• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Anime =/= games

randomspot555

I don't have anything against the newer gens but nothing in the future of Pokemon will ever compare to that first wave of Pokemon fandom.

The "craze" might've been something to be a part of, but the games have only approved over the years. Gen I shows it age a lot. No trainer rematches outside of the E4/RivalChamp, no breeding, and a lot of battle related glitches (Focus Energy lowers crit hit rate, Dragonite and Mewtwo being super broken, and that's only a few out of dozens). Even in the modern games,the Gen I and II MIDI BLEEP BLORGH cries sound out of place compared to the cries of Gen III-V

3D992

The Living Hologram
I'm guessing a baby kangaskhan grows up normally, however if its mother dies it becomes a cubone which evolves into marowack.

Falconx03

Legendary
I loved the originals too, I was 6 when they came out. I only got into Pokemon because of my Brother. He had Red and Blue versions, always let me play his Blue. Then my parents bought me Yellow and then soon after I got Gold and my brother got Silver. My brother grew out of Pokemon and gave me all his games and cards, I still own all the cards and the RBY and GS, just never play them because it's a hassle to carry and play the Gameboy Color due to bulkiness, up/down rectangle and batteries. At least the GBA and DS are left/right rectangles. Also there is no backlight to the GBC, only the worm light(remember those?)

Master Leo

The Dark Side
I didnt even know what pokemon was when my mom got me my yellow version. I am glad i played it though, because starting with the first, you really see the advances in the game other than just how it looks.

needsalimegreenespeon

Shine, Eevee, shine!
Hmmm.... Everything reminds me about Pokemon!!! XD Sorry...
My pet duck Gertrude reminds me of Ducklett... That weird enough for you???

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
How about an image macro infraction? Enough.

When Pokemon came out in the UK I was 16 and in 6th form. It wasn't really a 'craze' but at least 4 people had the game and played it, and that's 4 people more than I've ever known personally to play the game. So not really part of a craze at the time, but being on forums and chatrooms during the height or RBY and the pre-release of GS seemed more fun than now. Not that things have changed much, but back then there was a smaller fan base, so everything seemed more tight knit and everyone's opinions were shared and felt closer together. Whereas now, there are so many ideas and thoughts flying around, you just get lost in the crowd.

Last edited:

Swagga09

oh yeah, the pokemon craze was ridiculous. If I remember correctly, the games came first, then the show, and then the cards. My school used to confiscate gamebos and cards because they caused such a huge distraction. Pokemon was literally everywhere.

MonkeyX

I remember when pokemon was cool, good times, good times. The show got me obsessed and the games continued that obsession.

I remember in Elementary School when everyone would bring their Gameboys to school and trade, battle ect. Things were good then.

PsiOmega

An old soul
This issue had been a subject of a recent discussion in another forum (if you want to see it, PM me.) we have raised several points regarding baby kanghaskan, from similarities with cubone, to missingno's apparent involvement. As a conclusion, we arrived to a assumption that cubone is indeed a baby Kanghaskhan, whose mother had died.

Then explain Marowak, if that's the case.

I think Dewott/Samurott should have been a water/fighting.

I think Ninetales could've been a Fire/Psychic....but it's fine the way it is.

I don't really see Altaria as a dragon type...but that may be the point? lol

I honestly thought piplup was gonna be a water/ice bc it's a penguin but water/steel is pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.