1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Goreky, Jun 19, 2006.

?

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

1. Yes!

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  2. No...

30 vote(s)
    58.8%
  3. What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladykiwi

ladykiwi I love tights. <3

Revisitting N's Castle would be sexy, too. It was such a pain to RNG eggs inside it without being able to visit the right side of Unova.
    Also...>_> Blue's theme (Kanto Champion theme). We all know it's coded in the game, yet it's not played against any trainers. It's so damn good...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  2. magikrap

magikrap Typhlosion Trainer

Being able to rebattle the evil team after you finish the game. Its not like just because the leader gets beaten, the entire group should just disappear. If a gang leader is arrested in real life, the gang doesn't just automatically disband... although this gen took a step towards that, with the Seven Sages quests. But it would be cool to have Team Plasma grunts running around, causing minor trouble here and there after you've beaten the E4. It could be like how you get Pokemon swarms sometimes, you could have grunts present in part of a city or a route, and you can go defeat them. Plus, you'd get to hear their theme music again. :)

3. Bulletproof

Bulletproof Self explanatory.

Just tell me exactly where N went after you beat him, & I'll be fine.

4. MetalFlygon08

MetalFlygon08 Haters Gonna Hate

When an NPC says somthing like "Oh Fast Balls are only available in Johto, I wish I could go get some." And you happen to have the item they want, they will trade you for the item.

Like the Coin Case in RSE.

5. Earthia100

Earthia100 Well-Known Member

Character Customization. You can wear some new stuff and some stuff from past trainers.

I left a perfectly good Max Revive @ N's castle. Now I will never have that satisfied feeling of getting every item in the game. Maybe I could search through the rubble and find that Max Revive.

Being a Gym Leader.

6. Baby_Cakes

Baby_Cakes New Member

Adding new Eeveelutions would be nice! I'd love to see a Steel or Flying Type eon!

7. TheotherLati

TheotherLati Ace Trainer Brendan

More complex sprite animations would be nice for future generation games, although that's a given. Plus, i'd like it if the trainers you just beat acknowledges the kind of pokemon you have on your team and gives his/her opinion on it. Wouldn't necessarily make the game perfect, but it adds some sort of life to it when you're at a slow point in the game. Like when your EV training and battling trainers in between cities/towns.

8. paracelsus

paracelsus Well-Known Member

building on the idea of the trainer versus rocket grunt choice, wouldn't it be awesome if, in the next games story, u got your start in the evil team. You were assigned your starter by your boss, uncovered his evil intentions, and took him down from the inside?

9. Bulletproof

Bulletproof Self explanatory.

Now That I think about it, wouldn't it be nice to have more responsive NPC's? Walking Around With an all powerful deity behind you & only two people in the entire region notice it? After you beat the league the only ones to congratulate you are the champions themselves? Come on.

10. paracelsus

paracelsus Well-Known Member

The nurses and pokemarts also recognize u when u get a gold or black card (gold or silver in HGSS)

11. magikrap

magikrap Typhlosion Trainer

I also really liked having your Pokemon follow you around in HGSS. I wish they'd included that in BW.

12. ladykiwi

This. I was pretty disappointed to see Porygon-Z wouldn't rotate it's head. (I'm serious). Also Ferroseed's animation is made of win.

13. Gelatino95

Gelatino95 Not a tool

I don't want a labyrinth. Mazes don't require a lot of thought and aren't very rewarding. Besides, they can be quite annoying when you have pokemon that you can't readily heal. I'm talking about actual puzzles like in Legend of Zelda or Portal, if you've played either of those games.

14. ladykiwi

^ What about Regi-like puzzles? Those were pretty fun, admittedly.
    Sure, they were not plot-related, but fun nonetheless. Those required actual research beyond pokémon games, creativity, and the eerie music was more than enough to pick up your interested. Braille ftw.

15. Gelatino95

Gelatino95 Not a tool

They give you a braille key in the game. It's the big set of rocks layed out in rows before the underwater cave. So technically, you don't have to do any research.

Anyway, the Regis didn't really have any puzzles. You read a message, decode it, and perform the action it tells you to. That's not really a puzzle if you ask me. And it didn't really involve creativity in any way.

16. Sorcia

Sorcia Member

I'd really like for pokemon to say their names like in the anime than just make roars and grunts. ><;
    That may be too much, considering how many pokemon there are, but it would feel a bit unique.

17. Gelatino95

Gelatino95 Not a tool

The games and anime are completely different universes. Besides, it's much more realistic for pokemon to make unique noises, like animals in real life. Real animals don't speak syllables of their name.

18. Baton Passer

Baton Passer Bzzzzzzzzzzt!

Actually the Cries are cool the way they are, IMO.

Theyve been the same for too long now and if it aint broke...

Anywho, in the case of little changes, I would most likely ask for trainer customization. In fact, all I ask for is a couple different trainer looks you could choose at the beginning, like a different person altogether, or the same character with different clothes or something. It wouldn'r have to change, it could be static, but maybe a choice at the beginning.

Oh, and for the obligatory crazy/outrageous thing that could never happen ever;

Removing Clay, that portly, smug-bum, cowboy wannabe.

19. mjjfan10

mjjfan10 Pokemon Trader

You can fix that glitch by connecting to a copy of FireRed or LeafGreen using a GBA link cable.

20. ladykiwi

For older player like us, it wasn't hard. But, a lot of little kids don't know what in earth Braille was, until they began spamming gamefaqs and other sites back then. Maybe it wasn't TOO creative, but it was extremely original- how many games can you list that actually require you to lrn2braille just to unlock stuff? That's right, there aren't much because braille actually needs you to touch it, not "read" it.

Besides, each cave contained a mini puzzle.
    Run around, take x steps south y steps right and use flash, catch 2 specific pokémon and place them in a specific order... If those things aren't puzzles in a pokémon game, idfk what they were.

Agreed v. N Harmonia Gropius ftw <3

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.