• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Indigoodra

A game with all the regions?

NO NO NO NO and NO.

tl;dr, this topic is so mainstream now.

Theres still plenty of time left until the new gen :p

PsiOmega

An old soul
Whatever happened to the rule 'bout not discussing cheats? (Just curious) Anyways, There's four ways to get Celebi on an American Crystal:
1: The Celebi egg glitch
2: Got it from a Japanese game
3: GameShark code
4: Trading the right MissingNo to Crystal.
Only one of those ways is legal, and it's not American. So thus, your friend is lying.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Then you could just pick up one game and not have to buy any others. Game Freak would lose money. We can't have that.

Also, it would be impractical to store that much data on one card. They already can't have more than one save file; what makes you think they can fit a bunch of new regions on that chip?

Which won't happen. The last home console Game Freak developed for was the first PlayStation.

There was a "first" Playstation??? I thought it started with PS2.

PsiOmega

An old soul
No, trainer sprites are drawn by Ken Sugimori, and the manga people are based off said sprites.

TheEliteEmpoleon

If you were able to keep your pokemon throughout the whole game, It would take extremely long to level up and evolve. It would be great to release events on such a game.

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
It would be nice, but think about every other game with a map(s) in it. Do you think that you could fit every single location from each series onto one disk/game card. ex: all the pokemon regions / all different places in hyrule /everywhere in tamriel. It wouldn't be possible.

_Snivy

Lover
People, technology evolves every year. Maybe it will be possible to fit that much data in one cartridge, in a few years!

I really like the idea, and they could sell it for a higher price. Let's say, 100$+. I would definitely buy it. =)

For the game balancing, putting a max level of 200 would be an awesome idea. Storing all your Pokemon in the PC at the start of each region is good too.

I'm sure it will happen on day. Maybe as their last game release :O I wouldn't want that day to come though haha

DarkCharizard2

Vae Victis
I would love a game like that. I really hope they actually do that....

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Or... the game could be programmed so that you have to leave your old team behind, and start out fresh per region. And after you beat all the regions, you get access to a PC that lets you get access to all your Pokemon. I can see a game like this possibly for the Wii U.

Yes, this was what I was going to say, battle frontier would also be cool.
However if it does happen which is extremely unlikely, they should call it Pokemon spectrum.
And yes we do realize that space is an issue but who said it was going to be on the ds, this has to be for the wii, maybe they can do a region per disk, while the data can be transferred from disk to disk.

Last edited:

Charazemma

that would be awesome, but I dont think it would happen.

1. the ability of the cartridges, it wouldnt hold it all. But in a few years who knows!

2. The leveling up system and levels of gyms would be... well, either very very slow, or pokemon would have to go to a higher level. UNLESS you had to start again from scratch for each region, and you can only access pokemon you have caught in another region once you have completed the main story.

Heres hoping!

Charazemma

I should read the post above before posting exactly the same thing :/

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
It is definitely an interesting idea, and like what Snivy said, Gamefreak could be able to store enough memory many years later when they're just about done creating all the regions/gens they want.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
There's a thread like this every five minutes.....

1. Not enough space on the game cart. It'll happen in a few years? Well, a few years would be about 5-8 years, which is a good estimate of when Nintendo would release their next handheld. Note that in 5 years at minimum we'd have another region. This is a handheld, not a home console. Also, Pokemon prints money. They won't ever be "done."
2. It would take forever to make.
3. Leveling. The whole start from scratch is each region is a bad idea, and having a level 200 is a even worse idea.
4. To the people saying that they could make it for home console is the worst idea of all. Gamefreak has said they don't like developing for home consoles.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
There's a thread like this every five minutes.....

1. Not enough space on the game cart. It'll happen in a few years? Well, a few years would be about 5-8 years, which is a good estimate of when Nintendo would release their next handheld. Note that in 5 years at minimum we'd have another region. This is a handheld, not a home console. Also, Pokemon prints money. They won't ever be "done."
2. It would take forever to make.
3. Leveling. The whole start from scratch is each region is a bad idea, and having a level 200 is a even worse idea.
4. To the people saying that they could make it for home console is the worst idea of all. Gamefreak has said they don't like developing for home consoles.

Yes, I know that, all I was saying was that it would be possible to start development on a home console, but you are correct it would probably be released on the next handheld or even the one after that.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I suppose it could also be done on the DS depending on how they approach including all regions. I would only use parts of each region and make it sort of like Pokémon XD where you can travel from one place to another with ease. Although in this case it would be regions. This way you could visit a variety of areas throughout the game. The idea of having all of the five regions in full would probably never happen. That game would be too long.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
No,this will never happen,because the game will be too long and the game cart won't have enough space.Even if they did,every region would be short like in HG/SS.

cantab

Multilingual trading isn't officially supported in the first and second generation games. On the other hand, I don't know for certain that it won't work. The English games do have kana still in their coding, just hidden from the interface, so the nickname shouldn't create an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.