• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedTroopa

Flame Trainer
It would easily be survival of the fittest. Be a Pokemon trainer or die from a maniac's Pokemon or a rampaging wild Pokemon. Humans would not be able to survive long enough to develop Pokeballs or other capture methods.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
Words cannot describe the irritation these things in the GTS inflict on me, its always flooded with outrageous desires. I mean, who in the correct state of sanity would trade a patrat or pansear in return for something like Resharaim or Dyoxys?! Sheesh, sometimes there are rare times when trades are actually fair, , but the keyword is "rare"...

Last edited:

Gelatino95

Not a tool
There are pokemon in the world that are much more physically capable than us (much more so than real-life predators such as tigers), larger than us, and with a lust for blood. Take Magmortar, for example. Unlike the kinds of predators that humans lived with long ago while we were still developing as the superior species, Magmortar can shoot massive fire balls that would kill a human on the spot, and with hardly any effort. Humans would never be able to survive in a world with pokemon.

It would easily be survival of the fittest. Be a Pokemon trainer or die from a maniac's Pokemon or a rampaging wild Pokemon. Humans would not be able to survive long enough to develop Pokeballs or other capture methods.

Looks like I got ninja'd.

RiotFire

Pokemon battles would more than likely be made illegal due to animal rights protests and religious beliefs throughout the majority of the world. Pokemon will more than likely be kept as pets, with licences needed for larger, more dangerous pokemon. Charizard, Tyranitar, etc, will be kept in zoo-like facilities.
The church of Arceus will sweep the world with Darkrai worship being viewed as modern day Satanism.
Fast food chains would find themselves in an awkward moral position over the prospect of Miltank slaughter... vegetarians over the prospect of eating Oddishs... (Although they may count as meat? Anyone know the physiological make-up of an oddish??)

And I'd be sick to my back teeth of having to watch "Pokemon do the funniest things!" type home movie clip shows! "Yes its a Pikachu on a skateboard! ...still not funny!"

It'd be a bit of a mixed bag really! lol!

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Ya there are nutcases who will trade a Level 10 zubat for a level 100 shiny perfect EV/IV Deoxys.

im a fair trader. I wont ask for something rare/impossible unless i can give a rare pokemon back.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Fast food chains would find themselves in an awkward moral position over the prospect of Miltank slaughter... vegetarians over the prospect of eating Oddishs... (Although they may count as meat? Anyone know the physiological make-up of an oddish??)

Oddish is likely either an animal sharing a symbiotic relationship with a plant, or is a plant with similar adaptations to animals, such as a brain and muscles. Either way, though, vegetarians would likely be opposed to eating Oddish because it has all the qualities of an animal: it's self-aware, unique, and responds to stimuli in a similar way to animals.

RiotFire

Oddish is likely either an animal sharing a symbiotic relationship with a plant, or is a plant with similar adaptations to animals, such as a brain and muscles. Either way, though, vegetarians would likely be opposed to eating Oddish because it has all the qualities of an animal: it's self-aware, unique, and responds to stimuli in a similar way to animals.

Makes sense...
I tend to live by the rule that if my vegetables are at the stage of walking and talking then it's probably time to throw them out anyway! lol!

The Nemesis

Ditto Farmer
The worst part: it actually does go through sometimes

I did it for kicks once. I asked for a level 100 mewtwo in exchange for something like a level 1 Totodile that I had just hatched.

Came back a few days later and it went through. I laughed, because when I submitted the offer I just sort of though "right, this isn't going to work. I just have to try it to see how insane it is"

The dumb thing was that after that I tried to put a fairer trade on GTS and it sat for weeks without any takers before I pulled it offline.

TheotherLati

Ace Trainer Brendan
When I was younger, I had a pretty bad habit of not saving before encountering legendaries.

And this one still happens to me to this day... I usually train a bit before the E4, so sometimes most of time my team is either tired out or had fainted. So when I enter the league, I go straight through the doors without even healing my team and stock up on some Full restores and revives. So well, you could could probably guess what happens next...

Flame Mistress

If the world was actually the world in the games/anime, then the world would be messed up pretty badly.

However, if it was just Pokémon in our world and nothing else, then that wouldn't really have a bug impact on the world, except for Pokémon Battling and maybe Pokémon Journeys. At least it would still be normal.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
So many. So so many.

-I used a Delibird. I expected it to defeat Lance's Dragonites with Icy wind (Silver)
-I thought for the longest time ice was super effective against rock.
-I used my very first master ball on a Pidgey (Red)

And countless others I'm sure. I just don't want to hurt my brain to think of them. xD

ColorsofTheRainbow

Live. Love. Ho-Oh.
I accidentally went into the tall grass in the Dreamyard while hatching eggs and since my Litwick that I carry for MMing is low level, I got wiped out by a Venomoth and lost money. This has happened twice.

Toyo

Wandering Caretaker
for the longest time, because the gengar family was part poison, I though psychic was super effective on ghost. I go to battle Fantina. My friend challenges me to only use my Alakasam. I say yes. I box every other pokemon. Murdered by a gym trainer. I try again and again, and eventually run out of money. no other trainer was there that I didn't murder. No money= no potions=no inbattle healing=no winning. Then I secretly got out my prinplup and murkrow and sweep the entire gym with murkrow.
5 years later
*facepalm*

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
I named a swablu ULBAWS and evolved it then migrated it and didn't like the name.

Scizor-tastic

wants you to stfu
lol That's so true. Little kids would get kidnapped by Drifloons and Banettes, peoples souls would be stolen by Lampents and Shedinjas, Gengars would be stealing peoples lives, and dead people would turn into Yamasks. How lovely.
Check Grovyle's Japanese PDex entry. Just lovely.

Also, Oddish IS a plant but it seems to have a, hmm, animal like feel to it. It just seems like it's body and feet are the meat while the leaves COULD be consumed, but grown back :B

Oh and Infernape could be good for smores :B

Kalosian

So long
The most common moments when I get frustrated is when I have gotten haxed to death, especially if it is in an important battle in any battle facility.
I do also find it frustrating when I am trying to catch a legendary, but they run out of PP for their moves and struggle to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.