• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Oh, geez, I hate those ragequitters! If I know I'm gonna lose, worst I'll do is forfeit- run from the battle.

It's not all bad, though. Some people actually are courteous enough to see the whole battle through. I remember one time, someone was nice enough to stay for the whole match, only for their team to get swept by my Slaking. They had Haxorus, Lucario, and Volcarona. I had Chandelure, Yamask, and Slaking. I think you all have a vague idea as to how that went.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
In Firered, I went to Island 5 or 6 to catch a Natu. I ran outta Pokeballs. I then walked around, then found a Shiny Fearow. After defeating it(*sigh*), I realized I could have avoided the Shiny Fearow encounter because my Crobat knew Fly.
That happened to me, except replace "FireRed" with "Ruby", "Natu" with "Manectric", "Fearow" with "Zigzagoon", and "Crobat" with "Pelipper". And that Zigzagoon would have been my first shiny. It's that situation that taught me that the most important thing to do is to stock up on Poké Balls.

Well my worst time was with a Shiny Ekans in the SS Safari.

Exact same thing happened to me, only in HeartGold. I feel your pain.

Recently, I gave up on a weeks-long attempt to MM a Shiny Koffing. I went to Black City for the usual ten rematches... and the place was deserted. I was able to use my White Version to repopulate it somewhat, but for some reason, I'm not able to invite anyone from White Forest that used to be in my Black City. That, you know, aren't there anymore.

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
I'd have to agree, since the only thing relevant to EX is the Card series. Its possible they're bringing back old cards w an upgrade

ColorsofTheRainbow

Live. Love. Ho-Oh.
Recently, I gave up on a weeks-long attempt to MM a Shiny Koffing. I went to Black City for the usual ten rematches... and the place was deserted. I was able to use my White Version to repopulate it somewhat, but for some reason, I'm not able to invite anyone from White Forest that used to be in my Black City. That, you know, aren't there anymore.

That's exactly what happened to me. Minus the repopulating it because of White Forest since I just started White. Apparently the longer it takes you to get to Black City, the less people that will be there when you eventually arrive. Unfortunately I didn't know about this until after I went there to find it completely empty -____-

Buchou

filch some swag
This hasn't really happened to me. Maybe once or twice with the first gen games, but I didn't really care and I still don't.

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
My file isn't corrupted in the 650 hours I play it so I actually don't fear it, and the file doesn't corrput without doing anything to your file, so you shouldn't worry.

Vycksta

I consider this question to be answered, so I'm closing it.

OP, the next time you have a question, use the sticky thread at the top of this subforum. It's there for a reason and that's to stop threads like this clogging up GPD and pushing the actual discussion threads down.

xaGuyUnderYoux

East Northport Play n' Trade is Having a Tourny!

The East Northport Play n' Trade is having a pokemon tournament. the Play n' Trade hosting this is located in Elwood, NY. They're doing every game including GBC, GBA, and Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2. Plan your team ahead of time. further notice will come about the date of the tournament. posts are put up in advance to get people to prepare and spread the word. Enjoy your Pokemon!!

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
That's exactly what happened to me. Minus the repopulating it because of White Forest since I just started White. Apparently the longer it takes you to get to Black City, the less people that will be there when you eventually arrive. Unfortunately I didn't know about this until after I went there to find it completely empty -____-

I knew about that part. As it took me around two days to beat Black Version, my Black City had been full from the start.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Probably when I ran into a shiny Golbat in Diamond or Pearl (don't remember) and I didn't have any poke balls.I was mad that I hadn't bought any poke balls previously.

Damn. That sucks. Had a similar incident... I was in the Safari Zone and I ran into a shiny Weezing. I almost had it, but it bolted at the last second :(. Darn it.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I don't hack or treat my games like trash, so the anxiety has never stabbed me with a knife.

I never hack anymore, though I used to. I was an avid user of Action Replay back in the day of Generation III. I somewhat fear bad karma, but it's not a huge fear with me, given that my Black Version has never so much as touched a cheating device.

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
Never

I do hate the thought my fies COULD crash, so i generally save 2-4 times(Not just Pokemon, any game). But I have never lost a file, yet,....

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
I’ve had a few dreams where my Generation 3 and 4 games got corrupted: The Pokémon would know glitchy moves and some would just dissappear). My fears of this happening comes from the time when my copy of Mystery Dungeon Red didn’t load properly and I thought all my safe data was gone. Luckily, all my save data came back after I turned off the GBA and turned it back on.

Since I don’t use external devices on my games and treat them decently, My save file hasent been corrupted. Crystal and Ruby (and likely Gold, Sapphire, and Emerald) have had internal battery failure, but that’s due to age. The GEN 3 games are still playable and I don’t care about the GEN 2 carts. I’ve had no problems with Pearl (OVER 8000 hours of play), Platinum, SoulSilver, and White, and I expect them to stay that way for a while.

Mike Breezy

I've had quite a few of those moments throughout all my Pokemon adventures.
PMD2: Me (Charmander) and my lovely partner Mudkip were on our way to the top of Temporal Spire to save the world from darkness and such. We were enjoying the lovely music, and kicking lots and lots of butt. One floor away to the summit, we encountered a PorygonZ, which proceeded to mutilate my friend Mudkip with its extremely annoying Discharge attack. Words cannot even describe how pissed I was. I believe I said some things my mother wasn't proud of.
Sapphire: Simple. I picked up my Treecko, and saw the Poochyena I had to fight was shiny. I turned off my GBA SP..went outside, screamed bad things at Game Freak and cursed my luck.

I've had a few experiences with hax..but that's fairly normal with me and my luck. But that PMD2 one..My God...That still pisses me to this day..

Status
Not open for further replies.