• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
However, it would be extremely difficult for a DS Cartridge to hold so much data. It would be great though.

randomspot555

However, it would be extremely difficult for a DS Cartridge to hold so much data. It would be great though.

Also, considering that each game has rouhly the same plot, repeating the same plot over and over, or more likely, having the evil team plot drop after the 7th badge of the first region, would make the game pretty meaningless.

It is a dumb idea and there's a good reason it has never been seriously considered.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
It sounds like a Cool Idea, but there are issues with Multi region games.

We've got 5 games with Multiple regions already, GSC/HGSS. Ok, long story short, The game gets easier when you visit a new region, as your Pokemon will be ridiculously over leveled by the time you reach a new Region. I took a Felegatr from Emerald via Platinum and a Cyndaquil and though Japanese Heart Gold, and Stopped when I beat Gary/Blue. I then took them though the English HeartGold, which was easy given that both Pokémon could 1 shot most Pokémon, until we got to Kanto again. (There was also a few other trades in the party.)

But to make Kanto Harder without changing the wild Pokémon levels from Gen1/Gen3, they made almost all the trainers are high levels, about possibly stronger than the Elite 4 you just beaten.

Well, Game Freak has made it easier to grab hold of Pokémon that Originated in other games, in the newer games. Well, who said you can't Dream up a Milktank or Butterfree in Unova.

Another thing is, there is little story reason to go to another Region I can say.. I can get HGSS with Kanto, which included the explanation of "It's next door".

Also, while we've got a viable time line of the games, I think that there is between 7 to 10 years since Red left home to become champ in RBY to BW2 where He appear with other Champs at PWT. Most of this is from Dialogue in HGSS, BW and BW2, just because that's the only dating evidence we have between games. We've seen changes between two years, but how would 5 for many of the games do? Seriously, I can point out places that won't look the same as it did 6 months ago.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Every single pokemon fan has had this in their head at one point, I find this idea to be pretty pointless though, since
1 there is no way gamefreak is going to do this since they wouldn't be making as much money.
2 there is no way it could all fit on a gamecard unless the only things you could do would be battling important people, and catching pokemon.
3 have you thought about how much this would cost? probably like 500 Euro's/Dollar's/whatever your currency is, would you pay that much for games you could buy seperately, for a much lower price?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Legendary pokemon are giving me headache.. Btw Rotom its OU not legendary.
Gl with your goal.

Tier has nothing to do with Legendary status. Some legendaries are UU and some regular Pokemon are Ubers.
But yeah OP, Rotom is not a legendary. The only Pokemon whose status as a legendary is questioned is Phione.
And you forgot Keldeo.

Profesco

gone gently
My goal is to fill this out eventually:
-Articuno (;144;) -Zapdos (;145;) -Moltres (;146;)
-Mewtwo (;150;)-Mew ( )
-Raikou (;243;) -Entei (;244;) -Suicune (;245;)
-Lugia (;249;) -Ho-oh (;250;)
-Celebi ( )
-Regirock (;377;) -Regice (;378;) -Registeel (;379;)
-Latias ( ) -Latios (;381;)
-Kyogre (;382;) -Groudon (;383;) -Rayquaza (;384;)
-Jirachi ( ) -Deoxys ( )
-Rotom (;479;)
-Uxie (;480;) -Mesprit (;481;) -Azelf (;482;)
-Dialga (;483;) -Palkia (;484;) -Giratina (;487;)
-Heatran (;485;)
-Regigigas (;486;)
-Cresselia (;488;) -Darkrai ( )
-Phione (;489;) -Manaphy ( )
-Shaymin ( )
-Arceus ( )
-Victini ( )
-Cobalion (;638;) -Terrakion (;639;) -Virizion (;640;)
-Tornadus ( ) -Thundurus (;642;) -Landorus ( )
-Reshiram ( ) -Zekrom (;644;) -Kyurem (;646;)
-Meloetta ( )
-Genesect ( )

That's nice. We wish you luck.

Profesco

gone gently
I'm looking for a new game to play over the summer, but I'm not sure if I should get it or not.

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong place.

Pokemon games are good. If you have the spare money, go ahead.

SimH8

In no way were you ever promised you'd be able to catch every Pokemon in any given game. Part of Pokemon, and it has been like this since the beginning, is interacting with other trainers. That includes going to events and trading with other people. If you choose not to do that, then don't expect to have every Pokemon availalbe ot you.

That's what is annoying about pokemon. How you have to rely on other people to get everything. You should be able to get everything by yourself.

SimH8

No. The "All Regions" game idea just too much. It's one of the others things where the fans would get the only benefit, while Game Freak takes a hit. Besides, that seems to go against some of the key aspects of the series, like having generations at all, and multiplayer interaction. A game like this has more cons than pros. The games work well as they are, so I say leave them be.

Well, if all Pokemon are available in-game with no events, it takes away from multiplayer. And Pokemon like Mew and Jirachi are supposed to be hard to obtain. It makes them worth more, in a way.

Having multiplayer interaction shouldn't be a key feature, it's a massive hinderence to anyone that can't find a way to trade. Aside from battling and such there shouldn't be a need for interaction, I should be able to complete it on my own if I want to.

And pokemon like Mew and Shaymin aren't necessarily had to catch for people without Wifi like me, it's pretty much impossible.

*IZ*

Its annoying how some people on here are saying "it will never happen". Like sorry, we didn't know you worked for Gamefreak. Seriously, just don't be that downer. Ever pokemon fan likes that idea, it would save us all money instead of buying 5 seperate games. And most importantly, it would take days to complete.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
I'm emailing this to Game Freak.

You do that. You'll just be wasting your time and Gamefreak's time.

That's what is annoying about pokemon. How you have to rely on other people to get everything. You should be able to get everything by yourself.

You can get every thing by yourself over Wi-Fi trading. You don't have to touch another system, everything is contained on that one game cart. If you don't have Wi-Fi then oh well, there's nothing Gamefreak can do about it.

Seriously, just don't be that downer.

How am I being a downer if I don't want it to happen?

Ever pokemon fan likes that idea,

If this is true, why are there some people on this thread that don't like it?

it would save us all money instead of buying 5 seperate games.

I don't get it. If you already own all five games, how does it save you money? If anything, your wasting money buying all the games again.

Also, it doesn't save Gamefreak money, which is why it won't happen.

And most importantly, it would take days to complete.

And? Alot of games do, including the Pokemon games, assuming you don't rush them and pull all-nighters just to complete them.

Last edited:

voicerocker

Platinum Master
Having multiplayer interaction shouldn't be a key feature, it's a massive hinderence to anyone that can't find a way to trade. Aside from battling and such there shouldn't be a need for interaction, I should be able to complete it on my own if I want to.

But Game Freak INTENDED for it to be that way. They WANT people to get together and have fun battling and trading. It's been that way since the days of the Game Boy and link cables where you had to literally be in the same room with the person you wanted to trade with. Wi-fi has made interaction with others FAR easier, and whether anyone wants to admit it or not, most people have a steady wi-fi connection they can use, and the number of those people are increasing. Sure, there are people who can't get wi-fi, but that doesn't mean Game Freak has to withhold their progress with the games just because a few people can't use wi-fi. That's like saying Nintendo should stop making consoles because some people don't have the money to buy the new ones.

And pokemon like Mew and Shaymin aren't necessarily had to catch for people without Wifi like me, it's pretty much impossible.

Well, as was said before, Game Freak never promised you'd be able to get all the Pokemon. I've missed plenty of events and event Pokemon, but that didn't stop me from playing the games, plus the current connection I have doesn't work for DS games, so I can't battle or trade with my Black game even though I have a 3DS. But having Event Pokemon makes them rare, which is good considering people like to say there are too many Legendary Pokemon (which isn't true). It just makes the games more interesting to keep a few Pokemon hidden and some version exclusive.

Its annoying how some people on here are saying "it will never happen". Like sorry, we didn't know you worked for Gamefreak.

Do you really expect such an "awesome game" to happen? It's not a good idea. Try figuring out a reasonable way to combine 5 totally separate Generations of games, Pokemon, legends, and plots into 1 Super Game and you'll see it's far to complex to work. They'd have to do a complete overhaul of the series before it would happen.

Seriously, just don't be that downer. Ever pokemon fan likes that idea

Again, try to figure out a way to put everything from Red and Blue/Green through Black 2 and White 2. The only people who like this idea have never tried to explain how it would work. It sounds good, but just isn't.

it would save us all money instead of buying 5 seperate games.

And it would cost Game Freak a ton of money if they charged the normal $35-$40 for 1 game. You might potentially have to pay 5 times that for a game with all the regions and Pokemon in them because it would make all previous games pointless. Why buy Diamond or SoulSilver or Black 2 if you can buy "Pokemon World" and catch all the Pokemon in it?

And most importantly, it would take days to complete.

I've never beaten a game in 1 day (except for maybe Red and Yellow with the help of the Dodrio Game Boy Tower in Pokemon Stadium), so that doesn't make sense. Plus, the only way to "complete" the games is to fill your Pokedex, become Champion, and beat the bad guys. Filling the Pokedex takes more time in the current format than it would if all Pokemon were in 1 game.

CovertNinja

Pokemon Master
I've had this idea since... well, a long time! It would be amazing, and a great name would be Pokemon Forever, as I think it would be the last game in the series if it were ever made.

Ti4558

My ideas:

- One really big region.
- A gym for every type.
- The elite 4 trainers would be Lance ,steven, cythintha, Alder, and someone new.
- 150 new pokemon.
- Being able to pick any previous starter, including eevee.

Ti4558

(Double Post)

Swizich

Or what they could do like games like Final Fantasy is put a huge game under one name such as rainbow and make it save and you continue on the next cartrage so its possible will gf do it most likely not

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
I'd rather have a spin-off game dedicated to Pokeathlon. There would be more events, unlockable Pokemon and all the Pokemon available would have different stats which would render them better in different events. You would be able to customise your team and play against others both locally and over Wi-Fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.