• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
The best nature for DODRIO is Either Adamant or Jolly depends on whether you want more attack power or more speed.

destinydude000

The Awesome Dude
dodrio is better, because of its higher attack.
lonely, adamant and naughty are good cause they raise its attack.
brave isn't good since it lowers speed and dodrio's speed is pretty good.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
i don't see how an exeggcute is a grass type.

Um, it's a tree with leaves coming out of the top and coconuts for heads. Better question would be why it's a psychic type, athough that's never really bugged me (maybe it's the multiple heads?).

-Croconaw and Feraligatr kinda screams "Dark" type to me imo
-Yeah I agree about Vibrava and Flygon, they could've been Bug/Dragon...dang that's a cool combination.<3
-Seviper, yeah it would have been Poison/Dark
-Luxray being an Electric/Dark type, seems legit.:p
-Serperior being both Grass and Psychic, I think it would been good or Grass/Dragon.:/ Also the Snivy line are based on garden snakes which aren't poisonous
-Dewott and Samurott, Water/Fighting...srsly...>_>
-Simi Sage/Sear/Pour, part fighting esp. 'Sage.:p
-Darmanitan, Fire/Fighting, it seems capable to be one.
-The Tynamo line could have been Water/Electric since they're based off on eels and eels live in the water
-Lugia, yeah Water seems more fitting than Psychic.
-Darkrai, Dark/Ghost but i guess it wouldn't have a weakness if it has this type combination.
-Zebstrika, it looks Electric/Dark JS.:p

freekhenstra

Water Pokémon lover
I agree that the Trapinch family being part Bug-type would make sense, but so does the Ground-type. After all, the insects they are based off of do live in deserts. Although this is not very apparent when just looking at them, their moveset, dex entries and habitat are all about sand. If it was Bug/Dragon, it wouldn't be immune to sandstorms unless GameFreak decided to sacrifice its Levitate ability.
Basically, the designers wanted to combine a sand bug and a dragon, and since the sand aspect of the bug was more interesting than the fact that it was a bug, and gave them more ideas in terms of the moveset and dex entries.
The situation with Stunfisk is quite similar. There were two aspects they didn't want to sacrifice just because fishes should be Water-types.

Um, it's a tree with leaves coming out of the top and coconuts for heads. Better question would be why it's a psychic type, athough that's never really bugged me (maybe it's the multiple heads?).

It's a palm tree..to start with.

No, it isn't.

Hudsonn98

Luxray-Electric/Dark
Oshawott evo line-Water/Fighting
Tepig evo line-Fire/Dark
Snivy evo line-Grass/Dragon
Lugia-Everyone on this thread is complaining about Lugia's typing. Here's why its not Water/Flying. Back in the years of Gen. 2 GameFreak didn't want a legendary with a 4x weakness. Thats why they made Lugia part Psychic.

Star Champion AJ

Luxray-Electric/Dark Agree with you!
Oshawott evo line-Water/Fighting Agree with you!
Tepig evo line-Fire/Dark
Snivy evo line-Grass/Dragon Well, Serperior has Dragon Tail/Pulse but I don't believe it should be a Dragon type
Lugia-Everyone on this thread is complaining about Lugia's typing. Here's why its not Water/Flying. Back in the years of Gen. 2 GameFreak didn't want a legendary with a 4x weakness. Thats why they made Lugia part Psychic. Ho-oh has a 4x weakness to Rock type moves and Lugia should be Water/Flying instead of Psychic/Flying
Comments in bold

Charizard and Gyarados not being a Dragon type
Azurill not being a Water type
Vibrava/Flygon not being a Bug/Ground or a Bug/Dragon type with Levitate

Last edited:

rocky505

I could've seen sableye work as a ghost/steel or ghost/rock type because of its diamond eyes

spyclone138

I need healing
1st gen: Chrizard not being dragon Cubone and Marowak being a ground type, I thought it could have been a fighting cause of the bone acting like a sword
2nd gen: Pupitar looked like a bug to me :/
3rd gen: Vibrava looked like a bug too
4th gen: Lucario I though he could have been fighting psychic not part steel
5th gen: Where do I begin.......

Ver-mont

Gothita evos. They suit Dark type instead, nya~
Because of the ominous predictions they make? But they're not particularly deceitful or cunning or even ill intentioned, so I do think Psychic suits them better than Dark.

-Luxray being an Electric/Dark type, seems legit.:p
-Zebstrika, it looks Electric/Dark JS.:p
They don't really have anything to be Dark-types. Nothing, really. I may agree on Seviper though

freekhenstra

Water Pokémon lover

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
I think Emboar should be Fire/Dark, its based of a pig demon for one thing!
Samurott should have been Water/Fighting since its partly based on samurai warriors and it has two huge swords on its arms and a horn, just seems reasonable.
I wouldn't have minded if Darmanitan was Fire/Fighting, it could use the Fighting type well with those arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.