• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bidoofdude

Legendary Trainer
I think people over complicate this stuff.

The video games never really explain much about Mewtwo, it's just kind of mysterious, but the anime says it was actually a clone, which makes sense.

Here's a similar question for you Christians/Jews/Whatever out there. Who created your God? If they were created by another, where did that God or whatever come from?
That last comment is so true!

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
That last comment is so true!

Uh, hello? Off topic much. There's an entire thread to discuss that but not here

But yeah, mewtwo is a clone

Profesco

gone gently
I would probably re-type Luxio and Luxray to Electric/Dark.

My second choice would be to re-type Gyarados to Water/Dragon. I thought it was in 1st Gen until I attacked one with Thunder...

Use the "Create/Rename" sticky in Poke Polls.

Profesco

gone gently
Ok, i read somewhere that Mew gave live birth to Mewtwo. Wouldn't that make Mew a girl because you know... So anyway, in the games it obviously says Mew is genderless. another question. If Mew was the first pokemon, how did it come to be born. I mean, does a Mew just pop out of nowhere?! Also, are there more than one of each legendary pokemon in the pokemon world? For example, were Kyogre and Groudon formed out of nature or did they hatch from eggs into baby Groudon and Kyogre. Please feeel free to ask or answer questions about legendary pokemon. Thanks for your time.

We have the Pokemon Questions thread.

Profesco

gone gently
Last saturday, there was the Pokémon VGC in Essen (Germany).

I've made a 34 minutes long video from the event, showing impressions from battles, many of the players and interviews with the winners (in German language, of course).

If you want to see the video, look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cHPPUDxzyw

Have much fun! ;152;
That's great, but you'll want to post things like it in the Competitive Discussion section, not GPD.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm guessing B/W aren't completely new, then.

No, I mean that they shouldn't be relying on remakes every gen. Do something a bit more original, like BW2.

No, it would be redundant to remake a game so soon. I'm talking about sometime really far into the future, like the 10th or 12th Generations. Some time later when we'll be thinking, "Gee, remember those Heart Gold and Soul Silver games? They were fun, it'd be nice to see a revamped edition."

Oh, well I guess I'd be on board with that. But if we start remaking Kanto every other gen, that'd be quite redundant.

EDIT: Besides the "plot", everything from FR/LG is available in HG/SS. There is no need to remake FRLG.

There are still quite a bit of areas from FRLG that don't appear in HGSS (Pokemon Tower, Rocket Hideout, Silph Co., Pokemon Mansion, Rt. 7-8 Undergound Path, Rt. 23), and several others that were downgraded(Mt. Moon, Power Plant, Cinnibar Island). Not to mention that several areas in Kanto have a completely different feel to them (Rt. 5, Rt. 11, Cycling Road, Rt. 15, Rock Tunnel, Diglett's Cave, Victory Road). HGSS is a very different Kanto from the one we saw in FRLG.

Zachmac

No, I mean that they shouldn't be relying on remakes every gen. Do something a bit more original, like BW2.
Making a remake will not mean that there is still nothing original.

B/W and B/W2 are both original. We both agree on that. So what's the problem in adding something to be nostalgic along with them?
EDIT: Besides the "plot", everything from FR/LG is available in HG/SS. There is no need to remake FRLG.
It's not the same, though. It's not the plot I want, it's plot sucks, it's just the game itself. HG/SS Kanto isn't what I want, even if it is nice.

Last edited:

Zachmac

No, I meant the remakes themselves are 80% unoriginal. At any rate, there's a distinct lack of originality in relying on nostalgia this much.
Okay, so they'll be unoriginal. But remakes were successful in the past, right? Why wouldn't they be right now?

They don't care if it's original, they just care if it earns them money, and I can't seriously see it not earning them money. Originality is always a good thing, but it's not they only good thing. We've already got the original games, so why not add nostalgic ones?

Zevn

Lost in Translation
To remake games, the secrets have to change.

What was so great about Hoenn was how vast it *felt* because of the in depth secrets the game had.

Mirage Island, the Regi puzzles... deep sea travelling. It couldn't just be a graphical update, it would have to be an overhaul in the same location.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Okay, so they'll be unoriginal. But remakes were successful in the past, right? Why wouldn't they be right now?

They don't care if it's original, they just care if it earns them money, and I can't seriously see it not earning them money. Originality is always a good thing, but it's not they only good thing. We've already got the original games, so why not add nostalgic ones?

The more time goes on, the less reason there is to remake certain games. FRLG was a necessity because many of the Pokemon in it were made unavailable in RS. For HGSS, you could still get all of the Pokemon in it, but some required you to use Pal Park, and Lugia and Ho-oh were very hard to get back then. And I haven't even brought up the issue of popularity, as many people seem to want RS reamkes, RBY and GSC deserved to be remade because they were genuinely good and popular games. RSE were nowhere near as good or popular, who's to say it'll sell as well?

DarkCharizard2

Vae Victis
I don;t think re-makes deserve re-makes just yet. In the future maybe... (I'm just hoping for a RSE remake soon....)

girazard

IT'S A TRAP!!!
If they do ever remake a remake, it should be Red and Blue. But only if it's a last hurrah and they end the franchise.

HoundoomMR

Second Sage of Water
Why pokeballs were invented?

I have a theory.

Long ago, before Pokeballs existed, Pokemon sightings were even more abundant than they are today. Apricorns were instead used to feed Pokemon that had bonded with humans, and everyone lived happily. Everyone was free, as with the Pokemon. All of them loved each other.

And then there were two brothers.

The older of the two, named Axel, loved dark places, dark things, black things, and the night. He loved to visit caves. He had big ideas, big plans, big ambition.

The younger boy, Victor, was silent, always. He loved the light. The sun was his best friend. He thought of truth, he wished the true present would stay the present.

They both were little rivals, nothing too much. The older brother always sniped at him first, and the younger one was still silent.

One day, a foggy one at least, while the children were on a family trip, they began to fight. Between to pillars by a library, they countered and fired. back and forth. Nobody won.

At least not yet.

Suddenly, the younger brothers' friend, which we know now as Victini, named after Victor, burst into blue flame and enlarged six times, to a mighty being known as Reshiram.

(the boy wished the truth would stay, and it came true, as the last known living Victini is in a bedroom where the boy last slept, on an island named Liberty Island.)

Moments after, the older brothers' friend, which we now know as Axew, named after Axel, blew into red lightning bolts and expanded to seven times, to a deity known as Zekrom.

(the boy had big ambition, so the cave in which his namesake Pokemon live in is a very important place.)

The two battled on, destroying the library and its' contents, and the battle was so hot, nobody could come near the two, and so the details are blurred to what the legend is in Black and White.

They never finished- the boys disappeared, their souls imbued into the wispy smoke the monsters had transformed into seconds after the 'death' of the children. The ruins are behind the Pokemon League in Black and White.

The wisps soon crumbled, turned into a solid, and then both pieced together to become a shining ball, representing the loves and the spirit of the children.

A few days after the event, a wealthy person came upon these two stones, and had dreams of selling them for even more vast wealth. He went home, which is now the crumbled Relic Castle, and hid his stones. The next day, he head out to visit his family at their magnificent tower, which is now the Dragonspiral tower. He took only Zekrom, feeling it was less valuable than the white stone.

All that is know now is that when he reached the tower, which had originally unused land around it, now has a moat from the rain that came, and is crumbled. Some of the items of the wealthy people remain, and Zekrom can only be revived there.

The white stone, while the man was gone, emerged, destroyed his home, and sank it into sand, killing its' inhabitants and killing many people that lived in tiny homes by the Relic Castle. It is said the Relic Castle now has close relation to Reshiram.

Now, after the events of the battle, people started to battle their own as a way of entertainment, and technology grew. a League started to emerge.

The Pokemon did not like that.

The Pokemon soon started to reject humans and they no longer bonded with them. Soon the Pokemon ran away. Ghetsis tried to release them again.

There became a time when humans needed Pokemon to survive in the hostile night. A young, desperate man came across Apricorns in a secret region of Unova. When he ate them, he noticed the firm outside and the sweetness of them. Pokemon were attracted to him now. He came up with an idea, and went to work.

He used the Apricorns for the exterior of the Pokeball, and that is why pokemon are more attracted to certain types of Pokeball. He used steel made with heart and iron ore only, and the core- the core.

The core, or blue button on the middle, was..

to fool Pokemon.

It messes with their brain- it makes their trainer look like a leader, a Pokemon, them. That is why pokemon are always sent out and in with the core. It tricks them deep down, it misleads them.

It is terrible.

It is why we need special machines to exchange Pokemon if need be.

Move Tutors- they are really techs, messing with the core, and with their brains.

Tms- they are disks that drive to the core, doing the same thing as tutors, and Hms.

Pokeballs were invented for our fun, and for ****ing up innocent creature's minds.

END

Status
Not open for further replies.