• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajduk

Simple, Europe does not have most of the sales of Pokémon games and there isn't a major branch of TPCi operating stuff.

Same goes for Korea.

''They lack is sales. We should not give them free stuff like the rest of the world to encourage them to buy our products''

Genius!

Orphalesion

With the games being released; I can imagine it's because they need to include and double check all those language options. Not sure if that would also be an issue for Events...

And does Europe really have that few sales? At least the Western half is a rich part of the Earth with a population much larger than Australia.

The reason why Australia is often used for Beta Testing these days is that we and NZ are pretty much a closed system, an anglophone, Western country surrounded by non-Anglophone, Eastern ones and only accessible by plane or ship. All this makes it easy to control unwanted spilling into areas not yet opened for Beta Testing or new products.

Ajduk

With the games being released; I can imagine it's because they need to include and double check all those language options. Not sure if that would also be an issue for Events...

And does Europe really have that few sales? At least the Western half is a rich part of the Earth with a population much larger than Australia.

The reason why Australia is often used for Beta Testing these days is that we and NZ are pretty much a closed system, an anglophone, Western country surrounded by non-Anglophone, Eastern ones and only accessible by plane or ship. All this makes it easy to control unwanted spilling into areas not yet opened for Beta Testing or new products.

Yea, there are some reasonable explanations for games coming out later but for the lack of event there is nothing

With X and Y they managed to have a worldwide release date planned, but it was broke, what was it, two weeks early by some smaller Italian and French (and Spanish?) retail chains, and I'm pretty sure it did in Canada too.

While that obviously won't be the direct reason, I hope, it's the only valid reason I could think of, but it has to be said that it would be petty to upset the masses for the sake of a few.

I've emailed Pokémon asking about this, and I'll be sure to share the response if I get one. I'm fine with it being delayed as long as there's an actual reason that we can understand as opposed to trying to split the fan base.

And I mean, darn it, a Wednesday?! Really?! Just delay it until the following Friday if you're going to do that...
to think I would have had this game completed by the late hours of Saturday or early hours of Sunday if I started playing in the Friday with everyone else, too...

Orphalesion

The events might not be managed by the nintendo guys in Japan, perhaps it would be a good idea for you guys to contact Nintendo Europe (or Nintendo UK), I'd guess they'd be in charge of what events come to Europe when.

With the events there might also be issues with getting it all set up with gameshops across multiple countries (if said countries even have dedicated chains of game retailers) The problem might be really that Europe is a mixture between one large market and at the same time many small markets, so that all might contribute...

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
This really doesn't need a thread.

There's a ton of hoops and hurdles any company has to jump through to release anything, some places make it easier than others.

Oddder

What's the best Gen 3 Spiker? (FRLG)

I'm wondering whether or not I should use Cloyster or Skarmory as a spiker for my team. I know that Cloyster is a bit more frail than Skarmory (based on HP and Special Defense), but it has much better Special Attack.

Here are their stats
Cloyster (left) Skarmory (right)
HP:............50 HP:.............65
Attack:.......95 Attack:.......80
Defense:....180 Defense:....140
SpAttack:...85 SpAttack:...40
SpDef:.......45 SpDef:........70
Speed:.......70 Speed:........70

I'm leaning towards Skarmory, right now. But I'm interested in your thoughts and opinions, as well.

Also, feel free to let me know if I posted this thread in the wrong area, I couldn't find anywhere better to place it

#MayIsBae

Does this bother anyone else? (Gallade and Gardevoir)

It honestly really bothers me that Gallades can only be male, yet Gardevoirs can be male OR female.

Personally, I think that Gardevoirs should be changed to be exclusively female.

Am I the only one bothered by this? lol
Also, does anyone happen to know if there was some reason the creators of Pokemon did it this way?

#MayIsBae

Which Pokemon team would you choose if you had to choose one?

Team 1:

- Swampert
- Mightyena
- Delcatty
- Milotic
- Castform
- Gardevoir

Team 2:

- Blaziken
- Tropius
- Aggron
- Donphan
- Wailord
- Gallade

Canto

It doesn't really matter, that's how it was made and I sincerely doubt they're going to change it now. In any case, this doesn't really need a thread.

gamer_legend

Pokemon Theories - Appreciation & Speculation Thread

Hey everyone. It's been a while since I've posted on this forum but very recently I got back into the series playing the first few games. If there's one thing this franchise does absolutely right it's it's lore. From it's very inception the game has caught the imaginations of fans everywhere from S.S. Anne in Generation I to the many mysteries Kalos introduced in Generation Six. So I wanted to post a thread allowing people to share their own theories and maybe show some appreciation for others.

Here's one of mine :) What do you guys have for your own theories.

Lugia destroyed the Brass Tower
Unlike the anime where the Brass Tower is shown to be destroyed by an evil empire that wanted to steal Ho-Oh's power the video games seem to suggest the Tower was burned down when lightning struck the tower causing a fire.

What do we know about Lugia? Well the one thing that's made abundantly clear in it's Pokedex entries is that with a simple flap of it's wings it can cause heavy storms and rip houses apart. It also says that Lugia sleeps in a trench because are too strong ... could the destroyed Brass Tower be an example of what happens when Lugia loses control of it's powers?

UmbreonRanger

Pokemon Theorist
I really like that idea

gamer_legend

I really like that idea

I really like that idea

Ah. Umbreon :) The only reason I managed to Pokemon Colosseum without an insane amount of frustration.

Thanks man I appreciate that. The reason I really like this idea is because in terms of Eckruteak City Lugia is barely mentioned that much in the Legends unlike Ho-Oh and the Legendary Beasts so having that fleshed out to come full circle I think is an awesome idea.

Also have another theory that borrows from an old idea.

Ghastly is a dead...Koffing
This borrows from the old Ghastly is a dead Closyter theory you know because they have sort of similar eyes. However doesn't Ghastly share a lot more similarities with Koffing? Both are poison type, both have fanged teeth, both have semi circular eyes and Koffing is known to explode due to the sheer amount of gases held within it.

Granted this one sounds more Creepypasta than Pokemon but I think it may make a little more sense.

Pokemon + China

Hey guys,

I was wondering what your take on Sun and Moon is with having traditional and simplified chinese languages available to play in. I know it will probably not impact many of you gamers...

Traditional Chinese is standard in Hong Kong and Taiwan, where Nintendo products are quite common, although typically the US or Japanese versions. However, Simplified Chinese means that it will also focus on the Mainland China too.

In July 2015 China lifted their restrictions on foreign gaming companies and although I have yet to see a big change since living here, because I am in Guangzhou a special economic zone, I do hope to see more Nintendo 3DS' around. I see none. The only time I get to interact with other 3DS gamers (via street pass and or trading) is when I travel to Japan on holiday or go back to the UK. Although, all the internet capabilities on the 3DS work here, like wondertrade, I do feel I am 'missing out' on somethings.

What I'm really hoping for, to coincide with the Chinese language, is a Pokemon Centre to open up in a few of the major cities like Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong, or even an Nintendo World like in NY. Even though, Pokemon the anime has been stifled here (shown at unpopular hours) and gaming too, everybody loves Pikachu. Hes a very marketable character.

I would also love to see some event pokemontoo, Hong Kong see very little. Luckilly I have a US console so I get all their events.

It really feels like Pokemon have got a second wind and I would love to see that translate into a few more Pokemon Centers around the world.

The 20th anniversary has been great so far and I hope it continues!

Prince Sadh

Ursula could have won the Grand festival

Ursula is the strongest coordinator, I have ever seen. Though she lost against Dawn, she was stronger than her. Her fight in Grand festival was awesome, she beat her miserably and ended all of the Dawn's point but at last that ice chandilier made her to loose the fight. Do you think that she would have beaten Zoey, if she had gone to finale?

Status
Not open for further replies.