• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil's Apprentice

~Orian Adventures~
It's not saying that all pokemon with grand stats and great movepools are legends, but they must be uberic to be major legend. (It is only a requirement, not a defining trait)

I'm not saying it is a legend because of it being turned away. I'm saying the opposite. That is one of the reasons it is not a Major Legends.

I said nothing about it being the end product of a legend, and in any case, no legendaries evolve.

rocky505

No, it is not legendary. This will stay firmly as my opinion.

Because it so happens to be the end product of breeding a legendary Pokemon, must mean it automatically is a legendary..? Do remember that it doesn't evolve.

Because it so happens to be banned from in-game battling places, it is a legendary..? Despite the fact it's technically only available through events, that's probably the reason.

"Stats and movepool" don't indicate whether you're legendary or not either; following that logic, Slaking must be legendary with it's 670 BST, or Lucario with it's massive learnset. Or, how about Zorua/Zoroark being event-exclusive?

See what's wrong with quite a few of the poster's reasons?
I see what is wrong with yours. Phione is not a legendary plain and simple.

Pokemon banned from BF Subway

Mewtwo
Mew
Lugia
Ho-Oh
Celebi
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys(All 4)
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina(Both)
Shaymin(Both)
Manaphy
PHIONE!
Darkrai
Arceus
Victini
Zekrom
Reshiram
Kyurem
Keldeo
Meloetta(Both
Genesect

All of them are legendary Phione is a legendary.

EDIT: @ Grei Game guides make mistakes all the time so they do not count.

Arsène

I see what is wrong with yours. Phione is not a legendary plain and simple.

Pokemon banned from BF Subway

Mewtwo
Mew
Lugia
Ho-Oh
Celebi
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys(All 4)
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina(Both)
Shaymin(Both)
Manaphy
PHIONE!
Darkrai
Arceus
Victini
Zekrom
Reshiram
Kyurem
Keldeo
Meloetta(Both
Genesect

All of them are legendary Phione is a legendary.

EDIT: @ Grei Game guides make mistakes all the time so they do not count.

Nice avoiding everything I said entirely.

SoraNight

The sky is the limit
If you look into the etymological elements of their names, Hilbert and Hilda both contain 'hil', a Germanic element meaning 'battle.' Hilbert is a variant of Hildebert, meaning 'bright battle', and Hilda just means 'battle.'

And where was it ever stated that Hilbert and Hilda were older? If anything, they're the only ones confirmed to be 10.

That was one of the things hilighted about Black and White. They said the protaganists were older than previous protagnists. Of course in game, they don't tell us their ages.

Arsène

Honestly you people saying it is not a legendary are just insane. What I said pretty much makes it a legendary if it wasn't a legendary it wouldn't be banned.

No, none of what you said makes it a legendary. Sure, the majority of Pokemon banned there are legendary - but following your logic, why aren't the Lati twins banned? Or pretty much every 580+ legend in a trio?

Notice how all of the event-exclusive Pokemon barring Zorua/Zoroark are banned too? I sure hope you did.

GalladeX

That was one of the things hilighted about Black and White. They said the protaganists were older than previous protagnists. Of course in game, they don't tell us their ages.
cannibaleyes said:
Sorry, Hilda/Hibert do not look 10 to me...

Cheren said:
Really, Bianca, I've known for 10 years that you have no sense of time, but...

And Ken Sugimori confirmed on his Twitter that Brendan is wearing a 'knit hat.'

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Let's see...

1. Can't breed
2. Can't evolve
3. Not in regional pokedex
4. No gender

Yeah, I say it's a legendary.

MissingNoHunter

Cannon Time.
Well then... Really didn't want this to become a flame war... ^^" I'll just go with my theory, since there's nothing original. Thanks anyway, continue your bickering. =3

SoraNight

The sky is the limit
GalladeX

Hmm, still I don't think Cheren knew Bianca as soon as he was born. Maybe he was 3-6 years old when he met Bianca?

rocky505

Let's see...

1. Can't breed
2. Can't evolve
4. No gender
5. Banned from Battle Frontier and Subway
6. Pokemon.com said so themselves that it is legendary but after this the mail bag was removed from the site.

There added 2 more for you. It is a legendary.

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
Well, Phione does break the mold, being the only offspring of a legendary pokemon. There's not really a precedent for that, so it's hard to place it...
It has lower base stats than any known legendary, yet is banned from the Battle Tower/Subway, unlike non-legendary event pokemon.

Personally, I think that it is in its own category somewhere between legendary and not. I mean, even official sources can't make their minds up about it. I wouldn't consider it a true legendary, though, because it is able to breed more of itself.

It's basically like this: Manaphy is a king and Phione is his bastard child. Make of that what you will.

rocky505

Another reason. Manaphy is a legendary like a king the king has a child Prince or Princess are they legendary? Not as much as the king but yes they are.

Necro101

I think it is a legendary cause I have nothing to say againts it so ya (Personaly I says it should not be like rotome cause you can breed them).....

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Let's see...

1. Can't breed
2. Can't evolve
4. No gender

1.) It can breed with Ditto. It's always been able to.
2.) Zangoose, Seviper, Kangaskhan, Tauros, Miltank and Skarmory (among several others) all can't evolve, does that make them legendary?
3.) A lot of Sinnoh Pokemon didn't originally appear in the regional Pokedex, your point?
4.) Since when does Gender have anything to do with legendary status? Heatran, Lati@s, Cresselia all have genders. In fact, Heatran can be both male AND female. On the other hand, Cryogonal, Ditto, Lunatone, Solrock, Rotom, and Unown are all genderless.

Last edited:

rocky505

1.) It can breed with Ditto. It's always been able to.
2.) Zangoose, Seviper, Kangaskhan, Tauros, Miltank and Skarmory (among several others) all can't evolve, does that make them legendary? No Legendary can evolve so your point is made into nothing
3.) A lot of Sinnoh Pokemon didn't originally appear in the regional Pokedex, your point? But they did in Platinum and Phione didn't
4.) Since when does Gender have anything to do with legendary status? Heatran, Lati@s, Cresselia all have genders. In fact, Heatran can be both male AND female. On the other hand, Cryogonal, Ditto, Lunatone, Solrock, Rotom, and Unown are all genderless.
There you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.