• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
Red/Leaf. Leaf is my favorite out of all of them, and Red isn't bad.

The Generation V player characters are great too, though.

I have no idea where the love for the Generation III player characters are coming from. I wouldn't call them bad, but I didn't particularly love either of their designs and I really don't like May's sprite at all.

rocky505

brendan and May are best and probably the most talked about due to Brendan's fuss about "Is it hair or a hat?"

I like either Brendan/May in Emerald or Ethan/Lyra. I also like Hilbert/Hilda, but their names are odd (no offense).

@Xashlei: what do you mean by their names being meaningful?

Hilijix

Back in Blue
Brendan/May for me, but Red/Leaf coming in for a close second.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
The Unova guys were pretty cool, but Wes blows all of them out of the water!

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Black/White has the best male character in my opinion, but I don't really care about the female ones since I never use them.

GalladeX

@Xashlei: what do you mean by their names being meaningful?

If you look into the etymological elements of their names, Hilbert and Hilda both contain 'hil', a Germanic element meaning 'battle.' Hilbert is a variant of Hildebert, meaning 'bright battle', and Hilda just means 'battle.'

And where was it ever stated that Hilbert and Hilda were older? If anything, they're the only ones confirmed to be 10.

MissingNoHunter

Cannon Time.
Trading a special Crystal version with a surfing Pika, a Celebii, and all three shiny Birds for a Kirby game.... I was a STUPID 6 year old. *facepalm many years later* :surfpika: R.I.P.

Last edited:

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
From what I've heard, I think I'd have to go with Wes. I've never played Colosseum, so I can't personally vouch for him, though.

Other than Wes, I like Hilda for certain reasons...... *cough*
I mainly just like the older characters because I'm old, though. XD

And where was it ever stated that Hilbert and Hilda were older? If anything, they're the only ones confirmed to be 10.
Sorry, Hilda/Hibert do not look 10 to me...

Also, I don't see how Brendan's headwear is a hat. Who on Earth wears a hat with fake white hair attached?! I think it's much more plausible to say that he bleached his hair white and put a headband over it -- that's what it has always looked like to me, at least.

Last edited:

MissingNoHunter

Cannon Time.
Is Phione a legendary?

I've always considered Phione as an easter-egg/ secret Pokemon, mainly because no one in their right mind would breed a legendary without knowing what would happen. But apparantly, people have other opinions. *gasp* Anyway, what do you consider Phione?

Devil's Apprentice

~Orian Adventures~
It is a legendary - but it is not a major legend. Despite refused access to such places as the battle tower, it does not have the stat and movepool and things of the like to qualify it to be major.

Grei

not the color
No. It was confirmed by an official source (I can't remember which it was) that Phione is not a Legendary Pokemon.

rocky505

No. It was confirmed by an official source (I can't remember which it was) that Phione is not a Legendary Pokemon.
Well it is confirmed Legendary for being banned from the Battle Frontier and Subway just like all the others.

Arsène

No, it is not legendary. This will stay firmly as my opinion.

Because it so happens to be the end product of breeding a legendary Pokemon, must mean it automatically is a legendary..? Do remember that it doesn't evolve.

Because it so happens to be banned from in-game battling places, it is a legendary..? Despite the fact it's technically only available through events, that's probably the reason.

Edit: Note how the Lati twins are perfectly usable, along with quite a number of Legendary Pokemon.

"Stats and movepool" don't indicate whether you're legendary or not either; following that logic, Slaking must be legendary with it's 670 BST, or Lucario with it's massive learnset. Or, how about Zorua/Zoroark being event-exclusive?

See what's wrong with quite a few of the poster's reasons?

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
Well it is confirmed Legendary for being banned from the Battle Frontier and Subway just like all the others.

No it's not. While what you said is true, there are a number of things that state that Phione is not a Legendary, one of them being an official game guide, and another being a game itself.

Here.

I was mistaken; it is unconfirmed. However, according to Bulbapedia's article, there's more supporting it being non-Legendary than there is saying it is a Legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.