• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
I am currently getting, Zoura, Pikachu, Dragonair, Glaceon, Esbeon? and something else.... any surrgestions???

be like me, get a shiny foongus!

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
whats no good about masterball foongus and amoonguss?

off topic, i dont see whats so cool about shiny hydreigon, and most other dragons. theyre dumb-looking.

megamudkip

mudkip rulez!
the chance of getting a shiny is higher if you breed with a pokémon from another language

Dattebayo

Banned
Wait, that's a joke right? Because Smeargle can already know all those moves. It would also be pretty useless to know them with it's bad stats.

It can learn Shell Smash via Sketch to cover that problem.

Pichu10585

Pichu Master
the chance of getting a shiny is higher if you breed with a pokémon from another language

Yes it is. It goes from 1/8192 to 1/2048.
Anyway, I've had a Shiny Rattata. Fair enough.
My older brother has had a Shiny Nidoran♂. Slightly better.
But my little brother has a shiny roserade and...
Shiny Metagross.
ENVY :mad:

Axel

Orange Champion
If Missingno. becomes a Pokemon, make every other glitch a Pokemon, even those exclusive to Yellow.

Though if you want to be technical, Missingno. isn't a glitch whatsoever. In a recent interview with Shigeki Morimoto (Mew's creator), he stated that there were originally 190 Pokemon planned for the first generation. There are 150+1 Pokemon in Generation I. What I mean by this is 150 Pokemon were put into the game. Mew, the 151st, was inserted into the code after the removal of debugging tools.

Let's look at the index table for Generation I. It begins with Rhydon (#1) and ends at Victreebel (#190). The index table is ordered not by Pokedex number, but by implementation. Rhydon was the first Pokemon coded in the original games. In between Rhydon and Victreebel are several Missingnos. These indicate formatted Pokemon data. There was, at some point, something there. However, the Pokemon was removed for whatever reason.

If this still isn't clear to you, look at Hex 32, decimal 050. This Pokemon was programmed after Golem, but before Magmar. For whatever reason, Gamefreak later decided that the Pokemon wouldn't make the cut and "formatted" the data, thus leaving a Missingno. There's a reason why it's called Missing Number. ;)

And, if you're into glitches, you've surely heard about H poke, glitchy Nidorino, Charizard hybrids and the like. Those are truly glitches. Those glitches lie beyond 190 (Victreebel) in the index table, and are technically not Pokemon. Victreebel is the last Pokemon coded in Red and Blue, remember.

What are those glitches then? I'd need to look at the data itself, but it's likely data that corresponds to other parts of the game (i.e. everything not related to Pokemon). The game tries to read non-Pokemon data as Pokemon data, thus creating the glitchy messes you see.

Nakashima

Ohmygod guys!
I just got my shiny Cyndaquil on my heartgold file ^^ Took only 604 soft resets, not bad at all!
Heart still pumping, uploading the video now.. Couldnt take pics as my phone died right after the recording >.>

AnimeFinder

...breeder.
Ohmygod guys!
I just got my shiny Cyndaquil on my heartgold file ^^ Took only 604 soft resets, not bad at all!
Heart still pumping, uploading the video now.. Couldnt take pics as my phone died right after the recording >.>

i took my shiny chikorita in the 8 SR lol! SR is really about luck isnt it? i've resolved to play pokemon heart gold for real this time ( i got too lazy and didnt finished ) congratulations on your shiny cinda =D

Aeron

Bum Eyes
It is a Pikamon, just a forbidden, glitchfest '98 one. Makes it all the more jizzworthy to have this forbidden-mon on your gamemail, until it mess's everything up, like that last tequila slammer after you told yourself to stop.

Nakashima

i took my shiny chikorita in the 8 SR lol! SR is really about luck isnt it? i've resolved to play pokemon heart gold for real this time ( i got too lazy and didnt finished ) congratulations on your shiny cinda =D

Thats some insane luck right there xD

Ugh, my phone is being a little pain about uploading the vid, so i'll be fighting with that a bit before I can show proof of my find..

Im so happy with it though, cant believe i got the one i wanted!
Not sure what I'll be hunting next.. I could move onto my next SR target, or get back to MM'ing a bit..

EDIT: here is the video, fighting paid off ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtyjytuXkic

Last edited:

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
The first darumaka I met in white was Shiny, but I have already traded him, for a Shiny Cintaquil

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
with all that shiny Pokee talk..makes me jealous :/
I only found a shiny Golbat and Hoppip in SoulSilver
The rest of my 18 shinies are from GTS and trades..

I lost count for the shiny hunt for the Masuda Method for Riolu :/
I think i hatched about 250+..nya~

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
^Nope, still completely totally, and utterly useless. We're talking about a Pokemon with less Attack then Caterpie. Unless it's Baton Passing.

I'd like to see a Vanilluxe with Surf. It would help it to not suck.

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
A shiny shiny hunting Watchog? A new ability that doubles shiny RE chances, Foresight, False Swipe, Spore and T-Wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.