• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Even though Nintendo is doing DLC, Nintendo are firm against the current DLC methods of charging for stuff in games, launch day DLC etc. and are banning developers from doing it on their consoles. If there's launch day DLC, it's free for a limited time at least and DLC they do themselves adds to the game, it isn't just going to be something so superfluous.

Besides. We have DLC as it is, and all for free. Event Pokémon over WiFi/Dream World = DLC. C-Gear skins = DLC

Quinnzel

Insanely Great
Nintendo will never charge for event Pokémon that they've been giving away for free since the beginning of time. Same for minor things such as C-Gear skins, new musicals, etc.

However, I would love to see DLC with all new areas and activities. Or maybe even the ability to visit a previous region and obtain those badges and see how their story has progressed etc. I'd pay for that.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Currently all the DLC for Wii games are made 3rd party. To my knowledge, there is only one game which has support for DLC, for the 3DS, which is made by Square Enix.

Nintendo isn't exactly big on adding DLC after the game has sold for their games. It's only because of some companies wanting to Make and Sell games with DLC that Nintendo has supported it. Well that's what I read, and I wish I still had the source to link to it.

While Pokémon is 2nd party, it doesn't seem very likey that they will make DLC for a Pokémon game.

Actually, there is nothing in the Phase DLC (Downloadable Content) that means you have to pay for it. The Pokémon DS games have limited availability "DLC" called Wonder Cards.

As for paying real money for a gun? I've done that occasionally, but then most of the time It had a free game attached. (Or was that the other way around?) Mind you I've spend over 800 hours on this game, and I use it to work out stress from Moderating a Pokémon Forum. And the game is a Hat simulator, and it doesn't conform to any "normal" standards anymore.

With some DLC, you really need to convince me to part with my cash. Most of the time, it's because I can't sell it and I've put in some serious time in to that game already.

Most DLC in RPGs, such as new areas, You usually find a wall or a locked door which is only opened after you download and enabled the DLC, and the new area contains the DLC area. In games like Mass effect series, you just don't can't see the place where the DLC is set.

I'm not keen on Launch day DLC, especially if the DLC is just to say I paid extra money for a few hats on Launch, or to get the OP weapons at low levels.

Anyway, Pokémon games are marketed for kids who don't have a disposable income, and have to ask their parents to buy stuff for them. Not the DLC buyer type.

And finally, It's "New game" Speculation.. and It's got to be shut.

Psychic Lunatone

<--The Handsome Rock
Pokemon should start having a range of trainer sprites to choose from.

Profesco

gone gently
Bother me cause im black and i cant enjoy my game what should i do:503::503:

You should stop posting about it in GPD. You've already had a thread or two about trainer sprite images closed for lack of understanding and room for discussion.

TheOriginalOne

オリジナル
I wished I could break in everybody's houses and see what they are doing!
And extremely fast ships and elevators

etc... (I said it all on MagikarpRules's thread, I don't want to repeat it)

But wait! Where is my father?!

Lack of autosave.

OK, he meant "a world in which you can save your life progress and reset when something goes wrong" - Oh, I really wished this was true!

DarkCharizard2

Vae Victis
Everything. Just imagine going off on a journey across the country when you're 10. I have been wanting to do that forever, and they get to do it when they are 10!?!?! I wanna live there!

xXdArKvOidXx

Sceptile Slayer
I Have a Question About Signatures

How do people get these cool signatures if their team?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I more or less do the sig check thread, I'm one of the people you're more likey to see if you don't follow the rules.

We've got a smiley system, which you can use, and in some cases abuse. For Pre-Unova Pokémon you need to type the Pokémon's national Dex no between a pair of Semi Colons.

[noparse];025;[/noparse] becomes ;025;

Unova Pokémon aren't animated and use colons instead:

[noparse]:535:[/noparse] becomes :535:

Oh yeah, there are expecptions for several Pokémon forms, but you can it the [more] link to Pop them all up.

Shutting - BCVM has posted links to just about everything you need to know, other than I'm going to do a sig check tomorrow.

Snigeln

[AE]Breeder
Lets go mainstream and say everything. :p
Natural science would equal the study of pokemon (well and the other stuff like plants, but still), making it even more fun than it is. :D

What you want in the next Pokemon game

With an announcement supposedly coming tomorrow, I've begun to ponder what I'd like to see in the next installment, presumably on the 3DS.

More to do after you beat the game [Elite 4 Revisions]
It would be nice to defend the Pokemon League title once or twice a day. And if you don't show up or lose, you get dethroned. And make these battles challenging. Levels maybe based on the Pokemon in my party. Also, figure out a way to integrate this and also allow me to face the Elite 4 whenever I want.

Cell phone
It would be cool if you could re-battle trainers as well. The cell phone in SS/HG was cool. I wouldn't mind seeing it back. Receiving texts from trainers/Pokemon League alerting me of battles would add a nice level of realism.

Better graphics
I think this one is obvious. I was really surprised with the improvement from DPP to BW in terms of the environment. I'm expecting it to get better with the 3DS capabilities. And the battles can look better. The Pokemon have been just sitting there and bouncing since 1st gen. Show the Pokemon about to use Flamethrower actually open it's mouth and shoot flames out.

More evolutions
I doubt that IF a new Pokemon game is announced, that it will be 6th generation. It's probably going to be Pokemon Grey, Ruby & Sapphire remakes, or some stupid spin-off or legendary event. So I'm not getting my hopes up for a new game as legendaries from Gen V have yet to be released. But there are still a lot of Pokemon who need an evolution in 6th gen:

Durant
Tauros
Heatmor
Smeargle
Granbull
Absol

I mean the list goes on...

More badges/Another region to explore
This is probably the one I feel will never happen. But having 16 badges in HG/SS was awesome. The game wasn't over after you beat the Elite 4. Even if there's 10 or 12 badges as opposed to 8 I'd be happy as this allows for a deeper story.

The little things
I don't understand why they have 'Deposit Pokemon' and 'Withdraw Pokemon' when 'Move Pokemon' does the same thing as the two combined. Get rid of deposit and withdraw and just keep 'Move Pokemon'

Expanded Multiplayer
After I beat the game and do every thing related to the story, I spend my time building teams and breeding Pokemon etc. I'd like to be able to battle them from my DS with a smooth connection.

I can't thing of anything else at the moment but I'm sure if I continue playing White today I'll think of more.

Hidden Power

inb4movethread

Status
Not open for further replies.