

... but you've also said stuff like...

Mortimor said:
Gen 1 and Gen 2 are the best Pokemon. After that they got to looking like the retarded cousin nobody talks about. Not a fan of the newer Pokemon at all.

Mortimor said:
No not at all. I just think all of the new Pokemon are ugly.

If you still don't like any of the designs after the 2nd gen, go ahead. In general, I wish more people would consider if, if they played older Pokemon games when they were younger (and I can't guarantee that you have), their standards for new Pokemon have gotten stricter than when they were younger. Because I'd say, disapproving newer Pokemon today because of stricter standards than years back suggests something is up. So is disapproving older Pokemon today, or liking or disliking certain Pokemon today.

I strongly believe, even if I didn't dislike Pineco, I'd still find it much more strange-looking if it debuted in recent years than when I saw it back in 2000/2001. That's bias too.

I guess it should be made clear that there are different forms of bias. And in any case, I don't think it's an outrage or a criminal act- it's a thing of "are you sure it's just a matter of taste"?

The reason I've butted into this instead of just reading posts was 'cause I thought that would've been made more clear by the time I made that earlier post, but it hadn't.

mjjfan10

Pokemon Trader
Didn't Tajiri have Tajirian or something? But that's not the Pokemon talking :| I guess some Pokemon can talk (Mewtwo, Darkrai, etc.) and some can't.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Sinnoh was great in that traveling for gyms was non linear, especially in D/P. Unova was pretty much a straight shot

Rotomknight

THE GREATEST TRAINER
hey unova region.
I pick you because of the amazing dragon types in it.

Serperior to start with, haxorus, hydriegon, salamance(white forest), dragonite(dream world), raandom shiny!

TheGengarGuy

i think it should always be a secret and no one should know what it means. in the games they having little roaring noises and stuff. I think thats probably a language.

Ioneos

old geezer
It's been established many times that all Pokemon can understand each other, although their intelligences may limit their communication. Think of it like different dialects, but much more drastically varied.

From that one episode in the Animé, I suppose they want us to believe that Pokémon do communicate. Maybe they only need to say their names, but the other Pokémon can understand it. After all, we got subtitles on that episode.

I bet if they did that every episode, I'd watch more often.

Then that defeats the purpose of them speaking it at all. Otherwise they could just speak English. Its the same thing, really. Pokéspeak adds mystery and imagination the the Pokemn universe.

I suppose.

Also a good part in the Anime as a whole was the movie...2000 I think. With Pikachu and Zapdos communicating via lightning.

Status
Not open for further replies.