• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faytal

Virizion <3
If I receive a pokemon with an obscene nickname or just one I plain hate (i.e. Liberty Island Victini named V*gina or "eeks" the rotom), I will hack and change that nickname. I will not be chained to a nickname I hate.

SoraNight

The sky is the limit
What do people think is wrong with Smogon? The site just organizes the decidely unbalanced metagame, so all pokemon can have a chance to shine. They also don't force you to abide by their rules. If you want to go with your all Delibird team, then more power to ya.But, don't get angry if you lose to someone with an OU team.

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
How come in this thread people don't have problems with hacks, but in the "bad eggs" thread everyone is saying that hacks are bad?

HarmonySH

Rennaissance Woman
really all it does is cut the time down
waiting 4 months for a shiny shuckle instead of 4 minutes doesn't make you a better trainer

randomspot555

The only way to know a Pokemon is 100% legit is if you caught it, hatched the egg, or attended the event yourself personally using a legit came cart and appropriate video game system (GBA, DS, etc...).

That's how you tell. There are "hack checkers" out there that can tell you if it falls within legal parameters, but none of them can tell if a Pokemon originated from an AR because, if done correctly, there's nothing illegal about the Pokemon.

basically what randomspot said, although if you get it from a trusted source, it'll most likely be legit as well.

as for checking the legitimacy of a pokemon, pokecheck is your best option, but a properly hacked pokemon is indistinguishable from a legit one.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Usually you can tell when a pokemon is hacked by some of the following parameters:

- Shininess
- Caught in a master ball (especially if it's not a legendary)
- Level 100

None of these are concrete, though, and it's possible to get a legit pokemon with all these traits. Like Randomspot said, there's really no definitive way to tell when a pokemon is hacked unless you know for yourself.

Hydralisk86

basically what randomspot said, although if you get it from a trusted source, it'll most likely be legit as well.

as for checking the legitimacy of a pokemon, pokecheck is your best option, but a properly hacked pokemon is indistinguishable from a legit one.

That's not so good. I hate the idea of getting hacked pokemon, i mean i bet my opinion is shared by other people, but it kind of ruins the game for people who want to get into legit competitive battling/trading.

Hydralisk86

OK, so if i want a certain pokemon...

OK, so if i want a certain pokemon, would i generally have to give something of value for it? I mean I want a Beldum, but i dunno if people would still want something for it, when they could just breed one and give it to me for basically not much.

randomspot555

That's not so good. I hate the idea of getting hacked pokemon, i mean i bet my opinion is shared by other people, but it kind of ruins the game for people who want to get into legit competitive battling/trading.

Then don't trade. Assuming you own the games, have enough BP, and Pokemon with Pickup, you can easily get enough legit items to breed and raise your own team.

Most people who do competitive battling just use Pokemon Online (battle simulator).

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Go to the trade forum and find Beldum's thread, then post what you're offering. If someone's interested, then they'll let you know.

Also, use the questions thread. It's stickied at the top of General Pokemon Discussion.

Hydralisk86

Go to the trade forum and find Beldum's thread, then post what you're offering. If someone's interested, then they'll let you know.

Also, use the questions thread. It's stickied at the top of General Pokemon Discussion.

Could you tell me what the Pokemon Trade Forums is called? I mean, there is different boards, and i wonder if my question belongs in Black/White one, or another one.

This is coming from the message board that let this topic run for almost a thousand posts. At least Smogon locks threads like this because there's no reason for such threads to exist.

Although, to be fair, this section of the forum is made for threads like this (since the Debate Forum doesn't allow Pokemon topics, IIRC). Smogon doesn't have a use for threads like this since it isn't as casual a site as Serebii.

@PsiOmega: Smogon doesn't really say anything like that. They just create their own tiering system based upon the usage and decisions of their own community. If people from other communities do or do not want to play by their tiers, so be it.

Hydralisk86

I have a question about trading.

I have Pokemon White, but i want a Beldum. Do i have to trade with someone else with black/White to get Beldum? Or can i trade with someone with a different pokemon game?
Sorry, I'm new to this forums, don't know where certain questions go.

DasBoot

Personally, Smogon gets under my skin because they almost seem like they're saying that their way is the only way to play Pokemon. Serebii has a much more casual appeal to it. I'm as competitive as a Pokemon player gets, but I prefer Serebii because Smogon seems to imply that anything beyond what they say is the wrong way to play the game.

Smogon never said you have to play by their rules, they are suggestions. And when they are used, it's on their site or PO. If you battle someone in another community, they usually battle by the community's tiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.