• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoteLobo

Banned
guys its a childrens game........ even if they told you most young kids wouldn't get it. So they skipped it.

Rundas

Best Nature

I been trying out a few natures on the following pokemon to recieve the best nature for stats.

Pkm​
Cacturne: Adamant or Sassy
Sandslash: Adamant or Careful
Claydol: Calm or Modest

These are the two natures i looked up opon and decided to swtich the the second nature and star over. ( thats the nature thats after "or" since they already gain the stats normaly)

Should i use a different nature? or are these the best for the 3 pokemon listed above?

Im focusing on defense for Cacturne since its defense sucks. For Claydol im trying to raise its Special attack so it can do some damage since it already has high def/s.def. And for Sandslash im trying to raise its Special Defense becuase it lacks the stat and grass/water types would destroy the little guy.

Im making a Sandstorm Party with Tyranitar as my main with its sand stream ability. I have'nt caught a larvitar yet but ill mention it in another post if needed.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I honestly have trouble playing FireRed because of Gary's story..and the fact that the storyline/game sucked. :/

Who plays pokémon for the story that is pretty paper thin? Also how does Pokémon FireRed "sucked"?

Since I don't have a right-there link to Gary's story because I'm to lazy atm look it up on google :)

Or you could tells us since you are the one who has a problem with "Gary's story", a character who doesn't exist in the game at all.

What's so scarring about such a fundamental fact of life? Sex provides the mechanism for reproduction, which everybody should know because it's so important to life.

Nothing, but there is a time and a place to learn about sexual reproduction and Pokémon isn't the place.

Also it's the parent and school's job to teach them about that.

NoteLobo

Banned
Personaly I love the gate guards outside of Safron city in firered and leafgreen.
"No you can't go in the city"
me "Why not?"
"I'm Thirsty!"
Me "......."
"Its dangerous or something"
Me "Here have some tea."
"OMG!!!! I FREAKING LOVE TEA!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR THE BEST PERSON EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M GOING TO GO SHARE THIS WITH ALL THE OTHER GUARDS!!!"
me "They're all thirsty?"
"YES"
me "And they are all going to drink from one cup of tea."
"YES!"
Me "Ok then....."

KingWiggins

Or you could tells us since you are the one who has a problem with "Gary's story", a character who doesn't exist in the game at all.

...****.. I always forget Red and FireRed are two different games.. :L Sorry. Isn't Gary in Red too though..?

KingWiggins

Cacturne: Adament
Sandslash:Adament (It's going to get destroyed by Water and Grass type moves anyways)
Claydol:Modest (Just give it Cosmic Power :/ )

Anyways, this MAY be the wrong forum to post this on.

ricedonut

pringle user
Oh, I remember one time in Platinum, when I was attempting a Torterra-only run. When I was at Aaron's Drapion, its Ice Fang froze Torterra at least ten times in a row. I remember every Full Restore I used because of that.

Drapion used Ice Fang!
Torterra was frozen!
Used Full Restore!
Torterra's health was restored and got unfrozen!
Drapion used Ice Fang!
Torterra was frozen!
Used Full Restore!
Drapion used Ice Fang!
Torterra was frozen!
Used Full Restore!
Drapion used Ice Fang!
Torterra was frozen!
Used Full Restore!
Drapion used Ice Fang!
Torterra was frozen!
Used Full Restore!

So many turns of that...

At least he didn't get a critical hit

In the Battle frontier in Emerald, I have horrible luck... Once in the battle factory I was on like my 20th consecutive battle, ready to battle Noland. The opponent had a Ninjask left, I had only a Grumpig left with Psychic and the elemental punches. My grumpig had most of its health, and had mud slap used on it ONCE.

Grumpig used Thunderpunch!
Grumpig's attack missed!
Ninjask used Swords Dance!
Grumpig's attack missed!
Grumpig used Ice Punch!
Grumpig's attack missed!
Ninjask used Shadow Ball!
Grumpig Fainted!
NO FRONTIER SYMBOL FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I hate you both ---> ;291; ;326;

KingWiggins

At least he didn't get a critical hit

In the Battle frontier in Emerald, I have horrible luck... Once in the battle factory I was on like my 20th consecutive battle, ready to battle Noland. The opponent had a Ninjask left, I had only a Grumpig left with Psychic and the elemental punches. My grumpig had most of its health, and had mud slap used on it ONCE.

Grumpig's attack missed!
Grumpig's attack missed!
Grumpig used Ice Punch!
Grumpig's attack missed!
Ninjask used Shadow Ball!
Grumpig Fainted!
NO FRONTIER SYMBOL FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I hate you both ---> ;291; ;326;

That's Battle Frontier for you.

Migi

Leader of Clan Luxia
I was playing FireRed got my first pokemon. Charmamder, right there when I battled Gary I realized it was shiny! 0.o 1 Hour later I had a golden Charmilion and heading out of Mount Moon. My DS Shut off. I throw things everytime I think about it.

Rundas

Adament makes Cacturne extremely slow, which is why i thought about sassy. By the time im about to attack with it it dies becuase of its low defense and speed.
I need more responses.

KingWiggins

First, what gen is this? Probably would help.
Second, Cacturne is going to get 0HKO'd and 2HKO'd despite the nature. Adament just gives it the chance to KO something else before it get's killed.
Sandlash, as said before, will usually always get 0HKO'd by Grass and Water type moves (unless it is un-stabbed Hidden Power) so again, Adament is a better nature, but maybe giving it a nature -Special Attack, +Speed would help, including if you give it Swords Dance (opinion).
Claydol can go either way with Special Attacking or Walling pokemon, that is for you to decide.

Hope this helped.

KingWiggins

You focus on 3rd Gen, so you do not know as much about the current metagame. A bit more speed can help outspeed other pokemon to KO them.

He never said what gen. it was yet.... and seeing it is all 3rd gen pokemon (Sandslash is a wee bit earlier) I'm just going with 3rd gen ideas

At that though, sorry if it is NOT 3rd gen, because then Rad can probably help you more

KingWiggins

PerseusRad

I see you. And you.
He never said what gen. it was yet.... and seeing it is all 3rd gen pokemon (Sandslash is a wee bit earlier) I'm just going with 3rd gen ideas

At that though, sorry if it is NOT 3rd gen, because then Rad can probably help you more

That is a good point. I was just expecting it to be 5th Gen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.