• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatGonzales

The Master
I of course always play as the male character (think about it and you'll find out why) and I always name the character my name, Alex, or a nickname given to me by my friends, Rock.

Estellise

peachy

aloquesada

All is strategic, Pokemon has basic and simple mechanics for casual players, you only need to know type effectivenes and the special/physical moves difference to beat the game... BUT there are advanced mechanics like EVs and Chain breeding for other players to avoid that the games die once beated , that makes pokemon different from other RPGs like Zelda or Final Fantasy as they lack a posgame, thats the main reason why there are more Zelda's titles than Pokemon's because pokemon games "last" more. (trust me, i studied advertising :] )

On topic, I would like more weather changes, I can't think on any right now, maybe poison getting benefits from fog... Another mechanic that i'd like to see is the environment affecting some pokemon like nature power, but better... For example, if you are surfing, fire type attacks hit with 25% less power... Or flying attacks being more accurate in plain terrain than in tall grass...

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Whatever the male character's default name turns out to be (unless it's god-awful like Hilbert in which case I'll just go with Kyouhei).

To admit the mechanics are already pretty darn challenging. I mean you got the IV/EVS that are hidden and then you have all the mathematical formulas from everything ranging from Wild Pokemon to Egg Breeding.

SirLadette

Is seems like nobody is interested in a gender change >_<

I am, Kyouhei's hair is too ridiculous looking to just ignore.

I'm still leaning toward Mei for Leia bun twin tails, but it's going to be a tough decision. While I didn't notice his clothing before Kyouhei's tights + shorts with draw strings combo and weird...whatever that jacket thing he's wearing is (dat collar) is actually so bad it's awesome. In every other game with a gender choice it's been an easy decision for me (Kris due to blue hair, Brendan due to white hair, Lyra thanks to her stupid hat, Lucas for his metrosexual scarf/beret combo, Hilda for everything). This is the first time i've actually had to think about which character I want to roll with.

Cutty

Forever now
I wish we had a character that could show all iv stats of our pokemon in the game. So I don't need to go the site to check it again.
It's not like I like to check my pokemon's iv's...

Cutty

Forever now
Just Cutty. It fits both English and Japanese version.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I am, Kyouhei's hair is too ridiculous looking to just ignore.

I'm still leaning toward Mei for Leia bun twin tails, but it's going to be a tough decision. While I didn't notice his clothing before Kyouhei's tights + shorts with draw strings combo and weird...whatever that jacket thing he's wearing is (dat collar) is actually so bad it's awesome. In every other game with a gender choice it's been an easy decision for me (Kris due to blue hair, Brendan due to white hair, Lyra thanks to her stupid hat, Lucas for his metrosexual scarf/beret combo, Hilda for everything). This is the first time i've actually had to think about which character I want to roll with.

Brendan had black hair. He just wore a white snow cap.

SirLadette

Brendan had black hair. He just wore a white snow cap.

Really? I'm not saying your wrong, i've only got what i've seen on a quick google search and his in sprite to game to go by, if it is a hat though it's probably the weirdest hat (that isn't intentionally weird) that i've ever seen.

It doesn't really matter though, whether he's a teenager with white hair or a teenager with an oddly hair shaped hat it's still odder looking than anything May's got.

spyclone138

I need healing
These types of people are so annoying I could have so much more wins if it weren't for these types of people -.- I never quit I take my losses how a real trainer should and learn from my mistakes.

The_UnAmerican_Idol

This... Is my Buddy.
Theyre just sore-losers and cant take a true loss. Its frustrating for the person who is about to earn the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.