• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjjfan10

Pokemon Trader
More N. Less Ghetsis. Period. The man's creepy. I mean the Ferris Wheel thing with N was borderline stalker (but a very sexy stalker) Meeting Dennis in the Desert Resort and him trying to kill you in the final battle. That just creeped me out. Creepiest character design ever. Period.
They could also ditch Cheren. He just ticks me off.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
For older player like us, it wasn't hard. But, a lot of little kids don't know what in earth Braille was, until they began spamming gamefaqs and other sites back then. Maybe it wasn't TOO creative, but it was extremely original- how many games can you list that actually require you to lrn2braille just to unlock stuff? That's right, there aren't much because braille actually needs you to touch it, not "read" it.

You'd have to live under a rock to not know what braille is. It's on pretty much every public bathroom sign, and plenty of other signs as well. Besides, I think they teach it at school. Besides the fact that you're given a key in the game, it wouldn't be that hard to look up on Wikipedia or the like. I agree that it was original, but that doesn't necessarily make it a good puzzle.

Besides, each cave contained a mini puzzle.
Run around, take x steps south y steps right and use flash, catch 2 specific pokémon and place them in a specific order... If those things aren't puzzles in a pokémon game, idfk what they were.

I still wouldn't call those puzzles. You're specifically told what to do in each cave. It's like someone giving you a jigsaw puzzle, then telling you exactly where to put each piece. Not a challenge at all.

ashgirl92

Blazing Glory...
To me, the only games I would be worried about would be my older GBA games. The DS is very reliable, it shouldn't get corrupted unless you hack or mistreat your games. Now the older games, like the 1st, 2nd, and even the 3rd generation can have corrupt files because of the internal battery dying. As said above, you can still play them, but to my experience with my old Silver, I couldn't save at all. It would say it would save, then I would turn off my GBA and there was no save file, only a new game. Prof Elm would appear and ask if I was a girl or boy all over again... The good news is, I heard (now I'm not 100% sure on this mind you) that if you looked hard enough you can find another battery or fix it somehow. You would have to start over of course, but it could save again.

ladykiwi

I love tights. <3
You'd have to live under a rock to not know what braille is. It's on pretty much every public bathroom sign, and plenty of other signs as well. Besides, I think they teach it at school. Besides the fact that you're given a key in the game, it wouldn't be that hard to look up on Wikipedia or the like. I agree that it was original, but that doesn't necessarily make it a good puzzle.

You don't seem to realize seeing something doesn't imply understanding it. Especially kids these days, they care less and less about general culture and how does the world work. I'll be fair and give you the bolded part though.

I still wouldn't call those puzzles. You're specifically told what to do in each cave. It's like someone giving you a jigsaw puzzle, then telling you exactly where to put each piece. Not a challenge at all.

Well, whether you call them puzzles or not doesn't mean they aren't. Jigsaw puzzles are way more pathetic in pokémon games. Or did you seriously had a hard time fixing those jigsaws at the Ruins of Alph? Regi puzzles are pretty cool for a pokémon a game.

Last edited:

Gelatino95

Not a tool
You don't seem to realize seeing something doesn't imply understanding it. Especially kids these days, they care less and less about general culture and how does the world work. I'll be fair and give you the bolded part though.

I'm assuming that kids would be inquisitive enough to ask what braille is or at least learn it from school. However, you're right that kids will likely not know braille. Unfortunately, this presents a problem of its own. If a player is completely unfamiliar with the language used for the Regi puzzles, then they wouldn't be able to solve any of the puzzles and wouldn't be able to find out in the game (unless they use the key, which is actually very vague and misleading). Most people have to look up how to do this. To me, a well-executed puzzle is one that is challenging, but not in a way or to a degree that it becomes frustrating or monotonous.

Well, whether you call them puzzles or not doesn't mean they aren't. Jigsaw puzzles are way more pathetic in pokémon games. Or did you seriously had a hard time fixing those jigsaws at the Ruins of Alph? Regi puzzles are pretty cool for a pokémon a game.

I was just using the jigsaw puzzles as an example. In the Regi puzzles, if you know Braille, then you can do the commands with no trouble at all. If you don't, then you can't do it. There has to be a middle ground where the puzzle actually presents a challenge. It's not a challenge if you can't do it at all; that's like multiplying by zero, using bigger numbers in hopes that you will get a bigger answer.

TheotherLati

Ace Trainer Brendan
...It's on pretty much every public bathroom sign, and plenty of other signs as well. Besides, I think they teach it at school. Besides the fact that you're given a key in the game, it wouldn't be that hard to look up on Wikipedia or the like...

Considering that Wikipedia was made just a year prior to when R/S was released and that I was around 7 at the time, I wouldn't've known that. And niether would a lot of players. You know what I did? I had to ask my dad for help and used the braille alphabet at the end of the dictionary and decode the message letter by letter.

Changes required:
1) hail needs a boost like a boost in both defences or in speed cause ice is slippery
2) the evil team needs to be able to actually be a challenge
3) more puzzles are needed labyrinths and tons of other side stories
4) multiple reigions like in gold silver hg ss crystal
5) as said by magikarp above to rebattle the evil team as a side story after the leader goes to jail having to rebattle them at ceetain points in the game as they are causing trouble

ladykiwi

I love tights. <3

Fair enough, I agree with most of what you said this time around.

Also agreed so hardcore with the previous poster, 2 regions per game is an amazing thing. I don't care if kanto was "empty" in the GSC games, it was the best thing ever.

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
Yeah I agree too ^ Two regions (or more) in every game would be awesome. I loved battling 16 gym leaders and the Elite Four twice (well with them having different Pokemon).

My "little detail" I would like to see is character customization. We already get to be someone else because we get to pick what in-game sprite (Cool Trainer, Rich Boy/Girl, Lad/Lass, etc.) others view us as. I think getting to customize our character would be awesome. We could even get new clothes and accessories through events and through the Dream World. I think it would be really cool.

EDIT: Oh and I really liked being able to rebattle trainers on the different routes with cell phones calls or with the VS machine thingy (sorry I forgot the actual name it was called). And I like the fact that as you got stronger, the people that would rebattle you did too.

Last edited:

Hilijix

Back in Blue
Be able to to turn off fight/background music in the options, but still keep sound effects like cries and attack noises. Sometimes you get bored of hearing the basic trainer theme all the time and wish for a change like other music. Or what if you want to fight important trainers with remixes of their themes?

I'd also like it if a pop-in of anyone, NPC, gym leader, could appear like in other RPGs (TWEWY, Fire Emblem) and you speak with them that way, as well as your character. Those people (or at least the player character) would also have different reactions as the people are talking.

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
^ VS Seeker. While we're at this, bring back the Gym Leader rematches.

And I totally agree. Rebattling the Gym Leaders would be really cool too!

Takeo

I think it would be cool if you could play your Rivals character and have a different path in the story you follow

Streetlight

Cities, Towns, and Villages just being slightly bigger. I understand it's a game and all but towns with four buildings in them piss me off.

Flame Mistress

Oh, thank god. I don't hack, but I have 264 hours and counting, and these ppl had me scared shitless

That's nothing, I've lost 650+ hours (or even more) before.

But thankfully, these DS games are much sturdier than the GB and GBA games not that I really care, so very few games will corrupt, and only if you hack a lot or leave it near a hungry baby/cat/dog. Thank god.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
That's nothing, I've lost 650+ hours (or even more) before.

But thankfully, these DS games are much sturdier than the GB and GBA games not that I really care, so very few games will corrupt, and only if you hack a lot or leave it near a hungry baby/cat/dog. Thank god.

Correction: the data on DS games are much sturdier than previous portable carts. My Pearl and Diamond carts have problems. Half the time my DS's won't read that the carts are even there.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Gigantic Steel Snake with monsterous Defense? Yes please!

Scaldaver

Limitless
Tropius - unique typing. Massive.
Tangrowth - Strategy book.
Machamp - strategy book.
Dusknoir - Explorers of time

Status
Not open for further replies.