• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chippy348

Pokedex Holder
Let's just assume that Pokemon universe exist (am I the only who think this way?)

kylio_27 said:
Trainers" capturing these innocent animals and enslaving them in these tiny pokeballs.
1. They aren't "animals"
2. Pokemons can actually choose to be in the Pokeballs or not (as seen in Pokemon Yellow and Gen 4)
3. I don't think that Pokeballs are "tiny", it seem like inside it is quite comfortable
And another thing: trainers don't "enslave" Pokemons, they live with them for the rest of their life (well at least "good" trainers do)

Forcing them to fight one another(causing physical and psychological harm), as something a sadist would enjoy.
They not actually "force" them to, no one can force Pokemons to do anything (well some villains can), as seen in Pokemon Adventures, Pokemons choose to fight or not. They not die or seriously harmed anyway, even a Pidgey only faint when get hit by Hyper Beam
Also, like King Shuckle said
Fights are mean-spirited, however, these are called "battles" for a reason, which is a more competitive way of doing this.

End of case?

Last edited:

Pippi

Cool
Let's just assume that Pokemon universe exist (am I the only who think this way?)

1. They aren't "animals"
2. Pokemons can actually choose to be in the Pokeballs or not (as seen in Pokemon Yellow and Gen 4)
3. I don't think that Pokeballs are "tiny", it seem like inside it is quite comfortable
And another thing: trainers don't "enslave" Pokemons, they live with them for the rest of their life (well at least "good" trainers do)

They not actually "force" them to, no one can force Pokemons to do anything (well some villains can), as seen in Pokemon Adventures, Pokemons choose to fight or not. They not die or seriously harmed anyway, even a Pidgey only faint when get hit by Hyper Beam
Also, like King Shuckle said

End of case?
Agreeing with this guy here. ^
You're seriously throwing the concept of Pokémon out of proportion. If you don't like it, don't associate yourself with it. :x

AceFlonne

Mediator
I'll just wait fo my future water/fire pokemon.

Pippi

Cool
Trainer customization would be great. Pokémon following you in the overworld and a Water/Fire Pokémon would be cool, too.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Yeah, it's early,

Then why bother guessing what will be in 6th gen when none of our crappy ideas will make it in the game.

but something has to be on your mind. Is there anything the most recent generations left out that you think should be remedied? How should it be fixed?

Just leave it to Game Freak they know what they are doing and are capable of making the game

I'd like the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire to happen. It's looking more and more like they won't happen in fifth gen and I want there to still be hope.

The Hoenn remake will happen when the time is right.

A third entree into the Orre saga would be nice.

Not going to happen.

If not that, then at least another console rpg.

Again not going to happen, since the Pokémon game are better off on the handheld.

What do you guys want?

I want Pokémon fan to stop dreaming up ideas since 99.9% of them are terrible and will never make it in the game.

Option to join an evil team/branched storyline with different outcomes dependent on what you do/don't do.

That will never happen Game Freak will not give us the option to join the villain team or a branched out storyline.

GTS restrictions/monitoring: Prevent people asking for unobtainables (looking at you, Level 9 or under Dragonite) and filtering out hax.

Yeah they aren't going to do that since the GTS is fine the way it is.

Less event exclusive Pokemon (no more than 2).

Again it's their game so they can chose how many event exclusive Pokémon created

Trainer customization would be great.

Pointless and will never happen.

Aegon

Ignoring the utterly unnecessary negativity to be found in that post:

No. The GTS is not "fine the way it is". How is it a good idea to have people asking for trades that simply cannot be fulfilled?

Pippi

Cool
Then why bother guessing what will be in 6th gen when none of our crappy ideas will make it in the game.

Just leave it to Game Freak they know what they are doing and are capable of making the game

Not going to happen.

Again not going to happen, since the Pokémon game are better off on the handheld.

I want Pokémon fan to stop dreaming up ideas since 99.9% of them are terrible and will never make it in the game.

That will never happen Game Freak will not give us the option to join the villain team or a branched out storyline.

Again it's their game so they can chose how many event exclusive Pokémon created

Ouch, you're abrasive, aren't you? Did anyone ever say that these would make it into the games? No. Did anyone doubt GameFreak's abilities to make Gen 6? No.
These are just ideas. You have no reason to be hateful about it. If you're not trying to be, you're sure coming off that way. I respect your opinion, though.
Sorry if I'm offending you in any way. :(

Last edited:

kangle4

Not going to happen.

Did you have to come in and just shut everyone down, let people post what they would like whether you think it is possible or not.

randomspot555

A lot of Smogonites are actually like that, in that UU or lower Pokemon are not allowed to be used in OU,

"Are not allowed"?

Not even true.

Show me one UU/NU/RU Pokemon that is banned in standard play.

even if they can be useful.

Yes, there are and always have been Pokemon in "lower" tiers that can be useful in the higher tiers. But typically, 90% of the sets are basically variants of what happens in OU already. So when using an UU Pokemon in OU, you should be using it to fill a unique niche that no one else can do.

And they act like creatures like Garchomp have no weakness, and that the quadruple weakness to Ice might as well not even exist because Ice is a completely useless type.

Garchomp has weaknesses. It doesn't make it any less game breaking.

I'm not making flawed arguments

You just made the claim that there are UU Pokemon that are banned in OU play.

only that a lot of its followers can be pretty unruly when it comes to Smogon.

People can be jerks from all walks of life. Welcome to the real world.

I've suggested this on the site befor, which was ignored at the time, but I think that it would help if there were official serebii tiers.

lol. No, just no.

In past experiments, it certainly hasn't helped that other people from the anti-Smogon crowd, while making tiers, either:

Have 95% of the same tiering as Smogon
Or invent stupid rules just so their tier lists differentiate from Smogon.

It would solve a lot of problems like no-one would feel forced to go by smogan tiers

No one is forced now...

True.. Its really hard to breed a tropius with both moves (In other words not possible to chain it) i guess i was wrong with that, my bad, i make my mistakes as a human maybe if i were an alien i wouldn't make so many. And i don't consider myself a genius of any sort, neither smarter than anyone else. But i have to be honest, i really "THINK" smogon has a lot of flaws, aswell as meaningless and mediocre strategies as they would call most of the NU pokemon.

This is my personal opinion.

ITT "Smogon s factually wrong so let me make a factually wrong statement SMOGON DUMB!!!!"

I think smogon just tries to win, and i wonder if they have fun.

So?

jstinftw!

hey trainer
The level of Serebii noob sure is great in this thread.
Hahaha well, whenever a thread in the General Pokemon section that talks about Smogon, that happens.

To be fair though, it's not entirely their fault. You get people who really don't know anything about Smogon or tiering feeding their hate, or ignorance, onto others. And then you factor in:

a.) "Smogonites" that give Smogon a bad name by shoving their righteous stick of "Smogon" into everyone's business, whether it's appropriate or not and,
b.) The fact that the main goals of casual and competitive players are extremely different, and whenever the two paths cross, arguments on philosophy arise.

The end result is that uninformed person adding to their bias and misknowledge. It's not really either side's fault; they're both flawed systems. Ignorant and stubborn people on both sides refuse to look at the actual facts (or to consider the other person's feelings) results in more and more chaos and misinformation/arguments between both sides. Again, it's both neither and both side's fault.

Now, randomspot555 can be harsh, and sometimes, I disagree with his methods of speaking the truth, but what he's saying is right. "People can be jerks from all walks of life. Welcome to the real world." I don't mean this in a mean way, but people for some reason just decide that being a jerk, or living with this stick of bitterness up their butt is the best way. And you have to deal with that, cos the alternative is perpetual arguing that results in nothing.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
The Pokeball argument is kind of dumb. Think of a Pokeball like you would the Tardis. It's bigger on the inside than it is on the out.

Funny, but i have to agree with Wishing Star. It's not like dogfighting, or any animal fighting where animals actually die. I don't recall PETA getting upset over Pokemon either. It's usually just the church that calls it the game of the devil. =/

That's because humans aren't the ones harming them.

Last edited:

MagmaGruntTéa

Girl with the 3DS
The only thing I want from 6th Gen is no Fire/Fighting starters. Please don 't do it Game Freak!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
The Pokémon universe is no different from our universe. Let's change things up a bit.

"Pet owners" capturing these innocent animals and enslaving them in many of these family homes. Forcing them to eat and become fat (causing physical and psychological harm), as something a sadist would enjoy.

Much better.

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
Just joined up, first post, probably trolling.

Frankly, said troller reminds me of my sister. She always puts down whatever I like just to make an argument or something. She's very good at making random, pointless arguments.

............................................______ __
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Pokemon battle to get stronger, it's as simple as that. They don't die, they get knocked out. They put their trust into their trainer to get them through the battle, and through this act, the bond between the two is that much stronger. It's not a chicken or dog fight whatsoever. People aren't betting on it, and nobody is dying as a result.

Your argument is invalid. Good day, sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.