• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Sounds awesome, but I don't think you can cram all of that into a tiny game card.

Doesn't the 3DS game card hold 2 gb or something?

Kim62

Hello
It also won't happen because, well, how would that work? How could they make it so each time you went to a new region it would be more challenging then the last region? By the end of the second generation games your Pokemon had to be in the eighties and that was only two regions. How could they space it so that all your Pokemon wouldn't be at level 100 by the time you reached the third region? It would be a impossibly long game. How could you win within a reasonable amount of time? Why would you go through all five regions? You're character's already the champion in one region, why would he/she want to go be the champion of another? Wouldn't that be redundant? How would they string together? The second gen takes place threes years after the first and who knows then the other three take place. I mean, there are just so many things to consider.

P.S. This idea has been brought up at least a hundred times and not one person has ever bothered to answer the following questions. Ever. It's like people think that half baked ideas are really something to be admired or agreed with.

Last edited:

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
>Implying that everyone has a 3DS

>Also implying that, after GF specifically said that they didn't like working with 3D sprites, they're going to make a 3DS game

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Now imagine all of that as an MMORPG; it could work! Sadly, I don't think that it would ever happen, at least for a long time, as the technology wouldn't be able to handle all of that on a portable system.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
>Also implying that, after GF specifically said that they didn't like working with 3D sprites, they're going to make a 3DS game

They will have to unless they want to die. pokemon is like there only thing so they have no choice. Liking and wanting and separate things.

>Implying that everyone has a 3DS

WTF does that have to do with what a 3DS game can do? I'll tell you what nothing!

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
They will have to unless they want to die. pokemon is like there only thing so they have no choice. Liking and wanting and separate things.

That just sounds like a threat!

Pokemon may have brought up a lot of controversy with BW, but with BW2, they're really bringing their best to bear, and that's still on DS (although I'm gonna miss the old Plasma battle theme). I don't think they're going to die.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Pokemon may have brought up a lot of controversy with BW, but with BW2, they're really bringing their best to bear, and that's still on DS (although I'm gonna miss the old Plasma battle theme). I don't think they're going to die.

They haven't died yet because they still have the barely reasonable excuse of "well not everyone has the new thing and it's compatible so what's the big deal." The problem will arise when, inevitably, Nintendo releases a 3DS model incompatible with DS games. If GameFreak doesn't make Pokemon games for the 3DS by that point (which they undoubtedly will), they will be dead because most people couldn't buy their games even if they wanted to.

You also conveniently overlook the other improvements that the 3DS has, namely better cameras, a gyroscope, more memory, more processing and graphical power, larger, better quality screens, and complete compatibility with the 3DS's online system, local wireless functions, and internal systems. You know, progress.

Though it can't happen, that would be amazing. FINALLY, I could catch a Taillow outside of Hoenn!

There's a Headbutt tree in HGSS that drops Taillows. Alternatively, you could breed a Swellow, which is found on Route 213 with the Poke Radar in DPPt, or Route 13 and the Giant Chasm's entrance in BW.

Last edited:

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
They haven't died yet because they still have the barely reasonable excuse of "well not everyone has the new thing and it's compatible so what's the big deal." The problem will arise when, inevitably, Nintendo releases a 3DS model incompatible with DS games. If GameFreak doesn't make Pokemon games for the 3DS by that point (which they undoubtedly will), they will be dead because most people couldn't buy their games even if they wanted to.

You also conveniently overlook the other improvements that the 3DS has, namely better cameras, a gyroscope, more memory, more processing and graphical power, larger, better quality screens, and complete compatibility with the 3DS's online system, local wireless functions, and internal systems. You know, progress.

Well, it's not like I knew about all of that--I don't have enough money to buy this crap, or enough of an attention span to look into what something I know I won't be able to buy offers. What, am I supposed to be psychic?

...Oh wait...

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Well, it's not like I knew about all of that--I don't have enough money to buy this crap, or enough of an attention span to look into what something I know I won't be able to buy offers. What, am I supposed to be psychic?

In other words, the 3DS is no different from previous systems because you don't know of any reasons why it is.

And it never occurred to you what any of those differences may actually be, or even that it would have any differences.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
In other words, the 3DS is no different from previous systems because you don't know of any reasons why it is.

And it never occurred to you what any of those differences may actually be, or even that it would have any differences.

Of course I knew there'd be differences, but I didn't see any point in looking into them if I wasn't going to buy one. I'm not stupid, and I'm pretty sure that's what you're implying.

(The rest of this is a joke)

I bet you feel like a real big top dog right now. You don't know me. I may have never worn your...Abercrombie and Fitch...or your Burkenstocks (or however you spell that). I was raised by Hooked on Phonics...and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. And for that...I forgive NONE. And in that time I learned one thing: How to be a righteous dude! And I'll look back on this moment one day...and say that when the crap was dished, I stood my ground! I won my freedom! And I justified my argument!

MewForever

They will never do it, because then you will only have to buy one game, as opposed to buying both of the co-releases and the joint release. Now they are even doing co-release sequels. Basically, the Pokemon franchise runs off of the product model of:

A/B release in year XXXX
C releases a couple of years later
Rinse and repeat

Now they are doing:
A/B release in year XXXX
A2/B2 release the following year
???
Profit

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
The only time this may ever happen is if GF was going bankrupt and they wanted to go out with a bang.

On the whole "could it be done portably" issue, the 3DS' capability is just shy of the Gamecube. If it could be done on a Gamecube, it can be done on a 3DS.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt

Adding on to this, Pokemon went from the Gameboy to the Gameboy color to the Gameboy Advanced and to the DS. This has happened before, so there's really no reason to not expect Pokemon to eventually be on the 3DS.

Anyways, this is a terrible idea. I really wouldn't want to see every region dumbed down like Kanto was in HG/SS.

It also won't happen because, well, how would that work? How could they make it so each time you went to a new region it would be more challenging then the last region? By the end of the second generation games your Pokemon had to be in the eighties and that was only two regions. How could they space it so that all your Pokemon wouldn't be at level 100 by the time you reached the third region? It would be a impossibly long game. How could you win within a reasonable amount of time? Why would you go through all five regions? You're character's already the champion in one region, why would he/she want to go be the champion of another? Wouldn't that be redundant? How would they string together? The second gen takes place threes years after the first and who knows then the other three take place. I mean, there are just so many things to consider.

P.S. This idea has been brought up at least a hundred times and not one person has ever bothered to answer the following questions. Ever. It's like people think that half baked ideas are really something to be admired or agreed with.

Well, it would string together with the motivation of the original theme song. "I wanna be, the very best, like noone ever was. To catch them is my real test to train them is my cause..." "Gotta catch 'em all."
'Nuff said? And yes, this game would take days to complete but, would it not be arguably the most amazing (despite it being one of the longest) games anyone would ever play? As for redundancy, I think you're the only person whose complained about it. Most people here seem to like the idea. As for profit losses? I would gladly buy a game of such a magnitude for twice the price of a normal DS game. Therefor, no profit lost. I think though, that the Secret Base System/The Underground from D/P/P ought to stay. It'd be colossal which would make it amazing.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
Well, it would string together with the motivation of the original theme song. "I wanna be, the very best, like noone ever was. To catch them is my real test to train them is my cause..." "Gotta catch 'em all."

Aside from the fact that this theme song was 15 years ago and has little relevance to anything now, what exactly does the anime have to do with Gamefreak?

As for redundancy, I think you're the only person whose complained about it. Most people here seem to like the idea.

I certaintly don't like the idea.

I would gladly buy a game of such a magnitude for twice the price of a normal DS game.

Theres the key word. Theres lots of games with lots of replay value that don't go for twice the normal price. This makes no sense at all.

This would make a terrible game.

Status
Not open for further replies.