• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I wonder if my old games still work.. I remember putting crystal back in not to long ago (actually it was right before ss/hg came out). I wonder if I could even find my old yellow version...

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Whenever someone says a person is modest, i always think to myself, "They have good special attack..."

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Ah, the good days when Pokemon cards got banned in your school.

The Kids in my school found away around the card ban, they used sticker stuck onto a regular playing card with the attack written on.

Ciliano

The "craze" might've been something to be a part of, but the games have only approved over the years. Gen I shows it age a lot. No trainer rematches outside of the E4/RivalChamp, no breeding, and a lot of battle related glitches (Focus Energy lowers crit hit rate, Dragonite and Mewtwo being super broken, and that's only a few out of dozens). Even in the modern games,the Gen I and II MIDI BLEEP BLORGH cries sound out of place compared to the cries of Gen III-V

The extremely broken battling system is what made it for me. Try playing Generation I on a battling simulator. It is amazing how much the game has changed.

halloweenghost

oh me too it was great I feel the newer fans who missed out and the craze was HUGE! sure I was just out of highschool but it was fun seeing and eharign about people talking aobut pokemon,.. and thank goodness fro the internet back then. comic book shops also were good hotspots..

Swagga09

not sure where you live,..but in the US.. the anime was out first before anything,..about a month and the games came out. I credit the anime as being a good start for pokemon's success ehre.

Last edited:

SuperEpicRock

Yeah, I was big into the tcg in elementary school. I really wish I had been into the gameboy games, though. Playing red or blue when they first came out would have been epic.

On the other hand, I'm glad I'm still a part of the "mini-craze" still going on. I feel that pokemon has matured over the years and that it still has some good years left ahead of it.

Profesco

gone gently
What is something weird you do and it remind you of Pokemon or relating to Pokemon?
For ex: I always scratch the scab behind my hand to remember how to battle correctly, lol!

Could be anything! Its a habit of yours

This isn't a discussion. It's hard-pressed to be a worthwhile poll, even. I think there are less spammy things we can think up to talk about.

Profesco

gone gently
Some type combanations of Pokemon, to me, make no sense. Some seem to even be there just to troll the Pokemon, like Lucario. Fighting/Steel=What? I mean, he isn't a robot... To be honest the first time I saw him, I thought he'd be just a Fighting-type Pokemon. But having that Steel typing weakens him so much by being weak against more often used type'd moves, like Fire and Fighting, mainly pointin' at Infernape and Blaziken.

A Pokemon who should of got another typing is Mewtwo. If he's so dark and evil like the Pokedex explains him to be, why isn't he a dark, bug, or ghost type as well?

Some things make sense only in competition, but I'm mainly talking about the Pokemon's biographies rather than in-game. Discuss.

Seems like this thread is just dying to be taken up in the "Create/Rename" sticky in Poke Polls.

Profesco

gone gently
I know this has probably been brought up here a thousand and one times before, but I just wanted to bring up something that I have never seen anyone else bring up about the baby Kangaskhan.

In episode 23 of Pokemon Chronicles, Kanga games, the entire episode revolves around a baby Kangaskhan, called a Kanga, which would seem to differentiate it from normal Kangaskhan. Seeing as pokemon do not just grow up, but have to evolve evolve, as evidenced by baby pokemon like Pichu, Smoochum, Cleffa, Igglybuff, and especially Togepi, and that the baby Kanga is a separate entity from Kangaskhan, as evidenced by the episode, why has it not been made into a new pokemon? Personally, I think that this supports the Cubone/Kangaskhan theory a bit, but it just doesn't make sense to me that they would have an episode revolving around Kanga and not have it be made into a legitimate pokemon, unless Kanga=Cubone.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/PK03

Please just ignore this if this has been brought up before, and I'm just being silly.

Next time, bring up dead-horse topics about individual Pokemon in the Pokemon Discussion sticky.

Profesco

gone gently
I don't have anything against the newer gens but nothing in the future of Pokemon will ever compare to that first wave of Pokemon fandom.

We're glad you have an opinion.

coolkid123

does pokemon stereotype black people?

In pokemon black and white, i've noticed that all of the basketball players in Nimbasa City are black. Have you noticed this/ do you think this is racist?

Gelatino95

Not a tool
It would only be racist if they were insulting a race as a whole or considering them inferior. Pretty much every trainer class is a stereotype anyway, so why complain about just the basketball players?

Besides, by this logic, real life is "racist". Black people seem to have a cultural affinity for basketball. That doesn't necessarily make anybody racist, though.

It assumes that all bascketball players are black.

That's the same as saying that Game Freak assumes that all bikers are white, while there are clearly black people who can ride bikes. It has to do with the constraints of the game. There's no need for the artists to create more sprites where they're not necessary. Why would it even matter if they represent all races? It's just a game. Their demography doesn't affect anybody in the real world.

Last edited:

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
It assumes that all bascketball players are black.

I do not think it is racist. I think you are racist though.

I kind of like stereotypes. Even though I know "Everybody of such and such race" isn't like that. It adds more color to the game I think.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
In pokemon black and white, i've noticed that all of the basketball players in Nimbasa City are black. Have you noticed this/ do you think this is racist?

It isn't racist at all.

Also Lenora and Marshal would like a word with you.

coolminun

Banned
i don't think so. So they're all black, big deal. I'm not seeing any spanish guys on the baseball players team and if this really need to dive in any further Why are all the athletes guys? Guess it's sexist too.

Status
Not open for further replies.