• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicfart67

can you rate my team

hello I am doing a nuzlocke and I'm at the 2nd gym so heres my team
Fletchinder level 25
Sandile level 23
ralts level 19
snorlax level 20
croagunk level 15

boisechris

The Strategist
Hopes for the future of Pokémon

What would you like to see in the next installment the Pokémon franchise? That's the question I'm posting today. Right now the future of Pokémon is... Enigmatic at best, but that doesn't stop us hardcore fans from thinking about it. Here a few of my hopes for the future of the franchise. If you don't see anything that you think would be great for the franchise leave it in the comments.

Number one: Crossbreeding. The idea that two Pokémon of two completely different species can produce the same species as the mother is strange to say the least. In the real world when animals from different species crossbreed we get a whole new animal (Such as ligers and tigons) so why not in the Pokémon world. This mechanic is one I've wanted since I discovered breeding and it would do nothing but help the franchise.

Number two: Real time and turn based combo. I'm actually referring to mechanics that you would see in games like Fable or The Elder Scrolls implemented into the Pokémon games. I want to build relationships with NPC's instead of being forced on a selected group. Make friends and even girl/boyfriends, nothing too graphic or anything, just a bit of real world feel added to it.

Number three: voice recognition. I'm sure we've all wanted to ask for directions or just tips on how to raise your Pokémon. With Pokémon Amie we kind of got that to some extent, and the technology is available, so why can't we talk to the NPCs yet? If you noticed a pattern here it's because I just want to see a little bit of realism.

Number four: international travel. Remember back in generation two when you got to go back to Kanto? That's something almost everybody wants to see again. Maybe they can implement it as DLC or something to that extent. It'd be fun to see how much things have changed from one generation to the next.

I hope you guys enjoyed, and if there was anything that you didn't say please feel free to post it in the comments. I look forward to seeing what you have to add.

VictorysMaster

AKA V-Master
The next Core series games: The Game You'd Never Guess

Ok everyone if you don't like spoilers Leave now, I'm the first Person to notice this.

Ok so in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire in Sootopolis City, under the large tree AZ planted, lays a strange flower shaped like AZ Floette's Eternal Flower.

As everyone knows the next game with be something to do with X, Y, and/or Z, but I think the next games will be XZ and YZ (i was sure of it since X and Y was released).
But today it hit me Pokemon AZ version (This isn't a troll) a possible sequel or prequel to the XY series, now I created this theory 100% and take full credit.

Also if it is a Sequel maybe Team Flare regroups but after the event that just happened in X & Y Zygrade must reveal its true form, Waves or Arrows (For the two moves, unless one form gets both, called Zygarde's true form). Boosting its stats to 700 (to over power Xerneas and Yveltal) but with a 100 Point increase it can also be ether a Primal Devolution, Mega Evolution, or something totally new.
It probably doesn't indicate generation 7, but a possible gen 6.5
Please comment below what you think of this. I'd be happy to hear your comments and ideas.

Diego Jesus

Megaevolution for the remaining starters

What's up!
First, as the name suggest this thread is just a discussion thread on abilities, moves, or even names of the aforementioned pokemon.
Feel free to write what would be cool and which set of starters need their mega evolutions ASAP.

I believe everyone should have their megaevolution, but we all know that's impossible. It's even worse if we take into consideration how tiny is the possibilty to get a 7th gen game...
Anyway, The first I'd like to see are Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligatr.

But they should totally come up with different names for them. *cough*Megameganium*cough. Maybe something like Super or Primal(?)
The names are the least of my concerns to be honest.
What matters the most are the abilities and the roles for them.

Meganium's megaevolution
Abilty: Flower Gift
Type: Grass/ Fairy
* This would imply two tipes of sprites for the Leaf starter. One for when it's sunny, and another when for when it's not. Also, this would make it to automatically gain a lot of popularity and it would be a must have for every sun teams.

Feraligatr's megaevolution
Ability: Rough Skin / Guts
Type: Water/ Dragon (or Fighting)
* I never liked Feraligatr (lol) but I think giving it a further attack boost would make it incredible! And Rough Skin would match its appearance.

Typhlosion's megaevolution
Ability: Solar Power / Flash Fire / White Smoke (Considering its desing might contain Smoke around him)
Type: Fire
* Well, everyone that has used Typhlosion KNOWS that everything that resists a Choice Specs Eruption is not the worth fighting with, so it'd be cool to give it a little more versatility on something else than singles.

And well, this are the ones I thought about!
I wanna know about your thoughts, too!

By the way, I'm sorry if I made a grammar mistake, English is not my native language. (Peruvian here!)

JDogindy

Does anybody find the Pokemon manga to be too dark?

Hi, it's been years since I last posted here, and I sorta want to atone for the nonsense that I did over the years (anything I said about DP Adventures and the manga before this I wish the admins could delete because I don't ever want to look at it again).

Personally, today, I'm not a real fan of the Pokemon Adventures manga. I don't know what it is, but I just think the series is too dark to enjoy. The anime has plenty of things to be turned off by, but I kinda like the overal element they provide, even if they are retelling the same story over the years of Ash trying to be League Champion and starting from scratch.

The concept of exploring the darker side of the Pokemon world is fascinating, but every time I read the synposis of the stories and what happens just makes me not want to appreciate it because when it gets dark, it gets dark, like murder, brainwashing, and even bloodshed. I mean, a Pokemon manga based entirely like the anime would be pretty boring, but I kinda want to see that.

I'm going to expect some people commenting that I'm likely a wuss and shouldn't be reading stuff I don't like, but I did want to explore my options once upon a time, only now I feel like I've come full circle. So, this is instead a thread where anybody who wants to comment on their feelings can mention so here. I didn't post this in the manga section because I didn't know if it's appropriate.

jessiezhuang4

Can someone trade me a non shiny Xerneas?

Hello, I've been looking for a non shiny xerneas , if anyone is interested in trading me their Xerneas. I can trade them the following: Mew, Victini, Keldeo, Yveltal, and Darkrai.

hXcHector

Hardcore Trainer
How Did Red Hold His Badges?

Does anyone know how Red held his badges in the manga or any other official art work? I don't think they showed how he held them in Pokemon Origins. If they did, maybe you can inform me.

I'm not sure if he put them in his coat like Ash or held them in a case like many others. I'm asking for Cosplay reasons.

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
What would make a good Theme for future Pokemon games?

Hello all, I recently saw an interesting video on Youtube that talked about what Themes were still available to use for future Pokémon games. The video mentioned that all the Generations had an overall Theme to them that the Legendary Pokémon of the game represented and listed examples such as;

Gen 1: Natural Life(Mew) vs Artificial/Created Life(Mewtwo)

Gen 2: (Can't remember what they said about this Gen.)

Gen 3: Land(Groudon) vs Ocean(Kyogre) vs Sky(Rayquaza) or the Balance of Nature basically.

Gen 4: Time(Dialga) vs Space(Palkia) vs Anti-matter(Giratina) The Existence of the Universe.

Gen 5: Truth/Yang(Reshiram) vs Ideals/Yin(Zekrom) Balance within Right and Wrong or Spiritual Balance.

Gen 6: Life(Xerneas) vs Death(Yveltal) The opposing states of Life and Death.

Given these examples I started to wonder what are other possible Themes for future Pokémon games? Then I figured the best place to discuss this with other fans would be on the Serebii Forums so I made this thread.

My thoughts on a potential Theme are kinda simplistic, the opposing states of Rage and Calm or War and Peace. It would be interesting to have two Legendary Pokémon that embody these two states of mind. One Legendary could be the Rage Pokémon and have incredibly high Attack and Special Attack while the other Legendary could be the Calm Pokémon and have really high Defense and Special Defense. Then of course, following Pokémon logic, there would be a third Legendary Pokémon possibly the Balance Pokemon that would mediate between the two.

So those are my thoughts on the topic what are YOUR thoughts? I'd like to discuss all sorts of ideas for Themes with other fans of the Pokémon series, so let the discussion BEGIN!

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Look to my signature for my idea: games based on the creation of the Solar System, with the first two games representing the Earth/planets, and the Earth's Moon/other moons, and then the third game will be the Sun. It would be the perfect opportunity to expand upon the idea introduced in the Delta Episode and travel into outer space.

Other random ideas I've had include Light and Darkness and Matter and Energy (maybe in a sequel to Sinnoh, expanding on the story of the creation of the universe).

Status
Not open for further replies.