• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

randomspot555

It'd still bring in the moneyz.

Only because its a Pokemon game. The people who haven't purchased a Pokemon game in a decade aren't likely to ever purchase a game again.

I agree with JB. If, down the line, especially if a new Nintendo handheld eliminates backwards compatibility, we could see "remakes of remakes" in the future. But it'd be 1-2 generations from now and not any time soon.

Honestly, after having Kanto featured in every generation up until 4, I'm kind of sick of the region unless a new story is done.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
First of all, I just want to say that I wasn't really sure where to post this, I was going to post it in the TCG forum, but I wasn't too sure if it belongs there. So apologies if this is in the wrong place and please move this thread if it doesn't belong here. Also, apologies again if this isn't the place I should be asking, though I am not really sure where to be asking this question. Anyway, I digress...

I used to be a huge Pokemon nerd back in the day and have thus collected a ton of Pokemon stuff over my childhood years, mainly Pokemon cards. However, I also managed to buy some of the short lived Pokemon trading figures from the 'Next Quest' set back in 2006.

I've been going through my old Pokemon stuff to sell on Ebay, and I've noticed I've got 4 Pokemon figures that are '1st edition' (Raichu, Machop, Ekans and Zangoose). I know 1st edition trading cards are usually worth quite a bit (like 1st edition Charizard), but what about the trading figures?

I was going to sell the 1st edition figures among all my other regular figures in a job lot on Ebay, but I was wondering if I should hold on to them in case they make be worth more? I've tried searching all over ebay and google, but can't seem to find anything on this. I did find a 1st edition Lugia figure for $11 on Ebay, but that doesn't really tell me how much my particular figures are worth.

Edit: Also, a bit off-topic, but I've been inactive for a very long time and I don't really play Pokemon anymore, so please ignore anything that may be in my signature.

That there should tell you just how much you are going to get for them. Your figures aren't worth much so don't expect to make a lot of money off it regardless if you sell them now or later.

Also we have a place for Question like these.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Although they won't be focusing on it anytime soon, I can definitely see a remake of the Kanto region again. Hopefully one in a more XD/Colosseum style.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
A Ruby and Sapphire remake will happen as there are evidences to support it. Also it will sell.

You can't say it "will" happen until we have proof. It might happen. It might even be probable, depending on your point of view. But as of now, it is unconfirmed, so we can't say it WILL happen. Easter eggs and perceived hints by the fandom are not evidence.

Game Freak is a business and their goals is to make money and face it Pokémon is a bigger sellers, so if Game Freak feels that they will make lots money by doing remake then they will do so.

You also forget with each generation comes with a new players who have never picked up a pokémon game in their live thus they are very likely to buy the remake.

Depends on if Game Freak believes a RS remake, DP remake, remakes forever will bring in as much money as FRLG and HGSS.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
You mean like remaking FRLG and HGSS for 5th and 6th gen? No, that sounds like a stupid idea. There's no point in remaking the same game 5 times. If they're thinking of porting games, that's a different story, but I think they'd be better off coming up with something completely new. One remake is enough.

Pokemon does remakes instead of ports because the multiplayer aspect is so integral. Putting up Pokemon games over VC for overpriced for what they are, just like everything Nintendo offers for download cheap means you can't trade with BW and share the fun and whatnot.

Oh, well I guess I'd be on board with that. But if we start remaking Kanto every other gen, that'd be quite redundant.

A generation is like 7 years now, longer if they start doing reremakes.

Even the diehard fans will have probably moved on by the time they see the same region again.

To remake games, the secrets have to change.

True, but they did this with FRLG, changing the locations of hidden items and whatnot. For a Hoenn remake, changing the requirements in the Regi's chambers would be expected.

And I haven't even brought up the issue of popularity, as many people seem to want RS reamkes, RBY and GSC deserved to be remade because they were genuinely good and popular games. RSE were nowhere near as good or popular, who's to say it'll sell as well?

RSE and Emerald were the 1st and 3rd best-selling games ever made for the GBA (FRLG taking 2nd). RSE were definitely as good and popular.

IMO, Johto sucks.

I doubt the remakes are going to happen unless there's going to be another major change in the data structure that would make transferring Pokemon between generations impossible. Actually, basing on the very same idea, I doubt there's ever going to be remakes of R/S/E. Which would suck, because Hoenn is the place where I wasted most of my time in elementary, and being forced to buy the original games just to revisit it in, say, 10 years and being subjected to a reversed change in the battle mechanics wouldn't make things very enjoyable for me :p

Wait, what?

Part of the remaking of the games is that the mechanics are brought up to those of the current Gen. RSE would be remade using current Gen mechanics.

The only reason it got a remake is because Game Freak knew that it would sell and also the original Gold Silver battery saves where most likely to be dead.

And because the DS system couldn't, you know, play the game.

Which is the case with RSE and FRLG, as Nintendo is now transitioning from the DSi (which can't play GBA games) to the 3DS (see other parantheses).

Last edited:

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I doubt he's attempting a fan fic, seeing as there's no story to be continued. It was just a story about how the Pokéball was invented... in his/her imagination! Anyway, isn't there only one reason as to why Pokéballs were invented, and quite an obvious one too? To keep Pokémon captured!

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Ni9ce attewmpt at a 1-shot, but I'll leave the reviews in the FF forum.

In the itnerest fo getting this topic on the rails, Sure trhe Pokeball was created to store Pokemon, but how? How do you, with a coconut acpricorn condense a Snorlax into a beam of light in the olden times? Or, what if the Pokeball uses the mechanics of Evoution to do it, and in fact, the matter energy state of the Pokeball is sbased not in the Pokeball itself, but is a state of existance of the Pokemon? Hmm?

(Oh. look, discussion...)

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Honestly, after having Kanto featured in every generation up until 4, I'm kind of sick of the region unless a new story is done.

This pretty much. Kanto as whole doesn't stand out well against the other regions.

You can't say it "will" happen until we have proof. It might happen. It might even be probable, depending on your point of view. But as of now, it is unconfirmed, so we can't say it WILL happen. Easter eggs and perceived hints by the fandom are not evidence.

Whoops my bad, what meant that the Ruby and Sapphire repeat is very likely to happen as there are evidences to support it. I never meant to state it as fact that it will that was just poor choices of wording on my part.

Depends on if Game Freak believes a RS remake, DP remake, remakes forever will bring in as much money as FRLG and HGSS.

It is a pokémon game it will sell no matter what.

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
I think RBY might get another remake at some point seeing as how popular the 1st gen is. But not soon as Kanto was released in HGSS not that long ago.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I doubt he's attempting a fan fic, seeing as there's no story to be continued. It was just a story about how the Pokéball was invented... in his/her imagination! Anyway, isn't there only one reason as to why Pokéballs were invented, and quite an obvious one too? To keep Pokémon captured!

His post is a fan fic, just because it is a short story, and a lame one, doesn't means that it isn't one. Given how you point out that it is a story using his imagination, thus making it a fan fic.

3D992

The Living Hologram
Pokeworld people saw how hard it was to keep track of digimon so they made pokeballs to keep track of their own monsters.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Remakes of the remakes? That woud be like.... Gameception!

Hoenn is the only one to need a remake, imo.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
No need to be so rude :/

I fail to see where I was being rude as I was just telling Calamitу that the thread starter post was a fan fic.

Pokeworld people saw how hard it was to keep track of digimon so they made pokeballs to keep track of their own monsters.

You clearly haven't see Digimon Xros Wars.

PsiOmega

An old soul
You all are dumb morons.

If you don't have any thing sensible to say then don't say it.

Gee, thanks for making your point about sensibility via insult.

PsiOmega

An old soul
I can see an R/S remake possibly in B/W 2, because all the other remakes were released 10 years after the original (R/B came in 1996, FR/LG came in 2006), and (G/S came in 2000, HG/SS came in 2010). This is 2012, 10 years after R/S. And since Unova was a really small region, you'd think that there'd be enough room in the card to hold the Hoenn region, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.